VillaGoMarching

Be interested the comings and goings in the summer.

Bissouma is one of those flatter to deceive players I think. Was decent up to xmas but when it came to the crunch part of the season he went completely AWOL in the big games.

Talk they'll flog Richarlison to a Saudi team.

I also wonder about Son. 32 in July and just 5 goals since he came back from the Asia Cup but Spurs make so much money from his profile in Asia and fans coming over to watch him you get the feeling Levy won't want to sell him.

No good Ange giving it the big one on change of mentality if all they sell in the summer is Sessegnon, Bryan Gil and Ben Davies.

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Totally disagree with you. Who knows what would have happen if they had different owner? They might have ended up like us, relegated, or Everton, on the brink of administration.

Ifs and buts but think Doug Ellis won more trophies as chairman than Levy

Just now, Zatman said:

Why not? They had a chance at top 4 and fans bailed on them

Loyalty goes both ways

Because it’s a PR disaster. 

his feelings should of stayed within the club. Not open to the public. 

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because it’s a PR disaster. 

his feelings should of stayed within the club. Not open to the public. 

If for some bizarre reason we were in same position I would back Unai up 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If for some bizarre reason we were in same position I would back Unai up 

I would too, but tbf Unai is an absolute gent. He wouldn’t  lash out in the same way. He’d probably expresse disappointment, rather than anger like ange did

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not true is it though, both Mourinho and Conte have better win records than Postecoglu. Spurs have pretty much scored a similar amount of goals in last 5 seasons so not sure the entertainment except have conceded more

Again, win records for such short spells are quite meaningless. It's like comparing Bruce in the Championship to Deano. On paper the numbers are similar but to anyone with eyes they're miles apart. You could tolerate that kind of football if you're winning something (or in our case getting promoted), but if you're not it quickly becomes untenable with the fans, and rightly so imo.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Again, win records for such short spells are quite meaningless. It's like comparing Bruce in the Championship to Deano. On paper the numbers are similar but to anyone with eyes they're miles apart. You could tolerate that kind of football if you're winning something (or in our case getting promoted), but if you're not it quickly becomes untenable with the fans, and rightly so imo.

All were in Premier League and both managed more games than Postecoglu. Both are way more successful Spurs managers as well than Ange

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why not? They had a chance at top 4 and fans bailed on them

Loyalty goes both ways

They didn't have a *very* good chance of 4th though did they? They were playing Man City, had to win, and even if they did they wouldn't get 4th if we could get a draw at Palace. Not surprising some fans didn't see that sequence of events as worth gifting Arsenal a title for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

All were in Premier League and both managed more games than Postecoglu. Both are way more successful Spurs managers as well than Ange

"Way more successful"

None of them won anything, your favourite metric.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They didn't have a *very* good chance of 4th though did they? They were playing Man City, had to win, and even if they did they wouldn't get 4th if we could get a draw at Palace. Not surprising some fans didn't see that sequence of events as worth gifting Arsenal a title for.

If you believe some Villa fans, Crystal Palace would have wiped the floor with us 😉

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

"Way more successful"

None of them won anything, your favourite metric.

While that is true but one got sacked after getting to a cup final and another was sacked after having a rightful pop at the clubs ambition

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

From when they beat us, it was in their hands for sure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

From when they beat us, it was in their hands for sure. 

For sure. But it wasn't in their hands when they played Man City, and as I've said before, the fault for them drifting out of contention belongs to the manager and the players, not the fans. The fans didn't make them lose 5 from 6. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

They could technically get pipped to 5th place by Chelsea. Coming 3rd in a two horse race.

Luckily for them they are playing one of the worst teams in Premier League history. A team albeit who somehow got a point at VP despite shipping over 100 goals this season. (How I'll never know)

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

While that is true but one got sacked after getting to a cup final and another was sacked after having a rightful pop at the clubs ambition

Levy sacking Jose a week before the cup final and putting Ryan Mason in charge is one of the stupidest decisions I’ve ever seen (up there with several sha decisions).

So desperate for a trophy but Levy’s ego is so big he sacked (and paid off) the best chance they’ve had for decades.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Luckily for them they are playing one of the worst teams in Premier League history. A team albeit who somehow got a point at VP despite shipping over 100 goals this season. (How I'll never know)

Partly because we had a perfectly good goal disallowed

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Probably something to do with the 2 clear penalties we was denied, the most clear handball you'll ever see, and the perfectly good goal disallowed.

However, this had absolutely nothing to do with the potential of little old Aston Villa going top of the Premier League at peak international viewing and merchandise sales time.

It's a nothing game, Spurs will walk it 4:0, which is good for us; their squad isn;t good enough to run 2 competitions.

Edited by pas5898
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

He wasn't sacked right after that, he had a week more of awful results where they got knocked out of 2 cups before he got the sack. They were on a downward spiral.

Â