VillaGoMarching

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Quality signing

He may not have been good enough for either Torino or Burnley but i'm sure he can do a fine job at Spurs.

He’ll be backup keeper. Not the worst player to have in the dressing room tbh. 

• Like 1

I can’t see them being able to splash much cash about in this window. That stadium still needs paying for as it will likely become a dead weight around their neck. There were grand plans to let the NFL use it and to host boxing. There’s no match day revenue coming in, nobody is paying £15 for a pint and 20g of smoked applewood. Unless they sell some of their stars, I’d expect Mourinho won’t have much to get excited about when he opens Levy’s war chest.

43 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I can’t see them being able to splash much cash about in this window. That stadium still needs paying for as it will likely become a dead weight around their neck. There were grand plans to let the NFL use it and to host boxing. There’s no match day revenue coming in, nobody is paying £15 for a pint and 20g of smoked applewood. Unless they sell some of their stars, I’d expect Mourinho won’t have much to get excited about when he opens Levy’s war chest.

I agree, the impact of lose of match day revenue isn’t evenly felt by all clubs, Spurs will be one of the worst affected for the reasons you say plus loss of CL.

Whilst I know what I’m about to say is unrealistic right now, but I’d love for Villa‘s and Spurs’ trajectories to cross again in a few years. Like it used to be when we were better than them. Mostly so we can start lowballing Levy for his best players. That would make me happy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Whilst I know what I’m about to say is unrealistic right now, but I’d love for Villa‘s and Spurs’ trajectories to cross again in a few years. Like it used to be when we were better than them. Mostly so we can start lowballing Levy for his best players. That would make me happy. 

If Kane decides to move on then they will be in major trouble. He must be getting to a point where he wants to win something before his best years are behind him.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

They put Levy in charge and Lerner hires Faulkner... the rest is history. Obviously lots of other factors but goes to show the importance of recruitment at at the senior level of the club. The job Levy has done at Spurs is simply incredible and without rival in my view.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

If Kane decides to move on then they will be in major trouble. He must be getting to a point where he wants to win something before his best years are behind him.

Next summer I think will be key. When you look at the major euro teams then Aguero will be 33 next summer (and talks of going back to Argentina), Real Madrid have Benzema who'll be 34, Ronaldo 36 and Barca will have Suarez at 34. Even Lewandowski is in his 30s now although no need to sell him.

Going to be loads of options for Kane who'll be 28 and could well be top scorer at the euros so think he'll have a Van Persie style dilemma.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

They put Levy in charge and Lerner hires Faulkner... the rest is history. Obviously lots of other factors but goes to show the importance of recruitment at at the senior level of the club. The job Levy has done at Spurs is simply incredible and without rival in my view.

Summer 2010 was a crucial point. At the time they were only marginally ahead of us but had a very decent squad. Ours was ageing and our only signing was Ireland for Milner. And then we lost MON. Spurs signed Van Der Vaart.

I do think they'll drop a bit over next few years, can certainly see them being in 7th-10th range.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Kane will have the problem that no one can buy him, levy will slap North of £100m on him

Only way he leaves spurs is on a free

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Summer 2010 was a crucial point. At the time they were only marginally ahead of us but had a very decent squad. Ours was ageing and our only signing was Ireland for Milner. And then we lost MON. Spurs signed Van Der Vaart.

I do think they'll drop a bit over next few years, can certainly see them being in 7th-10th range.

Summer 2009 was the crucial one, we should have replaced O’Neill rather than back him as I advocated at the time. I’m convinced Levy would have done so....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Summer 2009 was the crucial one, we should have replaced O’Neill rather than back him as I advocated at the time. I’m convinced Levy would have done so....

Yeah he did similar with Redknapp in 2012. Didn't get them CL (even though they finished 4th) so let him go although in the short run they went backwards under Vilas-Boas.

Getting Pochettino in 2014 was one of the best managerial moves by a premier league club in last 20 years imo even if he didn't win anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kane will have the problem that no one can buy him, levy will slap North of £100m on him

I think there would be several takers if Spurs let it be known he’s available for £100m

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One of the big euro teams would pay 100 + m for him I reckon.

You had Napoli paying 60m for the Lille striker and he's not quite top level yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

You had Napoli paying 60m for the Lille striker and he's not quite top level yet.

188 goals in 287 games is top drawer stuff.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's what I mean though, if his value is £100m levy will want £200m... He will be priced out of a move 

Same with neymar and mbappe when they're linked to real Madrid every summer, if psg don't want to sell then they aren't leaving

I think there are going to be a growing number of invaluable players in football and kane for spurs will be on that list

Â