VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They showed a damning section in the analysis yesterday post-game which showed the spurs back line and goalkeeper allow pretty much every single Arsenal player to get goal side of them on a corner…this happened frequently throughout the game. Their GK really needs to work on claiming the ball more at corners as it’s a big weakness and clearly being targeted by physically imposing teams like Arsenal 

Have a look who their defensive set piece coach is 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Have a look who their defensive set piece coach is 🤣

I saw him getting some stick on Reddit, beard and all.

7 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I see a lot of Spurs fans/pundits trying to convince themselves and others that they were 'unlucky' and that they 'won' on most stats(!) vs Arsenal but how long will the faith in Angeball last if they can't fix the obvious deficiencies? Namely: their weakness at defending set pieces and how vulnerable their high line makes them to counter attacks (asking Van de Ven to bail you out multiple times every game seems unsustainable). Also, claiming you won on possession/shots/open play xg etc. isn't that valid when the opponent is happy to play mostly on the counter or look for set piece opportunities (as Arsenal were yesterday). 

Somehow Angebal is better at defending set pieces than Emery ball https://trigger-the-press.com/premier-league-set-pieces-67593/

They really are utter oddballs.  Will never forget their ridiculous reaction to losing to us this season.

Not that Arsenal fans were any better though when we beat them at VP.  Strange part of the world.

I see a lot of Spurs fans not happy with Maddison at the moment.  He's done his usual start the season well, gets injured, and then ghosts the rest of the season as his team gets relegated/loses CL football.  They want him dropped for Thursday, so hopefully he starts 🤣

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I see a lot of Spurs fans not happy with Maddison at the moment.  He's done his usual start the season well, gets injured, and then ghosts the rest of the season as his team gets relegated/loses CL football.  They want him dropped for Thursday, so hopefully he starts 🤣

He's always struck me as a confidence player. A few games per season he looks an absolutely world beater, then for 10 games you barely know he's on the pitch (except for when he's crying at referees) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

Very bad news for Villa today as Timo Werner has been ruled out for the rest of the season. In better news so has Ben Davies, meaning Spurs are beyond bare bones at leftback.

Matty Cash must answer for his crimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

Very bad news for Villa today as Timo Werner has been ruled out for the rest of the season. In better news so has Ben Davies, meaning Spurs are beyond bare bones at leftback.

I remember not so long ago that we lacked ambition signing Morgan Rogers while Spurs would power ahead with Werner

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BOF said:

I laugh and laugh, but you know, it’s actually kind of true.  

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 07:12, duke313 said:

I don’t want to be suggesting violence, but in a perfect karmically aligned universe, isn’t he owed something?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â