Manchester United

BOF

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've seen a lot better footballing teams in my time than this Man City one, so overrated. United, well, what a load of garbage, Mourinho is just a higher level Allardyce.

A lot better footballing teams?  Such as who?

lol at overrated by the way.  First team to win 14 league games in a row in a single season.  Dropped 2 points all season, 11 points clear at the top.  "overrated" :D 

Edited by bobzy

The invincibles probably played the prettiest, more controlled and composed football but they drew a lot of games.

The Chelsea double team under Mourinho was probably the best football machine we have ever seen, they played one way, won a lot of games, ground out results, went 2-0 up, killed the game. No messing.

United 99 just blew teams away, they had out and out strikers options like nothing else and were hard as nails, in your face. They got the ball from the back to front quickly. and won games on intimidation alone.

I think this Man City teams beats all of them. They are incredible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

5 immediately off the top of my head

Barcelona dream team

Man United 98/99

Arsenal Invincibles

Ajax 94/95

Milan 93/94 

In fairness, I can’t really comment on Ajax and Milan as I was 8 at the most and wouldn’t have appreciated anything back then. 

Barcelona is maybe the only comparison.

Man Utd’s treble team were very good, won a lot, but didn’t have the dominance that this City team has. The impressive thing was the competitiveness across the board - however, they won the title by a point, amassing only 79 points overall. Similarly Arsenal invincibles, they drew a lot and didn’t dominate games. Not the same level.

I understand that winning things is the marker and doing it with a note (“treble”, “unbeaten”) makes it stand out. However, there’s not been a better domestic side that I’ve seen. I guess the test is if they can keep it going.

agree with that, utd may have won the treble and had a very good squad but i dont remember them playing mind blowing football, dont really remember any fergie team being incredible on the eye, they were brilliantly effective

arsenal are the best english team ive seen, could watch them all day, bergkamp is my favorite non villa PL player, henry was henry, pires and ljungberg were almost as good as young and downing...

ajax team was great but i dont know if that was because of my age and getting in to european football for the first time, cant really remember milan, pep's barca is still the best I've seen, never get the credit for the work they did off the ball, big part of the possession stuff wasnt just the successful passing percentages, it was how quickly they pressed and got the ball back when they lost it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Man Utd’s treble team were very good, won a lot, but didn’t have the dominance that this City team has. The impressive thing was the competitiveness across the board - however, they won the title by a point, amassing only 79 points overall. Similarly Arsenal invincibles, they drew a lot and didn’t dominate games. Not the same level.

such dominance that this City team have won a total of zero trophies so far

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

5 immediately off the top of my head

Barcelona dream team

Man United 98/99

Arsenal Invincibles

Ajax 94/95

Milan 93/94 

I'm not sure not being as good to watch as 5 of the greatest club sides of all time is too much to worry about.

• Like 1

Its the best football I have seen in my life time by an English side whether they are the best team we'll have to wait and see. Will have to win the champions league to eclipse the United and Liverpool ones.  The Ajax one of the early 70s was something else. 

Edited by PaulC

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Reminds me of Kevin Keegans Newcastle. Easy on the eye, shit defemce and a mentally weak manager that can lose the plot quite easily

They are nothing like Keegans team. they have conceded the equal fewest goals in the league yet scored the most. 

• Like 1

Â