VillaGoMarching

I hope Bentancur is looking to lay one on Cash. Tell the ref about it at the start of the game, and as soon as he goes near him go down. Also means if he's focused on that he won't be doing his job.

I'd be in his ear as well, wind him right up.

13 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I hope Bentancur is looking to lay one on Cash. Tell the ref about it at the start of the game, and as soon as he goes near him go down. Also means if he's focused on that he won't be doing his job.

I'd be in his ear as well, wind him right up.

Its Romero who they have been hyping up that will kill Cash

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its Romero who they have been hyping up that will kill Cash

Romero what a frightening hard man.

🤡🤡🤡

On 04/03/2024 at 11:40, VillaChris said:

Think they're just annoyed it was Bentancur as he was on the comeback trail. He was supposed to be out for months after but pretty sure he returned in three weeks.

What they're missing is either side of that game Romero was guilty of some terrible challenges, one he got a red for against Chelsea and then in his first game back he lunged in at Calum Wilson and somehow escaped another red so little different to Cash.

He'll get some stick at the weekend but it will just be their fans in the corner so he should be mature enough to keep his cool if he starts.

Hopefully he loses the plot and get's himself sent off on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Spurs fans not happy with the 6% rise on season ticket prices.

Wasn't some of ours 15% last year

London allowance. 

13 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

They have done away with the pensioner concessions too, which is much worse than the rise.

Yep, that's a shocking one and has gone straight on the FAB agenda for our ticketing meeting - to simply say "no new concessions" for older people is horrific - people who've had season tickets for forty years will still be expecting to pay full (Spurs) price when they're eighty. Spurs don't want them.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, that's a shocking one and has gone straight on the FAB agenda for our ticketing meeting - to simply say "no new concessions" for older people is horrific - people who've had season tickets for forty years will still be expecting to pay full (Spurs) price when they're eighty. Spurs don't want them.

They don't want them cos they can't really sell them anything. They're not gonna spend £100 on matchdays or in the shop.

At the moment Villa have excellent child/pensioner concessions and hopefully long may that continue

• Like 2

On 07/03/2024 at 13:45, OutByEaster? said:

Once they can guarantee a sell out for all games. tourist clubs want minimal season ticket holders (we will head the same way potentially). Increasing the price / removing benefits / removing concessions is another soft ploy to do this. Liverpool added 15k new seats in the last few years but 0 season ticket holders.

Liverpool have the highest spend per person, per game despite only charging £860 for a season ticket. That's because half the ground is full of accountants from the Cotswold's who go to Anfield once a year spending hundreds in merch + hospitality. To get a ticket for a game you need to be member which is another £50 per person.

I'm a season ticket holder at VP. I genuinely rarely spend a single pound at the ground. Those who go to 2 games per year spend more per game (visit the club shop, hospitality, food and drink).

With their awesome stadium, Spurs want a piece of that pie. An elderly fan, who buys his season ticket and nothing else is taking that seat up from a Korean fan kitted out in Son merch!

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

You can see the spurs thing happening in our fanbase too, at Chelsea away in the cup underneath me there was a guy from the far east recording the whole game, not one minute did he put the phone away! so I think as a fanbase it is something we have to bear in mind, particularly those of us with ST’s regarding price increases….

if you give that seat up I’m not 100% convinced it will end up going to someone on the waiting list, my dads old seat that he gave up is now a general sale seat which obviously goes for a lot more per game than the ST average cost

Someone with a ST and required away criteria obviously also sold the person that individual ticket for the Chelsea match too…so I think these fans from overseas can afford to spend a few hundred on merchandise, a few hundred on travel and a ticket etc which your local midlands fan won’t do 

• Like 1

I see Ange was talking about our tiredness and he sensed it. Of course, Villa are competing and striving to win a european competition too. While (FFP rich) Spurs are ONLY going for the willy wonka golden ticket of 4th for Daniel Levy. I would like to see how the great Ange Postecoglou juggles both competitions and the worst injury crisis in the league.

Very disrespectful comments by him TBH. Yet no journalist (to my knowledge) had the courage to pointed out that we have dual competitions to contend with unlike Spuds.

The facts are AP has no experience of being in the Premier League plus Europe. Ask Conte how it went.... Mate!

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I see Ange was talking about our tiredness and he sensed it. Of course, Villa are competing and striving to win a european competition too. While (FFP rich) Spurs are ONLY going for the willy wonka golden ticket of 4th for Daniel Levy. I would like to see how the great Ange Postecoglou juggles both competitions and the worst injury crisis in the league.

Very disrespectful comments by him TBH. Yet no journalist (to my knowledge) had the courage to pointed out that we have dual competitions to contend with unlike Spuds.

The facts are AP has no experience of being in the Premier League plus Europe. Ask Conte how it went.... Mate!

They've already had to navigate a terrible injury crisis in November/December....Maddison and Van De Ven were out for months and they still got a decent number of wins in that period. And Bentancur of course....

I do agree their high tempo high risk play will struggle to be as effective playing three times a week next season unless they get in another 3-4 top tier players so will just be the same problem as Newcastle have faced.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They've already had to navigate a terrible injury crisis in November/December....Maddison and Van De Ven were out for months and they still got a decent number of wins in that period. And Bentancur of course....

I do agree their high tempo high risk play will struggle to be as effective playing three times a week next season unless they get in another 3-4 top tier players so will just be the same problem as Newcastle have faced.

They didn't have europe though. We have had three acls (season enders) and a cluster of our key players out for sustained periods. We have had by far the worst injury crisis in the league. Besides they have been in europe a lot more times recently than us and have built a squad pertaining to this level. They spent more than double than us in the summer too. Yet they have no european competition 🤣

Edited by Villa_Vids

11 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

They didn't have europe though. We have had three acls (season enders) and a cluster of our key players out for sustained periods. We have had by far the worst injury crisis in the league. Besides they have been in europe a lot more times recently than us and have built a squad pertaining to this level. They spent more than double than us in the summer too. Yet they have no european competition 🤣

I think this is overall fair but two major injuries that we had were right at the start of the season and we were able to reinforce accordingly (Lenglet and Zaniolo) in the "easiest" transfer window in which to do business.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think this is overall fair but two major injuries that we had were right at the start of the season and we were able to reinforce accordingly (Lenglet and Zaniolo) in the "easiest" transfer window in which to do business.

I would only say that Mings & Buendia were key players for us last season and both players we brought in on loan have been in & out of the team. It is also fair to say we were weakened by not being able to use the loan market to strengthen other areas of the team, we simply only could try and replace what we lost - which is extremely difficult. Spurs have had clear advantages this season, I am not getting this hero narrative that is emerging from the media about them. 

Ange has not competed with both Europe and the Premier League, so he is making very foolish comments in relation to our fitness imo - he is trying to write narratives when he has very little experience on this front.

Â