Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

We're still piggybacking on our daughter's Netflix account - about the only payback we get from her. Hope she doesn't cancel, as we're halfway through Fargo S2, and waiting on the next tranche of Vikings. 

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're still piggybacking on our daughter's Netflix account - about the only payback we get from her. Hope she doesn't cancel, as we're halfway through Fargo S2, and waiting on the next tranche of Vikings. 

Very strong rumour that Netflix are going to increase the price for people watching from one account in multiple homes.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Already have it over here. Not sure what parameters the algorithm is based upon but it tells you which route is the most eco friendly.

isn't that just clicking the walking icon :) 

• Like 1

So Google Maps problems... a current pain in the arse for me is this...

Google maps

waterpark drive.png

That road has been open for weeks and I've reported that its open 5 times now. Still doesn't change and my Google Maps Guide rating is reasonably high

EDIT: as I typed that I recieved an email to say it had been fixed so should be working from tomorrow :D It only took a week

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

So Google Maps problems... a current pain in the arse for me is this...

Google maps

waterpark drive.png

That road has been open for weeks and I've reported that its open 5 times now. Still doesn't change and my Google Maps Guide rating is reasonably high

EDIT: as I typed that I recieved an email to say it had been fixed so should be working from tomorrow :D It only took a week

Google just take roadworks data from the govt data sharing. The contractor should have updated this when they finished.

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

Google just take roadworks data from the govt data sharing. The contractor should have updated this when they finished.

Yes but they don't because they can't be arsed

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but they don't because they can't be arsed

It's a little unfair to blame Google for incompetent contractors that they have no control over.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who'd he steal that bit from? ;) 

Hicks probably. He really struck gold on those short MTV-rants he had back in the 90s

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Hicks probably. He really struck gold on those short MTV-rants he had back in the 90s

Not really seen any of his stand-up but "Rescue Me" is one of my all-time favourite comedy/dramas.

In my top 5 with The Wire and The Shield.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

It's a little unfair to blame Google for incompetent contractors that they have no control over.

Where Google is to blame is taking a week to update the map once the issue had been reported and of course in not recognising my unparalleled expertise in the highway topography of Merseyside so they could fix it sooner (or you know notice that a F***ton of cars were driving through a closed road)

There's also an argument to say that if you use data, it's your responsibility to ensure that that data remains accurate

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tegis said:

"I have a scoop for you. I stole his [Leary's] act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did" - Bill Hicks

• Haha 1

My favourite Hicks comment on Leary relates to a question he got not long before he died. Hicks stopped smoking in his act suddenly, which was strange because his persona was constant fag on the go on stage. An interviewer asked why he'd quit, Bill slyly replied 'To see if Denis would'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/08/2022 at 15:39, mjmooney said:

Took the grandkids out to RHS garden at Harlow Carr. Playgrounds, picnic, lovely. Got back to the car, rear window smashed in. Grrr. 

I've always said RHS members are nothing more than criminals and thugs. 

• Haha 1

On 08/08/2022 at 18:14, Stevo985 said:

Maybe your taxi drivers.

I can absolutely guarantee you that's not why the majority round here are asking.

It's not "which way would you like to go" or "which way is best". I've had that before and it's absolutely fine. A quick "oh straight down the Warwick Road would be great" and that's all they need.

It's "Do you know where that is?" followed by almost turn by turn instructions.

Before sat nav that is. Nowadays it just inevitably leads to "do you have a postcode so I can put it in my sat nav?"

People are just skipping the middle part

Yep, more often than not you tell them where you live and they say just give me the post code. 

Most of them just stick the magnetic taxi strips on at the weekend and do a couple of hours for pocket money. 

Drive down the Stratford Road early Saturday evening and you'll see loads of them sticking the logos on. 

23 hours ago, limpid said:

Google Maps will soon have a "greenest route" option. It'll be interesting to see if that's any good.

What? How does it know which road has the most trees and grass verges?

Â