Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I do love a pikelet where they can be found mind. 

Pikelets remind me of Sunday nights as a kid, watching Bullseye with my Dad! Pikelets followed by a Mr Kipling fondant fancy cake, while watching two lesbians from Uttoxeter trying to complete Bully's prize board. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I'm popping into town this evening, I will be picking up some Warburton's crumpets as per @Stevo985 (unless somebody else has a conflicting opinion), giving this a pop and will report back my findings.

So, turns out I've been eating crumpets wrong all these years.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife calls crumpets pikelets and it’s the thing we are likely to divorce over. I regularly point out the difference yet she still doesn’t take this on board. 

dump-that-zero-and-get-yourself-a-hero-p

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife calls crumpets pikelets and it’s the thing we are likely to divorce over. I regularly point out the difference yet she still doesn’t take this on board. 

Pikelets are the name for the thinner crumpet aren’t they?

These guys 

pikelets.png

the thicker versions are crumpets

• Like 3

Pikelets for me but I’m of the older group , from memory they were called pikelets due to them being speared on a stick and toasted on the open fire , the pike was the stick , hence I want your head on a pike , we used to have this 2 pronged fork we cooked them with , pikelets used to be made by sunblest , sorry lads but  god I’m old 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Pikelets remind me of Sunday nights as a kid, watching Bullseye with my Dad! Pikelets followed by a Mr Kipling fondant fancy cake, while watching two lesbians from Uttoxeter trying to complete Bully's prize board. 

Bloody hell did we grow up in the same house and just never saw each other?

Sunday night was always “left overs” pikelets, cakes and malt bread.

• Haha 1

You're all wrong about pikelets.

Pikelets are what you heathens call Scotch Pancakes

And why is this right and everyone else is wrong? 

Because the derivation of the word is from the Welsh for sticky or dark bread… bara pyglyd

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I'll have you know the 2 lesbians never made it to the final round with the prize board. They always got knocked out after the first round and had to share £80 between themselves.

Â