VillaGoMarching

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He seems pissed off, I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked after the season finished 

He has every reason to be frustrated at the fans mentality of wanting a defeat to scupper Arsenal rather than fighting for the chance at 4th. However his abrupt answers just made him look petulant and whenever this has happened before (Conte, Mourinho etc.) they tend to lead to a mid-season sacking.

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be worried about it impacting next season... but I'm not so f00k em! 🤣

image.thumb.png.9585b9b49572f58926ac273863c4b5cc.png

From the BBC after their blistering start to the season (P10 W8 D2)  and they were 5 points clear at the top.  Their form since has been bottom half  (P27 W11 D4 L12) and I wonder if that drop off contributes to the mood.  I doubt Ange will leave and I do think Spurs will back him in the transfer market this summer, but the honeymoon is well and truly over.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bollox to big fat Angie. He's been pouring cold water over finishing 4th for months saying he wasn't bothered and now all of a sudden gives a shit. Said they didn't need set piece coaches, a plan B etc.  Reap what you sow.

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

To me he’s having a go at the fans, not the players. They got no support tonight, it was like a morgue.

Was funny listening on TalkSport, Danny Mills arguing that they had turned up to support the team and as he was saying it you could hear a pin drop. Pretty sure they won a corner to ironic cheers shortly afterwards. A lot of them really didn't want to win, and I do get it, but it does seem like kind of a small-time focus from the perspective of a manager and players. 

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

WOW. No matter what happens, I just cannot imagine Unai giving an interview like that.

Yep. He's a big embarrassing baby.

Been saying for weeks that Ange is a nothing manager. 

He’s basically Pardew. Came in with a feel good factor, let the players off the leash and told them to “go out and play”. But when it starts going wrong he has no plan B and can’t address the slide. 

Those kind of managers ALWAYS do best when they replace a strict disciplinarian like Conte because the players are so happy with the change. But it never ever lasts. 

He’s also now clearly cracking under the pressure. The nice guy act has stopped working 

He won’t be manager by summer ‘25

• Like 2

He's not even a nice guy from the outside looking in. Almost had us fooled because he calls people mate all the time. He seems an arrogant asshole in the same vein as Arteta. Can never answer a question without snark or sarcasm. Get over yourself man. At least Pep has the pedigree to be coy and snarky with the media.

• Like 2

It's taken Ange this long to realise Spurs have a weak mentality?  Did he not do any research before taking the job?

He's becoming more dislikeable by the week and I didn't really like him to start with.  But I don't suppose he cares about that mate. Or finishing 4th. Or much else apparently mate

• Like 1

Can't believe their fans have undermined their own team so much, maybe its just the media seeing it that way but there was empty seats and 5000 tickets on general sale, its just bizarre, unbelievable tbh.

If their fans had backed them, like villa Park did against Liverpool,  who knows what could have happened. I watched the whole match and there wasn't much in it, Spurs had some great chances, if they had equalised or even scored first I'm not sure City could have reacted, they was that close to a really good chance of top 4.

I'm sorry, I'm sure spurs have some great fans but the others have let the club, the players and the manager down, its embarrassing for them, deeply embarrassing.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I said it before: This Spurs team under Ange are flat-track bullies:

• Against sides in the the top 10, Spurs only have a better head-to-head this season against 1 team (Man Utd - 4 points). By comparison, we've got the better of Arsenal (6pts), Chelsea (4 pts), West Ham (4 pts)
  • Only 1 away win against teams in the top 10
  • Almost half of their points have come against the bottom six (29/63)

Also, on Postecoglou: He says too much in press conferences (there's a reason most managers, even the elite ones, don't give much away when speaking publicly) and he is creating a growing list of issues that the fanbase and the media will beat him with if Spurs start poorly next season. I don't think he realizes that the press weren't hanging on his every word at the start of the season just because they think he's a genius: He says way more than other managers do (to his own detriment much of the time) and is great value for a quote.
On this most recent presser: Putting yourself at odds with a sizeable part of your fanbase, even if their behaviour goes against your own ethos, is a really dumb move that will only cause extra friction in periods when things aren't going well.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can't believe their fans have undermined their own team so much, maybe its just the media seeing it that way but there was empty seats and 5000 tickets on general sale, its just bizarre, unbelievable tbh.

If their fans had backed them, like villa Park did against Liverpool,  who knows what could have happened. I watched the whole match and there wasn't much in it, Spurs had some great chances, if they had equalised or even scored first I'm not sure City could have reacted, they was that close to a really good chance of top 4.

I'm sorry, I'm sure spurs have some great fans but the others have let the club, the players and the manager down, its embarrassing for them, deeply embarrassing.  

Romero looked like he was on the same page as the fans with the way he pulled out of that challenge against Foden.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bobzy said:

I imagine they're the first side to do <whatever they did in the first 10 games> and not finish in the top 4.

Us in 98/99?  Undefeated until late November.  Top at Christmas.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Romero looked like he was on the same page as the fans with the way he pulled out of that challenge against Foden.

The great hardman Romero would never do that 😂

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

About the only one he did pull out of, he's such a thug, was always second favourite for the ball when he clattered into Ederson, how he wasn't already on a yellow was hard to understand. 

Bentancur kicked the shit out of the seat when he was brought off, should have been a yellow card for that display tbh. 

I do like Sarr for them , looks a decent player , reckon he could cover for Kamara. Maybe worth a prod with their squad moral at rock bottom,.manager in disarray and their fans more interested in Arsenal. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

About the only one he did pull out of, he's such a thug, was always second favourite for the ball when he clattered into Ederson, how he wasn't already on a yellow was hard to understand. 

Bentancur kicked the shit out of the seat when he was brought off, should have been a yellow card for that display tbh. 

I do like Sarr for them , looks a decent player , reckon he could cover for Kamara. Maybe worth a prod with their squad moral at rock bottom,.manager in disarray and their fans more interested in Arsenal. 

Yeah, agreed on Romero - he's an absolute scumbag!
And Pape Matar Sarr is a very good player. Hell of an engine on him and his passing and interception stats are excellent. I don't think they'd be looking to sell and would probably want four times what they paid for him if they did.

Â