Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

People that during a mail conversation insist of copying the message so a higher boss also receive it. I would understand it if we needed the boss's input but otherwise it's a little bit -'Look we are mailing each other. We are very busy'.

Classic move.

It's also to say 'I have made this other person aware, now it's their problem.'

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Classic move.

It's also to say 'I have made this other person aware, now it's their problem.'

Its also the classic move of the useless f***ers

"Look at me... working"

The more trivial the content, the more it veers toward a useless word removed that sent it.

or

Its actually used as a bullying tactic too (possibly both at the same time)

• Like 2

My nerdy next door neighbour (IT expert, always at star trek conventions, never kissed a girl - that type) claims to be a Villa fan but last night I saw him taking out the bins wearing a man citeh shirt 😡

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My nerdy next door neighbour (IT expert, always at star trek conventions, never kissed a girl - that type) claims to be a Villa fan but last night I saw him taking out the bins wearing a man citeh shirt 😡

Shit in his bin. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Its also the classic move of the useless f***ers

"Look at me... working"

The more trivial the content, the more it veers toward a useless word removed that sent it.

or

Its actually used as a bullying tactic too (possibly both at the same time)

I have a colleague at the same level as me who won't email me anything without CCing my boss. She genuinely thinks it means her questions get dealt with quicker when it has the opposite impact. My boss and I regularly laugh about it. It's such nonsense behaviour.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So much so that I'm pretty sure it's featured in previous years. 

Indeed, by myself, a few months ago I think :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

People that during a mail conversation insist of copying the message so a higher boss also receive it. I would understand it if we needed the boss's input but otherwise it's a little bit -'Look we are mailing each other. We are very busy'.

I mentioned this on here before. But my x boss, was a nightmare for this. He would have a bo***** off the directors for us not completing a project on time because he couldn't be arsed to tell us when he needed it. Then send us a Email, saying it should have been in 2 weeks ago, so he could prove he sent us the info. Such a poor communicator.

11 hours ago, peterw said:

oh, another one, people - usualy Scots -  calling fish and chips a 'fish supper' - oh fk off.

Offside, that one. A fish supper is a fish supper. It’s certainly not a chippy tea though, no matter what them Lancastrians will tell you. The absolute state of this…

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I mentioned this on here before. But my x boss, was a nightmare for this. He would have a bo***** off the directors for us not completing a project on time because he couldn't be arsed to tell us when he needed it. Then send us a Email, saying it should have been in 2 weeks ago, so he could prove he sent us the info. Such a poor communicator.

HE was a poor communicator? 😧

Holy shit balls!

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

Offside, that one. A fish supper is a fish supper. It’s certainly not a chippy tea though, no matter what them Lancastrians will tell you. The absolute state of this…

Nothing that comes out of Street Helens should ever be considered normal

• Like 1

As they were wearing uniforms, if you could identify the which school they’re from, I’d let the school know. 

Brief description of the lad(s), where it was. There’s a chance, however remote, it will come to something.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Went for a walk with the missus this afternoon. Just before we got back to the car, passed four lads aged about 14-15, school uniforms. One of them took a swig from his Lucozade bottle and chucked it on the pavement. I said: "How about you pick that up and put in a bin, or take it home?" He glared at me, but picked it up. They walked off into the nearby churchyard, and he shouted "How about you **** off?" I ignored it. He then chucked the bottle at us, narrowly missing my wife's head. 

My first instinct was to go and slap him. But I decided there was nothing to be gained from it, besides me being in court for assaulting a minor. I let it go. I assume he thinks he's now a hero in the eyes of his mates. I suspect they know he's a clearing in the woods. 

Pissed me off, though. 

Should have threatened to nut them, they'd have shit their school trousers. 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As they were wearing uniforms, if you could identify the which school they’re from, I’d let the school know. 

Brief description of the lad(s), where it was. There’s a chance, however remote, it will come to something.

Pssst. @Mark Albrighton is a grass. Pass it on. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

By the time I thought of that they were out of sight. 

30 minutes ago, choffer said:

Pssst. @Mark Albrighton is a grass. Pass it on. 

That was me with my sensible head on, being completely removed from the situation and with a moment to think.

Unfortunately I’m not sure the sensible head version of me would have been available for comment if it happened to me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I do this, but only when the person I’m emailing hasn’t responded after a couple of chasers. I think that’s fair. It’s not me saying “look we’re working”, it’s “oi, senior manager, the manager beneath you isn’t responding to something I sent a week ago, then again 3 days ago, so give him/her a kick”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I do this, but only when the person I’m emailing hasn’t responded after a couple of chasers. I think that’s fair. It’s not me saying “look we’re working”, it’s “oi, senior manager, the manager beneath you isn’t responding to something I sent a week ago, then again 3 days ago, so give him/her a kick”

Yeah, I do this but don’t include the original person. I’d email his boss as ask if he’s on holiday as I am getting no response :lol: Cos I’m hilarious like that.

Usually the boss will try and cover for his shit recruit by saying something like he’s not on holiday but very busy with something else but he’ll get it sorted for me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I do it in that situation too. When you don't get any response and have to remind and more or less chase the person. Hate that.

Â