VillaGoMarching

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Article in the mirror claims otherwise, where they got Madrid people saying he's carrying a knee injury. 

I assume Spurs will do a pretty rigorous medical before they push the button.

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Feels like it was more of a move by Levy than Mourinho in getting him back. Be interesting to see what happens. The media seem to be hyping it up as the second coming of Christ though.

Jose was saying he tried to sign him for Madrid whilst he was there and then the owner bought him just after he left.

It’s an eye watering loan fee but I guess the thinking is if he helps them get top 4 they can then buy him properly. If he gets anywhere near top form they have a top 3 to match anyone in the league. Actually excited to have him back. Obviously he’s been on his hols for a while but an outstanding player on his day. Whether he can get back to that I don’t know. Along with Thiago the PL is looking very exciting this year. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It’s an eye watering loan fee but I guess the thinking is if he helps them get top 4 they can then buy him properly. If he gets anywhere near top form they have a top 3 to match anyone in the league. Actually excited to have him back. Obviously he’s been on his hols for a while but an outstanding player on his day. Whether he can get back to that I don’t know. Along with Thiago the PL is looking very exciting this year. 

It’s only £9m total including wages isn’t it? That’s a bargain if true. They’ll easy get that back in shirts, merchandise and promo work.

Edited by Genie

Someone on here said £18m for spurs in wages and fee and Madrid still paying him £15m this year

£9m for a year gets a lot of suitors IMO, the deal as it is realistically is one of two outs he's had in 3 windows, the other being the Chinese club so I can't imagine it's crazy good for spurs (or Madrid...) 

Edited by villa4europe

Kinda looks like fothering to me. The whole whing looks like it's built on sand and soon it will all collapse, taking their best players and leaving them with a millstone of a stadium. 

Bring it on! 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Someone on here said £18m for spurs in wages and fee and Madrid still paying him £15m this year

£9m for a year gets a lot of suitors IMO, the deal as it is realistically is one of two outs he's had in 3 windows, the other being the Chinese club so I can't imagine it's crazy good for spurs (or Madrid...) 

The telegraph say £9m

The Sun say £12m

The mirror say £20m

I think the fee is so low because Bale has said it’s Spurs or I stay stinking the place out and Real Madrid had little leverage to negotiate.

Even £20m is good business, they’ll recover a huge amount from other revenue streams.

Please let this be true :D 

Tottenham want £30million Man Utd forward Jesse Lingard to revive his career

EXCLUSIVE: Lingard is out-of-favour at United now but Jose Mourinho believes that he will be able to get the best out of him at Spurs

Tottenham want to sign Jesse Lingard in a £30m deal and rescue him from his Manchester United nightmare.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho is keen to be reunited with Lingard and believes he can revive his flagging career.

Lingard's future at Old Trafford looks bleak, with the England midfielder finding himself frozen out under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-man-utd-transfer-lingard-22710943

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Dele Alli not even in the squad for Spurs, guess he's this years recipient of that "special" kind of tough love from Mourinho

Tbf he’s been nowhere near where he should be for a long time. He needs to a little stint out of the squad to hopefully give him a wake up call.

Â