Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I stopped using a certain petrol station (BP on Penns Lane) due to them having a M&S shop and cafe there! Far too many people doing their weekly shops there. 

Agree, that one and the ESSO up by the Yenton, drives me insane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Re the topic, I might have a controversial one.

I hate Parent/Child car parking spots.  I’ve just seen it on tv talking about it.  I don’t have a child but I just park in them if I want.  

Why should I be second in preference because somebody decided to have a child and I didn’t?  

Why do they get parking spots equivalent of being reserved in front of the store when they aren’t being used, taking up more space and it was a personal decision by them which doesn’t relate to what the shop is selling?

If they want to shop and concerned about space, child safety blah blah park further away from the shop where generally there are more empty spaces or just don’t take your kid to the shop if you have that option.

Having a child is personal choice and with that comes limitations that are on you and I shouldn’t be impacted by what your decision is.  It’s not illegal for me to park in those spaces and it pee’s me off that preferential treatment is given so bugger it I just park there if I’m in the mood.

You wanna visit Perry Barr Tesco mate by the Villa. Lets just say there must be a serious amount of disabled people round that area. You have to park about 100 metres away, as there must be 50+ parking spaces by the entrance, all for disabled??

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Wide spaces. You park close to an suv with a baby seat in the back. Prepare for the idiot tax. Kids are words removed and do not give a **** about your BMW. That suv door will be hitting your bmw when in the hands of a 4 year old. Parent and child are nice but they also protect other drivers. 

That's what it is, they're wider so you can fully open the doors, doesn't matter where they are it's the width that's important

I also park in them after 7pm,shouldnt be out that late with your kids... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You wanna visit Perry Barr Tesco mate by the Villa. Lets just say there must be a serious amount of disabled people round that area. You have to park about 100 metres away, as there must be 50+ parking spaces by the entrance, all for disabled??

Jeez, that’s crazy.

I get disabled, but 50+ is crazy but I do get the disabled thing.  Parent/Child I just don’t get.  My mother is 76, great driver and all good and she and elderly people should get preferential treatment over parent/child.  Parents choose to have kids and generally fit and young, why shouldn’t they walk 30ft extra than my 76 year old mom who while fine to drive does have some health issues but she is treated second preference to generally a 17-50 year old healthy person whose a parent.  My mom could do with more door space to get out of a car just like parent/child but she doesn’t get that treatment, in fact she has to walk 30ft further because of the preferential treatment.

Why should your old mum get preferential treatment?

She’s got all day everyday, she just needs to go when its less busy.

Fed up of it, I’m in a rush and pensioners are driving slow, parking at mad angles, stopping in the entrance doors to check if they’ve remembered their purse. They should have specific hours they’re allowed in.

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

I stopped using a certain petrol station (BP on Penns Lane) due to them having a M&S shop and cafe there! Far too many people doing their weekly shops there. 

The BP up the road from me has an M&S and is susceptible to that.  Bit of useless trivia, it is the garage where Top Gear filmed Stig going through the car wash getting flooded. 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Jeez, that’s crazy.

I get disabled, but 50+ is crazy but I do get the disabled thing.  Parent/Child I just don’t get.  My mother is 76, great driver and all good and she and elderly people should get preferential treatment over parent/child.  Parents choose to have kids and generally fit and young, why shouldn’t they walk 30ft extra than my 76 year old mom who while fine to drive does have some health issues but she is treated second preference to generally a 17-50 year old healthy person whose a parent.  My mom could do with more door space to get out of a car just like parent/child but she doesn’t get that treatment, in fact she has to walk 30ft further because of the preferential treatment.

The reason isn't to do with walking to the shop, its buggies and car seats. They don't need to put them close to the shops they just do because thats where the disabled ones are, they haven't thought about it properly but its probably to with evening up the extra wide parking spaces like the disabled ones

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

Jeez, that’s crazy.

Have you ever considered that maybe their not about the convenience of the parent but about the safety of the young child/children? 

Putting them close to the store (behind the disabled spots) means that they don't have to walk as far through a busy carpark with no pavements trying to avoid people driving way to fast whilst not looking where they are going. 

Also, they do regularly (pre/post pandemic) get used a lot by grandparents when looking after the kids who probably appreciate not having to walk those 30 extra feet whilst trying to negotiate a 15kg unruly toddler. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Have you ever considered that maybe their not about the convenience of the parent but about the safety of the young child/children? 

Putting them close to the store (behind the disabled spots) means that they don't have to walk as far through a busy carpark with no pavements trying to avoid people driving way to fast whilst not looking where they are going. 

Lame excuse.  They should be in control of the children.  If they are then whoever gets hit by the car is going to suffer bad injuries from a car.  If you get hit by a car whether 5, 25, 50 or 75 years old it’s going to do damage to the person plus people have coped for 70 years with normal car parks what’s suddenly changed that people get special treatment.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Also, they do regularly (pre/post pandemic) get used a lot by grandparents when looking after the kids who probably appreciate not having to walk those 30 extra feet whilst trying to negotiate a 15kg unruly toddler. 

But the grandparents can only use it when they have kids with them not when they don’t yet it’s the grandparents that probably need it more, whether with or without kids than parents,

Nah, sorry mate your explanations aren’t sufficient.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Have you ever considered standing as a Conservative MP? 

It’s a blind spot for me, I always presume people are doing some trolling and pretending to be the worst of people.

Then the next thing you know, they’ve been elected as the throbbing member for Royston Vasey.

I was talking to some woman the other day and all of a sudden she went in to this monologue about ‘Boris’ and how he was the best thing that had ever happened to this country. I was smiling like a smiling idiot because I sort of presumed she was being sarcastic… then it slowly dawned on me, she wasn’t.

They are out there.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you ever considered standing as a Conservative MP? 

Haha the only party that wins these days you mean?  Since the war conservatives have been power over the country for 2/3rds of that time and been in power for the last 11 years.  I know you are trying to throw a dig at me but it’s not really a dig if that party keeps winning.

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Fed up of it, I’m in a rush and pensioners are driving slow, parking at mad angles, stopping in the entrance doors to check if they’ve remembered their purse. They should have specific hours they’re allowed in.

I think they do, weekday lunchtimes? :) 

The viking tradition of convincing the elderly to jump off cliffs when they've outlived their usefulness would make my lunchtime shop a lot more convenient, and save the taxpayer a fortune. I'm your candidate for bringing back the danelaw.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think they do, weekday lunchtimes? :) 

The viking tradition of convincing the elderly to jump off cliffs when they've outlived their usefulness would make my lunchtime shop a lot more convenient, and save the taxpayer a fortune. I'm your candidate for bringing back the danelaw.

Too funny!

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Lame excuse.  They should be in control of the children.  If they are then whoever gets hit by the car is going to suffer bad injuries from a car.  If you get hit by a car whether 5, 25, 50 or 75 years old it’s going to do damage to the person plus people have coped for 70 years with normal car parks what’s suddenly changed that people get special treatment.

But the grandparents can only use it when they have kids with them not when they don’t yet it’s the grandparents that probably need it more, whether with or without kids than parents,

Nah, sorry mate your explanations aren’t sufficient.

Maybe your Mum shouldn't be so feeble and should be in better shape. I mean she chose to let herself go as I know 80 year olds who can hike 10 miles a day... Your Mum's coped for 70 years being able to walk 30 feet what's suddenly changed? 

Yep, that's utter crap and I don't believe a word of it but if we're going to spout crap to try just and justify your position I thought I'd give it a go. 

I really hope you've never had a one night stand go wrong or had a condom burst on you as you have absolutely no clue about kids. 

Also, why are you parking in these spots if you're so worried about all the old people having to walk a few extra steps. Surely you should be parking far away to leave plenty of space for the elderly?

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Maybe your Mum shouldn't be so feeble and should be in better shape. I mean she chose to let herself go as I know 80 year olds who can hike 10 miles a day... Your Mum's coped for 70 years being able to walk 30 feet what's suddenly changed? 

Yep, that's utter crap and I don't believe a word of it but if we're going to spout crap to try just and justify your position I thought I'd give it a go. 

Being a parent is a choice, getting old isn’t a choice! Huge difference.  Why should your choices affect me on this…

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I really hope you've never had a one night stand go wrong or had a condom burst on you as you have absolutely no clue about kids. 

Oh burn! You really got me there 😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Also, why are you parking in these spots if you're so worried about all the old people having to walk a few extra steps. Surely you should be parking far away to leave plenty of space for the elderly?

Because elderly aren’t allowed to park there because they have been reserved by generally fit healthy adults who have chosen to have children.  This is not hard mate to keep up with…

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK. I get it now. @chrisp65 was on the money. 

Not really there are always extremes at both ends of the political system.  I have one issue that bugs me but I’ve just been put in a category that excludes all the good things I do and believe, and puts me in a category with some whackadoodle. 

As for the dig about conservative, given this country is mostly run by conservative government since the war then obviously more people are conservative than not as the voting shows it’s that way.

Â