Manchester United

BOF

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

what is his **** problem with Luke Shaw?

Did you see Jason Dodd's comments on Shaw? He coached him at Southampton. No surprise Shaw is not having much fun under Mourinho...

4GHodlTF1gIjV0pdgKyesYDl4EC3SqmyAvb3Jy54

Jose has realised he has a hell of a challenge on now to usurp Man City.

Like all bullies, he is an absolute coward and is doing anything and everything to cover his own arse, protect his own reputation and force his sacking.

He is absolute piece of shit. I have more respect for Tactics Tim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Jose has realised he has a hell of a challenge on now to usurp Man City.

Like all bullies, he is an absolute coward and is doing anything and everything to cover his own arse, protect his own reputation and force his sacking.

He is absolute piece of shit. I have more respect for Tactics Tim.

Yep the part in bold sums him up. He has spent stupid money and yet failed to put up any form a challenge to city 

I don't get why they gave Jose a contract extension when they did.  It's not as if Utd were anywhere close to City or playing particularly great football at the time and there was plenty of time on his deal.  Then again I don't know why they went for him in the first place.

I like Mourinho.

While I don't think he is as good as he touts himself to be, he is definitely one of few who can challenge Pep's city.

I thought his speech on 'football heritage' was quite apt and concise.

As a semi-pro, I've been told I'm not quite good enough in one way or another multiple times, I don't think it's bullying.

Perhaps I'm out of the loop in regards to Shaw, but I don't see it. It's not pleasant by any means though.

• Like 1

He always seems to have a player that he has a problem with.

Casillas at Madrid, Mata at Chelsea (even though he seems fine with him now) and now Shaw.

I wonder if it's deliberate. Almost sacrificing one player to assert his authority?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He always seems to have a player that he has a problem with.

Casillas at Madrid, Mata at Chelsea (even though he seems fine with him now) and now Shaw.

I wonder if it's deliberate. Almost sacrificing one player to assert his authority?

It's interesting that Ashley Young has said Luke Shaw needs to get his head down and work hard.  There's obviously some sort of training issue with the lad.

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's interesting that Ashley Young has said Luke Shaw needs to get his head down and work hard.  There's obviously some sort of training issue with the lad.

Yep they mentioned on the football ramble that a previous manager or coach of Shaw (I forget who) said the same thing. That he really needs to be pushed and stayed on top of to get the best out of him. 

But still, Jose’s approach is a whole other level. 

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep they mentioned on the football ramble that a previous manager or coach of Shaw (I forget who) said the same thing. That he really needs to be pushed and stayed on top of to get the best out of him. 

Yep, Jason Dodd I believe it was who was being quoted. 

It sounds like Shaw is a bit of a frustrating player for coaches to manage.

But as you and others say, while he may have a point in his criticism of Shaw, it gets lost amongst it all because of the way Mourinho acts. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Jose has only one way to man manage players. And it's his way or the highway. 

You pay a world class fee, you pay world class wages, you tell the world hes about to be world class in order to justify it...throw him under the bus when he falls short 

Luke shaw imo is a deep english football problem with then the jose bullshit a really sour after taste 

£100k a week at 19 is madness

Shaw does seem to have a bit of a snowflake attitude as LVG and Hodgson have criticised him in the past.

What I don't understand is if Mourinho finds him so intolerable to his demands why does he keep starting him? I saw most of the first half v Brighton and he wasn't even that bad and set up the Lukaku goal.

Seems Mourinho gets a kick out of starting him just to haul him off at half time and then make a big thing about it in the media afterwards.

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shaw does seem to have a bit of a snowflake attitude as LVG and Hodgson have criticised him in the past.

What I don't understand is if Mourinho finds him so intolerable to his demands why does he keep starting him? I saw most of the first half v Brighton and he wasn't even that bad and set up the Lukaku goal.

Seems Mourinho gets a kick out of starting him just to haul him off at half time and then make a big thing about it in the media afterwards.

This is the key point, to be honest, and is the reason I call it bullying. It's fine to say Shaw doesn't train hard enough or has a bad attitude; quite possibly he does. But then stop starting him just to have a go at him afterwards. 

• Like 1

I think if you're being paid £150k a week (or whatever Shaw is on) then its not too much to ask for you to work hard and give 100%. every day in training. 

He isn't saying anything about Shaw that Van Gaal didn't say in 2014, He wouldn't play him because he was too fat & not fit enough to play 90 minutes, Nothing has changed since then. Just another massively overrated english player that had one good season and gave up when he got a big move and realised he wasn't as good as everyone else at his new club.

18 year old kids going for 30 million & getting 100k+ per week kills any incentive for them to actually do anything bar the odd few who have that extra bit of drive and want a proper career.

If you were a multi-millionaire by the time you are 20 would you really have any reason/desire to slog your guts out when you're guaranteed 5 million per year for the next 5 years for simply being there

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

He isn't saying anything about Shaw that Van Gaal didn't say in 2014, He wouldn't play him because he was too fat & not fit enough to play 90 minutes, Nothing has changed since then. Just another massively overrated english player that had one good season and gave up when he got a big move and realised he wasn't as good as everyone else at his new club.

18 year old kids going for 30 million & getting 100k+ per week kills any incentive for them to actually do anything bar the odd few who have that extra bit of drive and want a proper career.

If you were a multi-millionaire by the time you are 20 would you really have any reason/desire to slog your guts out when you're guaranteed 5 million per year for the next 5 years for simply being there

“Slog your guts out” basically means training for 2-3 hours a day and then playing a 90 minute game of football 1-2 times a week.

Not a dig at you, just the bonkers world they’re in. Even the Jimmy Milners of the football world don’t have to do that much. 

• Like 2

Â