VillaGoMarching

On 22/06/2020 at 23:53, VillaChris said:

Seen Kane in a few games before the injury and he seems to be dropping much deeper. Will still score goals but I'd be amazed if he's still at Spurs in 12 months.

Bar them having a fantastic end of season they're not going to be in champions league next season and they'll need some money from all they've lost from cancelled events from the new stadium so just seems an obvious sale to me seeing as he's 27 and is likely to win less medals than Shearer if he stays there.

Probably will be talk of Manchester clubs but my outsider would be Juventus if Pochettino ends up there with Ronaldo 35 now.

I am not sure if Kane will be suited to playing abroad. The Ian Rush quote of the trouble with Italy is that they all speak Italian springs to mind.

Edited by The Fun Factory

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Think they'll do ok next season.

Mourinho usually does well in his 2nd season

3rd season is when things will start to fall apart.

Key for them is the defence. 

Alderweireld is 31 now. Been a fantastic defender for them but getting on. Vertonghen will obviously leave this summer. I don't rate Dier at all. I'm not sure on Davinson Sanchez or Juan foyth so a centre back is definitely needed in my opinion. Aurier is ok going forward but defensively against the better sides suspect. I like Davies at left back but Sessegnon hasn't made any kind of impact at all. Cover and first team options needed right across that back line if you ask me.

If he sorts that out, I think they could challenge top 4 again with a few 1-0/2-0 wins through the season.

Edited by Mjvilla

• 2 weeks later...

Except the shit decision its looking like Levy is looking quite stupid swapping Poch for Jose 

They have pretty much went sideways and Mourinho has no fire though I admire his insistence on playing Dier every game 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Mourinho's worst second season is finishing 2nd with Man Utd.

Will be far lower than that with Dier-Sanchez as CB combination.

I actually wonder if they might go for someone like Mings. Belgian two seem to be finished and the ones that started last night obviously aren't the answer.

They won't attract a top quality one like Koulibaly so can see them going for a Mings or Ake.

4 months late but Eric Dier has been suspended for 4 games after running up into the stands and fighting with fans.

How is it possible it has taken this long :D 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They really don’t look arsed at all here against Bournemouth. Amazingly they haven’t won since Feb (of course that came against us). 

It's not like Bournemouth ha ve had 10 men behind the ball all game, spurs are just shite

0 shots on target v Bournemouth.

I honestly think if he stays and they have as lax transfer window as I think given the stadium can't give them income he'll have them nearly in bottom half when he inevitably gets sacked in November/December.

Took over in middle of November when they were 12th (still just 3 points off 5th) and 22 games later they are 9th and 9 points off 5th. Hopefully they'll finish bottom half.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

0 shots on target v Bournemouth.

I honestly think if he stays and they have as lax transfer window as I think given the stadium can't give them income he'll have them nearly in bottom half when he inevitably gets sacked in November/December.

Took over in middle of November when they were 12th (still just 3 points off 5th) and 22 games later they are 9th and 9 points off 5th. Hopefully they'll finish bottom half.

Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man U have far better squads than them. i dont see them challenging for the top 4 for a very long time 

• Like 1

17 points out of 24 since lockdown ended for dinosaur Mourinho

3rd best team in the league since Jose was appointed.

Â