Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

And watching The Water Margin hoping it would be like Monkey. 

They weren't. 

Monkey was daft fun, but I always preferred The Water Margin tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Opera seems to have had some kind of update. Half the time when I scroll down the screen just goes blank and cant do anything without closing and opening a new tab. 

Grrrrr. 

Hope they fix it for you and the other user soon

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hope they fix it for you and the other user soon

I use it because it's the only mobile browser that allows me to zoom Web pages effectively. 

People keep telling me others do but whenever I've tried them they don't. 

Anyway, I like sticking it to the Google man. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I use it because it's the only mobile browser that allows me to zoom Web pages effectively. 

People keep telling me others do but whenever I've tried them they don't. 

Anyway, I like sticking it to the Google man. 

I use Opera on my phone as it is by far the best for browsing in my opinion. On a laptop its chrome without doubt but on my phone, android or ios, its Opera.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Antiques Roadshow for me.

The horrible realisation that school was merely hours away and I still hadn't done that 2,500 word essay that I've had 4 weeks to do. Yet here I am watching a program I don't even like just to avoid facing up to responsibilities.

25 years later and I'm basically the same

Antiques Roadshow is unintentionally brilliant. It’s not about the antique, the story or the valuation, it’s about the reaction to the valuation. 

Trying to pretend to be happy that it’s worth a grand when they clearly thought it would be much more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Masterchef from the Lloyd Grossman era followed by Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat in our household.  Absolutely misery for me.  The only good thing about Sundays was Football Italia.

WHAT a programme.  

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact that you're advised to live responsibly, budget, stay on top of debt etc, but then also to live each day like it's your last 🤔

Usually by different people, though.  Ya gotta choose whether to listen to your parents or your favorite Influencer 😉

On 17/01/2023 at 18:06, Davkaus said:

I've not seen Heartbeat for 20+ years, but I can still recall the theme tune and the overwhelming feeling of dread that the weekend was over

The Professionals when I was a kid , 21:00 Sunday …if my dad was in a good mood he’d let us stay up past bedtime to watch it 

• Like 1

When I Wor A Lad, the BBC frequently broadcast (black & white) adaptations of Charles Dickens novels on Sunday evenings. I'm pretty sure that the associated pre-Monday depression contributed greatly to my detestation of Dickens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Antiques Roadshow is unintentionally brilliant. It’s not about the antique, the story or the valuation, it’s about the reaction to the valuation. 

Trying to pretend to be happy that it’s worth a grand when they clearly thought it would be much more. 

You know it's all set up don't you, an the items worth thousands are brought in to make the show worth watching. 99.9% of the stuff brought there is tatt apparently.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You know it's all set up don't you, an the items worth thousands are brought in to make the show worth watching. 99.9% of the stuff brought there is tatt apparently.

Yep, definitely true. My ex-business partners Aunt was specifically headhunted to take a specific piece of furniture onto the show to be valued. She already knew how much it was worth because it was already valued and insured

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact that you're advised to live responsibly, budget, stay on top of debt etc, but then also to live each day like it's your last 🤔

That YOLO thing is a load of bollocks spread by idiots and the spoilt children of very rich people.

It’s much better to look after your finances and your health and your family, and pick your moments to do the fun stupid stuff.

Â