Manchester United

BOF

This is not satire

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says he should win an award for his behaviour on the touchline.

The Portuguese coach has been sent to the stands on several occasions during his managerial career following clashes with fourth officials.

However, Mourinho says he has changed his ways and feels he is now one of the Premier League's best behaved managers.

"I'm fully committed to win the award this season of the best-behaved manager on the touchline," Mourinho said.

"I'm serious - I prepare myself, I'm really happy. I'm not free of losing my temper, my control, in one match. I'm not perfect.

"There are so many awards - performance of the week, manager of the month and this and that - they should give one to the guy that behaves best on the touchline and it should be the fourth official to vote. I'm pretty sure that I would win."

Mourinho has been sent to the stands once this season - during the 1-0 win at Southampton on 23 September. The United boss had encroached on to the pitch in the final few seconds of the game as he tried to get his players back into position.

He added: "I didn't create one problem to one fourth official on a touchline, apart from my red card at Southampton when I put a foot on the pitch.

"I'm not going from the Bad One to the Perfect One, no way, but I try, I make an effort and I'm happy with the way things are going."

Manchester United, who are second in the Premier League, play Newcastle at St James' Park on Sunday (kick-off 14:15 GMT).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43018547

• 2 weeks later...

This whole Jose/Pogba fiasco is turning into a joke.

For me, as a manager he has lost the plot,  as for Pogba. He is just one big lazy idol spoilt bastard. £90m. Wow. 

Completely f***ing useless.  I wouldn't pay £90, let alone £90m.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Pogba is one of the best CMs in the world let alone the league. He has hit a rough patch of form though, and Mourinho had every right to drop him. 

There is no fiasco and the price they paid should play no part in this. One player isn't performing at the moment, so Mourinho tried someone else. This is a complete non-story. 

58 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Pogba is one of the best CMs in the world let alone the league. He has hit a rough patch of form though, and Mourinho had every right to drop him. 

There is no fiasco and the price they paid should play no part in this. One player isn't performing at the moment, so Mourinho tried someone else. This is a complete non-story. 

It is not the price he is getting judged against ( for me anyway), I am judging him against his ability. He is technically brilliant, he has a wonderful range of passing, he can run all day long, he can win headers, he can score goals, he is 6 ft 3 and with his ability should be absolutely dominating games and destroying people...but he isn't. He is wasting everything that he has trying to breeze through games.
I just don't understand his mindset going into these games, I don't know if there is anyone at that club who is going to kick him up the arse.

I only watched about 15 minutes of the United game in the week but I saw Sanchez give the ball away about 4 times and look useless.

Pogba is lazy, I’ve never personally watched him have a very good game in a United shirt. He just looks ok, I bet they have plenty of u21/u23 players who could have a similar impact.

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

LOL he really isn't.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is not the price he is getting judged against ( for me anyway), I am judging him against his ability. He is technically brilliant, he has a wonderful range of passing, he can run all day long, he can win headers, he can score goals, he is 6 ft 3 and with his ability should be absolutely dominating games and destroying people...but he isn't. He is wasting everything that he has trying to breeze through games.
I just don't understand his mindset going into these games, I don't know if there is anyone at that club who is going to kick him up the arse.

He has no football brain, no leadership ability and awful positioning, by no means a 'world class' player by any stretch of the imagination, he has good technique and athleticism that's it, even his passing is overrated, he cannot play the kind of through balls a David Silva can play for instance.

I thought he started the season really well. First three months he was excellent for them.

Hasn't been the same since the injury he picked up in December and let's be honest if he's fallen out with Mourinho there's only going to be one outcome (given all the briefings to the press atm).

That is of course unless Mourinho does a bad enough job in the run in to get sacked e.g. not making the top 4.

• 3 weeks later...

“The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the bass and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

:lol:

“In the last seven years the worst position of Manchester City was fourth. In the last seven years Manchester City was champions twice and if you want to say three times [meaning this season, too], and they were second twice. That’s heritage.

“Do you know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Agüero, they are investments from the past, not from the last two years [since Guardiola took over]. The United players that left the club last season – see where they play, how they play, if they play,” he said of Wayne Rooney, Adnan Januzaj, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Víctor Valdés, Paddy McNair, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Donald Love."

(https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/16/jose-mourinho-defence-manchester-united-record-12-minutes)

:crylaugh:

He's such a sore bellend. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Â