VillaGoMarching

We paid 24m for Bent.

Who kept us up, we would ahve gone down had we not signed bent

Exactly

Soldado better secure them CL football or he will prove to be a waste of money

Edited by AshVilla

I can't believe they'd allow themselves to go into the season; or certainly beyond the transfer window; without a significant striker coming in. Assuming they keep Bale (I still think all the articles are crap based on the one eroneous Marca article) it just remains to be seen how the establishment above them cope. Unfortunately for Spurs, the club currently closest to them, Arsenal, are the one club above them not to have some kind of re-shuffle this close-season. Having said that, they were good enough for most of last season to be above Arsenal so they're not a million miles away already.

It says on the BBC site today though that monkey-features IS interested in a move to Real (no, really?!)  Karma, she really is an utter, utter bitch!

• Like 2

* Similar to the old conundrum where the quiz master tells you of the three closed doors arranged in front of you behind one is a Ferrari and behind the other two a goat. He asks you to chose a door, you do so, and he promptly opens one of the other doors to reveal a goat. Now there are two doors left, and he asks if you want to stick with your decision or chose the other door. What should you do?

Answer: Always switch, only by switching to you turn a 33.33% chance of winning the Ferrari into a 50% chance. Most people can't see the difference and think that whatever you do it's a 50% chance and so often they'll stick to their original choice!

Sorry for the belated pedantry here, but in this conundrum you turn your chance of winning the Ferrari into a 66.67% chance by switching, not a 50% chance (obviously the probabilities have to add up to 1). You should also have stated that it is agreed in advance that the quiz master will open one of the other doors to reveal a goat after your initial choice, and then give you the chance to "stick or switch", otherwise the situation is not clear.

It's a nice example though. Perhaps anyone who is going to make decisions on transfer dealings should be tested with this problem. You need someone who can at least answer it correctly if you're hoping to bring in the football equivalents of Ferraris rather than a bunch of goats. 

Yes you're right!

seen some spurs fans now giving out some media claims that madrid are offering them coentrao instead of the rest of the modric cash which has lead them to suggest madrid have no cash

who'd be a journalist?

Some Spurs fans are going to need counselling after this summers window.

30 mill for a player who will have very little resale value

Makes no sense

We paid 24m for Bent.

We paid £18 million as I guess that very little of the add ons were paid. Also Bent was 2 years younger with years of Premier League experience.

Limited edition FIFA 14 covers coming soon... first and last appearance of Bale in a Tottenham shirt this season ;)

Aside from this gigantic one in Times Square (NBC's going to be so peeved if he goes to Real!):

article-2359033-1ABC8FC1000005DC-12_634x

For that reason alone I hope he goes.   I know money makes the world go round, but when sponsors get to call the shots about who goes where then it will be a sad day indeed. 

that goes the other way too though, no doubt adidas will be pleased if he goes to madrid (maybe even contribute a bit or increase his deal?) madrid's "global partners" will probably be very interested in how marketable he is too

spurs might live to regret that they've really pushed him this year, makes the huge fee a bit more justifiable

Yeah, I guess I should clarify my point a bit.   It's that people seem to be worried about what sponsors might think.  Over the past few days I have seen people saying "oh, NBC will be pissed off about this because of some big poster in New York City they paid for" at least half a dozen times over a couple of forums.  I think it has been mentioned twice in this very thread.    It is certainly an irrational thing to be annoyed about on my part but for some reason it does annoy me. Maybe it's because I like to pretend to myself that football is still a sport. 

Yeah, I guess I should clarify my point a bit.   It's that people seem to be worried about what sponsors might think.  Over the past few days I have seen people saying "oh, NBC will be pissed off about this because of some big poster in New York City they paid for" at least half a dozen times over a couple of forums.  I think it has been mentioned twice in this very thread.    It is certainly an irrational thing to be annoyed about on my part but for some reason it does annoy me. Maybe it's because I like to pretend to myself that football is still a sport. 

The "Things that piss you off that shouldn't" thread is this way

;)

Limited edition FIFA 14 covers coming soon... first and last appearance of Bale in a Tottenham shirt this season ;)

Aside from this gigantic one in Times Square (NBC's going to be so peeved if he goes to Real!):

article-2359033-1ABC8FC1000005DC-12_634x

I imagine NBC will be okay about it, they can change the poster. I think HP would be a bit more annoyed

• Like 1

It says on the BBC site today though that monkey-features IS interested in a move to Real (no, really?!)  Karma, she really is an utter, utter bitch!

and the bs about levy being such a savvy operator being exposed for me
  • Like 3

Â