VillaGoMarching

I think Spurs would be stupid to not take 100 mil for Bale. He is clearly one of the best players in the world at the moment and they aren't going to replace him but with the squad they currently have investing that money into 3 top talents would definitely be better for their team.

Obviously the players the get may not come off but when you are still at a stage where you a pushing for Champions league spot with a strong first 11 but lacking in depth I think its just too good an offer to turn down.

I know that 90% of paper talk is horseshit but if this is true, they have to take it. 85 million is stupid money. Have Real managed to sell some land to the government again to get this cash? I cant see Bale at Real for long and they wil probably lose about 50 million on him, but they don't care. They want a new shiny thing to play with. As for spuds they could get about 4 class players and have about 20 million in the bank for this.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I can't believe he is being quoted at £85m... football has well and truly gone mad. 

£50-60m tops

Spurs would be mad not to take it

Edited by villarule123

Part of me wants Bale to go just because Spurs will obviously miss him but the part of me doesn't want to see Spurs get £60 quid.

I just don't like the team; that should be us challenging for 4th spot.

Best case scenario for me is Spurs to reject all offers and keep him which weighs heavily on his mind and he has a mediocre season(he's too good to flop completely)

Part of me wants Bale to go just because Spurs will obviously miss him but the part of me doesn't want to see Spurs get £60 quid.

I just don't like the team; that should be us challenging for 4th spot.

Best case scenario for me is Spurs to reject all offers and keep him which weighs heavily on his mind and he has a mediocre season(he's too good to flop completely)

They couldn't even buy me with that much.

• Like 1

I think the jump in price Spurs are willing to pay for Soldardo is hint that Bale maybe on his way.

But that'sjust buying for the sake of it really, soldardo is good, but €30million?

30 mill for a player who will have very little resale value

Makes no sense

Depends on how much they think he can improve the team.  Manchester United paid £24m for a 29 year old Robin Van Persie, they will get **** all back for him when it is time for him to leave the club but his goals have already contributed to one league title so United will feel it was a worthwhile investment.  

If Spurs think Soldado can reproduce his Valencia form in the Premier League then his goals might be what propels them into the Champions League. If that happens they will get most of the transfer fee back and it is a worthwhile investment.   It might be Spurs are prepared to take a gamble on this one, or of course they could just be spending the money they know they are going to get for Gareth Bale. 

* Similar to the old conundrum where the quiz master tells you of the three closed doors arranged in front of you behind one is a Ferrari and behind the other two a goat. He asks you to chose a door, you do so, and he promptly opens one of the other doors to reveal a goat. Now there are two doors left, and he asks if you want to stick with your decision or chose the other door. What should you do?

Answer: Always switch, only by switching to you turn a 33.33% chance of winning the Ferrari into a 50% chance. Most people can't see the difference and think that whatever you do it's a 50% chance and so often they'll stick to their original choice!

Sorry for the belated pedantry here, but in this conundrum you turn your chance of winning the Ferrari into a 66.67% chance by switching, not a 50% chance (obviously the probabilities have to add up to 1). You should also have stated that it is agreed in advance that the quiz master will open one of the other doors to reveal a goat after your initial choice, and then give you the chance to "stick or switch", otherwise the situation is not clear.

It's a nice example though. Perhaps anyone who is going to make decisions on transfer dealings should be tested with this problem. You need someone who can at least answer it correctly if you're hoping to bring in the football equivalents of Ferraris rather than a bunch of goats. 

Had a quick look over a Spurs forum on my lunch and the abuse/trolling and baiting they are copping from Real fans about the Bale saga is unreal. Glad we haven't experienced anything like that on here!

• Like 1

Getting a bit sick of the media love in for Levy now, you'd think he invented negotiation and never ever f**ked a deal up.

As has been said, £50m ish seems about right, this talk of £85m is just crazy money. If Levy is messing around when a deal like that is on the table then he is an utter mug.

Getting a bit sick of the media love in for Levy now, you'd think he invented negotiation and never ever f**ked a deal up.

Its only about 2 weeks ago when the master negotiator stole Benteke from us.................oh wait

• Like 2

Â