Manchester United

BOF

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Reminds me of Kevin Keegans Newcastle. Easy on the eye, shit defemce and a mentally weak manager that can lose the plot quite easily

Conceded 11 in 16 games. Joint best in the division. Terrible defence that!

I've said it before but Pep's style of play means his actual defence doesn't have to be that good. His style is defensive in it's very nature, just not in the traditional way.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

agree with that, utd may have won the treble and had a very good squad but i dont remember them playing mind blowing football, dont really remember any fergie team being incredible on the eye, they were brilliantly effective

arsenal are the best english team ive seen, could watch them all day, bergkamp is my favorite non villa PL player, henry was henry, pires and ljungberg were almost as good as young and downing...

ajax team was great but i dont know if that was because of my age and getting in to european football for the first time, cant really remember milan, pep's barca is still the best I've seen, never get the credit for the work they did off the ball, big part of the possession stuff wasnt just the successful passing percentages, it was how quickly they pressed and got the ball back when they lost it

It depends on what Arsenal team you're talking about.

I really liked the team Arsenal had in in 1998....Vieria, Petit, Adams, Seaman, Bergkamp, Overmars etc.

The invincibles were of course a brilliant team and any team that can go a league season unbeaten deserves massive respect and its own place in history but like you I loved watching Bergkamp and I don't think he was that influential at Arsenal by the time that team came around. He was more influential in 2002 (that goal at Newcastle) and also 1998 of course.

2003-04 Arsenal was just about Henry in those times. Not sure in many other positions how well Arsenal would stack up...was Lehmann better than Seaman, Gilberto better than Petit etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Its the best football I have seen in my life time by an English side whether they are the best team we'll have to wait and see. Will have to win the champions league to eclipse the United and Liverpool ones.  The Ajax one of the early 70s was something else. 

Rodgers....sorry Suarez Liverpool season must push them close? ;):D

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Because they'll probably lose away to Leicester with that level like they did at Huddersfield.

United also played essentially a full 2nd string squad against Bournemouth. That wasn't even close to their regular XI. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

United also played essentially a full 2nd string squad against Bournemouth. That wasn't even close to their regular XI. 

Well that's a lie.

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Matic, Lukaku all first choice this season.  Then Shaw/Young, Martial/Rashford and Mata/Lingard providing another of the 3 positions as first team options.

Smalling and McTominay were the only none regulars - and I'm not sure you'd say Smalling was "2nd string".

Â