VillaGoMarching

34 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Joe Hart now has Blues, Man City and Spurs on his CV...

3 clubs I despise the most...

I couldn’t wish him more failure!

West Ham as well ;) 

• Like 2

On 17/08/2020 at 11:29, VillaChris said:

One of the big euro teams would pay 100 + m for him I reckon.

You had Napoli paying 60m for the Lille striker and he's not quite top level yet.

Barring Lewandowski, he's the best striker in the world. I wouldn't begrudge Levy if he slapped a 200m price tag on him. He's worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Barring Lewandowski, he's the best striker in the world. I wouldn't begrudge Levy if he slapped a 200m price tag on him. He's worth it.

£200m certainly closer to his value than £100m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

£200m certainly closer to his value than £100m

He's also English, and the captain of the national team that were semi-finalists at the most recent world cup. If we think Jack is worth 80-100m, Kane is worth way more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 17:45, Keyblade said:

I dont even think hes better than Aubameyang personally. He scores goals, a lot of goals pretty consistently but ive never watched a Spurs game and thought wow Kane really came through for them there.

If the team plays well he will score. Hes a world class finisher but often in the big occasions he goes missing. That shouldn't be the case for the 2nd best striker in the world 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The All or nothing documentary is out (first 3 episodes) and it’s actually worth watching. Good so far. 

I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it. Will be interesting to see how Dele Alli reacts to be called a rubbish trainer so publicly. 

I also noticed the exchanges between Levy and Poch seemed quite awkward, definitely not the exchanges of people who go on holiday together as Levy claimed. I get the impression Levy enjoys being on camera. 

• Like 1

I thought it was good management 

His form has dipped massively, Jose obviously rates him, you can be lazy in training but you can't be lazy in games, if you're lazy on both I'm going to be on your back 

Day 1 he singled out the guy with the most alarming drop in form at the club, told him why he thought it was and then told every body else too

Also found it really interesting that Jose singled out kane as not having enough of a presence in football in general and needs to grow himself off the field because I completely agree with that too, that's why no one's paying £100m+ for him, even as England captain I think his marketability is really poor 

I can see Jose coming out of this the same way as pep, everyone will love him, just waiting to see who the caveman is who throws all of Jose's tactics and knowledge in the bin and screams "basics" at world class International footballers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so danny rose...

maybe being painted as a bit of a dick for a couple of years now, the depression and not enjoying football stuff, I have a not very fond memory of him with England in the 86th minute as we lose to Iceland requesting tactical advice from roy

I think they threw him under the bus with Milan, he sounds daft but I think the show removed the context, Milan must have had a sniff at some point hence why he asked

but that conversation with jose, he sounded like a spoilt child, didn't get what he wanted so he's off to tell Daniel, not surprised that he overrates himself I think that's part of being a footballer, the comment about making the euros team was daft too (although we do have southgate so who knows...)

he's this years fabian Delph, looks a right tit, maybe its a Yorkshire thing

On 18/08/2020 at 20:09, Keyblade said:

He's also English, and the captain of the national team that were semi-finalists at the most recent world cup. If we think Jack is worth 80-100m, Kane is worth way more.

Lost his pace , other than that he's great .........

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Never had that much to start with , even thsts gone now. My guess is Levy will see it a ditch him by the start of next season . He will then try and buy Ollie for £35m 😁

He never needed it. He could be 40 and still good for 10 goals probably. His game is tailored around maximizing chances from his first touch. He absolutely mastered how to take his first touch away from the defender, and the second touch going straight into the corner. It's like breathing for him. Watch his first goal against us last season. Mings with all his pace and athleticism was dumbstruck. Before he could react, the ball was already in the net.

Off topic, I really wish Keinan Davis could work on that aspect of his game even to half the degree Kane did. He has everything Kane doesn't, except that one crucial part. We wouldn't have had to spend 30m on a striker this summer if he did.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He never needed it. He could be 40 and still good for 10 goals probably. His game is tailored around maximizing chances from his first touch. He absolutely mastered how to take his first touch away from the defender, and the second touch going straight into the corner. It's like breathing for him. Watch his first goal against us last season. Mings with all his pace and athleticism was dumbstruck. Before he could react, the ball was already in the net.

Off topic, I really wish Keinan Davis could work on that aspect of his game even to half the degree Kane did. He has everything Kane doesn't, except that one crucial part. We wouldn't have had to spend 30m on a striker this summer if he did.

We sat to deep for most of last season and strikers like Kane take advantage of us being niave in doing that, Kane is a great player but he's not a complete forward, if you leave space behind you and have a quick defense he will  struggle. His injuries and age have took its toll..... yet he's still the best striker in the premier league, he's just not as good as he was is imo. 

Finishing off all or nothing

Levy has mentioned net spend 3 times in the last 2 episodes 

None of their signings from last season started on Sunday, looks like they've gone down the "1 or 2 quality pieces completes us" route and bought players Jose doesn't really fancy and what they actually needed was depth

Do like how AoN showed off their academy and gave it the big un over kane and Winks but neglected to mention their academy is a leaky sieve, madueke played for PSV this weekend, Griffiths might break through at lyon this year

Â