Manchester United

BOF

Have they significantly improved since LVG?

I know they’re a bit higher the table and have gone further in the champions league. But are they noticeably better than they were 4 years ago? Especially considering the money spent.

It feels like them being second is acting as a bit of a mask and is covering up a lot of problems.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't see the game but I take it  lump it up to Fellani didn't work this week?

Can see Martial and Rashford both leaving Man. United within next twelve months.

They need to for the sake of their careers.

Going to be an interesting summer for man United. Lots of players there that mourinho doesn't like and he's on thin ice himself so it won't be clear cut that he gets the transfers he wants. 

He'll spend hundreds of millions and then every chance he gets next season he'll moan about peps spending

Standard jose

Hard to tell what they actually need, on paper its CBs but i think statistically jones and smalling do ok, need better options off the bench

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He'll spend hundreds of millions and then every chance he gets next season he'll moan about peps spending

Standard jose

Hard to tell what they actually need, on paper its CBs but i think statistically jones and smalling do ok, need better options off the bench

Centre midfielder to partner Matic, centre back, left back probably a wide player who be Willian

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

Going to be an interesting summer for man United. Lots of players there that mourinho doesn't like and he's on thin ice himself so it won't be clear cut that he gets the transfers he wants. 

It'll be interesting to see who they sign, as Mourinho teams are looking more and more like places where talent goes to die.  I guess the wages will attract big players but you have to question their motivation if that's the case.

Before the season started, I thought United had the best squad in the league. Pogba, Matic, and Herrera were dominant last season, but this season Herrera has disappeared. Pogba also got hurt which didn't help. 

Their attack is pretty good. Lukaku is obviously one of the best in the league. I thought either Rashford or Martial would have a breakout season scoring 15+ goals. 

Defense needs some work though. I thought Lindelof would be a good signing, but he has been poor. Bailly is good, but injured a lot. Smalling, Jones, and Rojo are not good enough to be competing with the best in the world.

48 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Before the season started, I thought United had the best squad in the league. Pogba, Matic, and Herrera were dominant last season, but this season Herrera has disappeared. Pogba also got hurt which didn't help. 

Their attack is pretty good. Lukaku is obviously one of the best in the league. I thought either Rashford or Martial would have a breakout season scoring 15+ goals. 

Defense needs some work though. I thought Lindelof would be a good signing, but he has been poor. Bailly is good, but injured a lot. Smalling, Jones, and Rojo are not good enough to be competing with the best in the world.

They don't pass forward or quickly to utilise these players correctly.

On 04/05/2018 at 23:11, Shropshire Lad said:

Have they significantly improved since LVG?

I know they’re a bit higher the table and have gone further in the champions league. But are they noticeably better than they were 4 years ago? Especially considering the money spent.

It feels like them being second is acting as a bit of a mask and is covering up a lot of problems.

Apart from being a lot higher in the league, going further in the Champions league and winning a selection of trophies they’ve not improved much :lol: 

Â