VillaGoMarching

Mourinho really has such a miserable, dark view of football I can see why players cant stand him. He is like an emotional vampire sucking the fun out of football.
Its like he firmly believes the way to win is by tricks, cheating, anger and motivation. Talent, tactics and fluid, fun football all seem to pass him by.

Also if the documentary is in anyway factual his team talks generally revolve around telling the team how many points they need to catch another team. He could just send an email for that.

On 16/09/2020 at 21:14, Keyblade said:

This is like 2/3 years too late but I'm still all for it. He should have never left the PL.

Yeah I mean... he only won 4 CL's and 13 trophies in total while living in the sun and becoming filth rich.

Where did it all go wrong for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah I mean... he only won 4 CL's and 13 trophies in total while living in the sun and becoming filth rich.

Where did it all go wrong for him.

I'm just talking about from a neutrals perspective. We missed 7 years of his play in the PL, he's done well for himself though for sure.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It will give the club a big lift. 

agree, that's the main thing, its a big boy move, look at us we're still a top team, the type of signing that woodward makes at utd, in terms of playing squad im not sure he's what they need and reguillon or however you spell his name is a better signing but in terms of morale and not letting this dour Mourinho days are numbered stuff drag them in to nothingness its a good signing

if they stay healthy and somehow manage to shore up the defence without playing awful dull football then they'll be ok this season 

and by ok I mean 5th, maybe flirt with 4th if utd are shit, if all of the top 4 play their stuff this year then spurs wont crack the CL

• Like 1

Bale is a poser move. Papering over the cracks with an eye catching nostalgia transfer.

Bale is still a very good player, on form. But he's lost a little pace and picks up loads of niggling muscle and joint issues, and there's a bit of a suggestion that he's not really all that driven anymore after having won the biggest prizes in the game and earned an incredible amount of money. He's not going to magically make Spurs into a better side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Bale is a poser move. Papering over the cracks with an eye catching nostalgia transfer.

Bale is still a very good player, on form. But he's lost a little pace and picks up loads of niggling muscle and joint issues, and there's a bit of a suggestion that he's not really all that driven anymore after having won the biggest prizes in the game and earned an incredible amount of money. He's not going to magically make Spurs into a better side.

Totally agree, especially with the attacking dementor Mourinho in charge. 

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's not going to magically make Spurs into a better side.

He’s a special player (if he still has it and stays fit) and he showed before that special players are worth a lot of points.

Hazard at Chelsea, Suarez at Liverpool, Kane at Spurs, Vardy at Leicester... they are worth 2 or 3 league places on their own.

Edited by Genie

Watching the All or Nothing series you can see why Mourinho is a good coach, but you can also see why he implodes. He seems to be a decent man manager... until he either doesn't like you or until he's put in a corner, in which case he'll throw you under the bus. And you can see how it could easily fester in a squad until you get to the point where he's poisonous. 

It also kinda feels like he's lost a bit of spark. I don't think the Mourinho of 15 years ago is like this, almost coasting, almost phoning it in. If he hasn't changed, it brings his legacy as a great manager further into question - is it the case that he's actually just a decent man manager and coach who happened to get into a job where he had an unprecedented pot of money and one of the greatest squads ever, and then just did a merry go round of Europe's best teams where chances are he's gonna win a trophy...

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Also the series reveals Eric Dier to be a complete bellend. And Alli is completely thick.

He lost me when he said he couldn't be friends with someone who said bounty was a top 3 chocolate bar

The dark choc one is a contender for number 1 spot 

Alli at least struck me as the kind of guy who most of the team could have a chat to, the level of conversation wont solve world hunger but if you're new to the team and country and he wants to talk about crunchies then he's someone you'd be mates with fairly quick 

Â