VillaGoMarching

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The thing that matters more IMO is that Spurs have easier fixtures, ending the season with as close to two guaranteed victories as possible. 

Apparently if Man. City make SFs of FA cup the game with Spurs gets cancelled and is very likely to be played in the final midweek so that would complicate things a bit for Spurs (unless Man. City have already wrapped up the league but feels unlikely this time).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Spurs deserved that win tbh, absolutely battered Palace. Will be a very good game next weekend

What game did you watch,  Spurs had possession but to say they battered them isn't a reflection of the game I watched,  Spurs struggled to break down a resolute Palace team who lacked the quality up front to make the break away chances they had stick. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

What game did you watch,  Spurs had possession but to say they battered them isn't a reflection of the game I watched,  Spurs struggled to break down a resolute Palace team who lacked the quality up front to make the break away chances they had stick. 

Hit the post, scored 3, had 6 shots on target vs 1 from Palace, and as you say dominated possession.

We’d be livid if we’d done that and not walked away with all 3 points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Hit the post, scored 3, had 6 shots on target vs 1 from Palace, and as you say dominated possession.

I didnt look at stats , I watched the game.

Just now, tinker said:

I didnt look at stats , I watched the game.

Same, but hard to argue the point without mentioning the stats. What can I say if you think that an obvious battering was in fact an unlucky defeat for Palace?

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Same, but hard to argue the point without mentioning the stats. What can I say if you think that an obvious battering was in fact an unlucky defeat for Palace?

Spurs just didn't look convincing for a large proportion of the game, they don't look like they are in top form and we have nothing to be scared about when playing them. I would say our win away to Luton was a harder fixture and first half we showed some great form that if we can maintain for 90 minutes should get us a win against spurs. 

Definitely hoping the Newcastle away, arsenal Liverpool city quad puts paid to them. Maybe even Chelsea away they'll want to do over a London rival. We have to play four of those still but at least with a gap

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Definitely hoping the Newcastle away, arsenal Liverpool city quad puts paid to them. Maybe even Chelsea away they'll want to do over a London rival. We have to play four of those still but at least with a gap

They’ll get some points out of those games probably, but yeah it’s a tough run of fixtures. If we can beat them next weekend they will be very deflated

23 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Very similar to our game vs them at VP imo. 

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think we have there number. Emery seems to know how to set up to deflate these gung ho tactics. Won't be easy, but a draw at the worst.

Hope so but in our game at WHL they had 3 or 4 absolutely golden chances to score and they spannered all but one of them. That wouldn't happen again so have to be on it. Also I'd say Luton were pretty gung ho second half and had us looking dog shite

Massive game against them coming up. Claret & Blue podcast informed me they finish the season with a probably already relegated Burnley & Sheffield United so we need to keep them at arms length until the very end.

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Massive game against them coming up. Claret & Blue podcast informed me they finish the season with a probably already relegated Burnley & Sheffield United so we need to keep them at arms length until the very end.

They have the death run of Newcastle away, city, pool and arsenal. Have to hope they get zero from any of those games and if we can nick a couple of points it will stand us in great stead. We also have some tough games like west ham away which are a bit of a bogey team for us since coming back up and Wolves who definitely are

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Chelsea to Spurs are what Man. United are to us.

No matter when they play them Spurs usually find a way to lose to Chelsea even though they're comfortably the better team now.

Match earlier in the season was hilarious, Spurs 1-0 up and then they get two sent off and lose Maddison and others to injury. Another defeat like that for them and we'd get 4th comfortably.

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The mad thing is this Matty Cash beef they’re trying to create. You’d think he’d Ben Mee’d half their squad the way they bang on about it

Think they're just annoyed it was Bentancur as he was on the comeback trail. He was supposed to be out for months after but pretty sure he returned in three weeks.

What they're missing is either side of that game Romero was guilty of some terrible challenges, one he got a red for against Chelsea and then in his first game back he lunged in at Calum Wilson and somehow escaped another red so little different to Cash.

He'll get some stick at the weekend but it will just be their fans in the corner so he should be mature enough to keep his cool if he starts.

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think they're just annoyed it was Bentancur as he was on the comeback trail. He was supposed to be out for months after but pretty sure he returned in three weeks.

What they're missing is either side of that game Romero was guilty of some terrible challenges, one he got a red for against Chelsea and then in his first game back he lunged in at Calum Wilson and somehow escaped another red so little different to Cash.

He'll get some stick at the weekend but it will just be their fans in the corner so he should be mature enough to keep his cool if he starts.

I think he will get a stiff one from Romero.

12 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I think he will get a stiff one from Romero.

Fishing!

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Â