Manchester United

BOF

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apart from being a lot higher in the league, going further in the Champions league and winning a selection of trophies they’ve not improved much :lol: 

They’ve been better, I think you’ll see I noted that in my initial post. My view is that this team is not significantly better than LVG left especially considering the money spent.

I think for the investment that they’ve had, they could realistically have expected to mount a title challenge and not be knocked out by Seville in the Champions League.

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They’ve been better, I think you’ll see I noted that in my initial post. My view is that this team is not significantly better than LVG left especially considering the money spent.

I think for the investment that they’ve had, they could realistically have expected to mount a title challenge and not be knocked out by Seville in the Champions League.

That is something different to improving since LvG. They were shite under him, and now they are pretty good, won some stuff and second to a record breaking City side. Football isn’t very exciting to watch but they’ve improved a lot since LvG era.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I reckon they (mainly Mourinho) will implode this season...

It's very odd, maybe they are agitating him on purpose so he walks or something, but I don't really see how that helps the club overall.  I hope he fails miserably and **** off from English football for good anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Martial. I don't know what he is supposed to be good at.

I think there's a good player there but clearly needs to move somewhere else.  His confidence must be shot and not going to develop in a Mourinho team.  Cheeky loan bid?

• Like 1

i agree with that, would add that he (or the club) seem to have a scattergun approach to transfers which really isnt working, sign big name players who are available with no real purpose or knowledge on how they will fit in to what he is trying to do, sanchez being the prime example, they haven't got a clue what to do with him but he put a massive tick in the "we're still a big club competing" box

he's spent the best part of £450m on that squad, pep has spent £540m, they do not look £90m apart, it looks like utd would have to spend that £450m again to get to where city are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i agree with that, would add that he (or the club) seem to have a scattergun approach to transfers which really isnt working, sign big name players who are available with no real purpose or knowledge on how they will fit in to what he is trying to do, sanchez being the prime example, they haven't got a clue what to do with him but he put a massive tick in the "we're still a big club competing" box

he's spent the best part of £450m on that squad, pep has spent £540m, they do not look £90m apart, it looks like utd would have to spend that £450m again to get to where city are

I completely agree with this. It really doesn't look like they purchase players with any particular plan in mind at all. 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont think Sanchez or Pogba are Mourinho signings. He wanted Peresic and got Sanchez and Pogba is the complete non Mourinho player. Think they were marketing signings by the board or whoever is running the club.

Fergie wouldnt have put up with any of this bullshit

Â