Manchester United

BOF

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho must be on his way out the door soon. Football was better under Moyes and Van Gaal and his saving grace was he could scrape them to trophies

It was rather funny to see United fans delude themselves into thinking the league cup and europa league were serious trophies. Oh how standards have slipped at that football club.

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was rather funny to see United fans delude themselves into thinking the league cup and europa league were serious trophies. 

Well on the plus side, it only took them 10 minutes to get home last night :D

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

£300 million is not enough to build a title winning team according to Jose. Absolute clown 

Steve Bruce with a big cheque book. 

Pogba and Lukaku cost £175m and the prat is moaning about money, Wow. 

If i was the UTD chairman reading that this morning I'd sack him immediately. 

He has basically just acknowledged what many people thought. That he is a cheque book manager that is mostly shit in the transfer market and can't improve the players he already has. 

Not a chance in hell that Jose starts next season at Old Trafford. 

I do find it odd how much stick Klopp and, now to a lesser extent, Guardiola get compared to Mourinho. 

Spends vast amounts to get teams to play defensive, counter attacking football at home against teams such as Burnley and Southampton.

Once called himself “the Special One”, though, and basically avoids criticism. 

• Like 2

People saying he lost the dressing room. I think he wants out and he is acting same way he did near the end of Chelsea and Madrid

Best thing for the club is to sack him as his poison attitude damaged the last 2 clubs, was no surprise the positivity when he left

He's a joke. Totally lost the plot as a manager. I'd still say what he did with Porto is one of the greatest achievements in modern football. He was also absolutely fantastic at Inter and good at Chelsea (in his first run). But he's just about done at the highest level these days. 

• Like 1

Scholes tells Mourinho that Pogba is played out of position and not getting the best out of him. Mourinho plays pogba in fecommended position and United win. He then criticizes Scholes saying he would do well to win the amount of trophies he has as a manager

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 23:32, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a joke. Totally lost the plot as a manager. I'd still say what he did with Porto is one of the greatest achievements in modern football. He was also absolutely fantastic at Inter and good at Chelsea (in his first run). But he's just about done at the highest level these days. 

I don't know about being done but the game has changed and favours a more attacking approach these days. Managers like Mourinho and Simeone will hopefully become a thing of the past

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't know about being done but the game has changed and favours a more attacking approach these days. Managers like Mourinho and Simeone will hopefully become a thing of the past

United have the 3rd most goals scored in the league. How is that not attacking? 

Mourinho is known to play tight defensively away from home especially against better clubs. I don't know what club goes to City away and tries to out attack City. Same goes for playing at Anfield, stamford bridge, etc. 

And who cares how or when they score the goals? If the other team has to open up to try to score, then why is United not getting praise for capitalizing on that? Instead they don't score enough, except when they do score a lot it's because the other team has to change up their playing style because United twarted that style. 

I don't care about United at all, but complaining that they don't score enough when they are the 3rd highest scoring club in the league is ridiculous. Then just making up excuses as to why their goals aren't real goals is silly. 

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Mourinho is known to play tight defensively away from home especially against better clubs. I don't know what club goes to City away and tries to out attack City. Same goes for playing at Anfield, stamford bridge, etc. 

And who cares how or when they score the goals? If the other team has to open up to try to score, then why is United not getting praise for capitalizing on that? Instead they don't score enough, except when they do score a lot it's because the other team has to change up their playing style because United twarted that style. 

I don't care about United at all, but complaining that they don't score enough when they are the 3rd highest scoring club in the league is ridiculous. Then just making up excuses as to why their goals aren't real goals is silly. 

Man Utd scored 21 goals in their first 7 games this season - with 10 of those goals coming in the last 10 minutes of games where the opposition needed to come out and attack and Man Utd picked them off.  Now, of course, this isn't Mourinho's fault - teams had set up more defensively against Utd - as they would against any big club - but it doesn't ring true to being an attacking force.

Since those first 7 games, Man Utd have scored 24 goals in 15 games.

Besides, no-one is saying they don't score enough - they're saying they aren't attacking enough.  It's a completely different thing.

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Against City yes but he parked the bus against Liverpool which shows the guys mentality. Afterall Liverpool had not spent as much as United so they shoukd go there with the mentality of tryring to win

Edited by PaulC

Â