Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2021/07/07/boris-becker-centre-wimbledon-sexism-row-calling-marton-fucsovics/

Boris Becker is at the centre of a sexism row after describing a Wimbledon quarter-finalist’s fiancee  as “very pretty” during BBC commentary.

The three-time former champion remarked “they do say they have the most beautiful women in Hungary” as Centre Court footage cut to Márton Fucsovics's watching partner.

Stephanie Hilborne, chief executive of Women in Sport, was among a host of diversity campaign groups to accuse Becker of “objectification”.

Really?

Giving a woman a compliment is now cause for moral outrage?

Just **** off and find something important to grizzle about.

Quite mild for Becker, knowing his reputation! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2021/07/07/boris-becker-centre-wimbledon-sexism-row-calling-marton-fucsovics/

Boris Becker is at the centre of a sexism row after describing a Wimbledon quarter-finalist’s fiancee  as “very pretty” during BBC commentary.

The three-time former champion remarked “they do say they have the most beautiful women in Hungary” as Centre Court footage cut to Márton Fucsovics's watching partner.

Stephanie Hilborne, chief executive of Women in Sport, was among a host of diversity campaign groups to accuse Becker of “objectification”.

Really?

Giving a woman a compliment is now cause for moral outrage?

Just **** off and find something important to grizzle about.

It's typically awful journlism, it appears to be suggesting that Becker is directing the show and getting the camera man to  zoom in on her. He's commentating on the pictures he's being fed. Maybe if the cameras weren't told specifically by the director to zoom in on attractive women, it wouldn't happen. Putting the blame in entirely the wrong place, regardless of Becker's reputation

He's also hardly come out with Sid the Sexist lines their either. Smacks of having a pop at someone for their reputation rather than anything that actually happened

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I mean, who would leave Villa for SmogLand???

He was hardly alone, they took about half the team, Neil Cox was the first iirc and it wasn't to work with that fantastic alcoh... sorry Manager, Bryan Robson. Money pure and simple

Re the topic, I might have a controversial one.

I hate Parent/Child car parking spots.  I’ve just seen it on tv talking about it.  I don’t have a child but I just park in them if I want.  

Why should I be second in preference because somebody decided to have a child and I didn’t?  

Why do they get parking spots equivalent of being reserved in front of the store when they aren’t being used, taking up more space and it was a personal decision by them which doesn’t relate to what the shop is selling?

If they want to shop and concerned about space, child safety blah blah park further away from the shop where generally there are more empty spaces or just don’t take your kid to the shop if you have that option.

Having a child is personal choice and with that comes limitations that are on you and I shouldn’t be impacted by what your decision is.  It’s not illegal for me to park in those spaces and it pee’s me off that preferential treatment is given so bugger it I just park there if I’m in the mood.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wow, you're all heart. 

I realise what an enormous chore it would otherwise be for you to walk another 30 feet from the car park row 2 rows down all on your tod. The nightmare these lone mums with the screaming brats and the baby paraphernalia to deal with are making your life a living hell. 

It's not about what's been chosen and what's legal. It's just about community and giving a fellow human a break. 

She decided to be a mom not me.  She decided that’s what she wanted in her life so she has to take the good with the bad.  I have to deal with screaming kids when I fly a lot and they get favoured seating as well.  Public transport, you have screaming kids.  I put up with all that because I choose not to have kids.  So they get more preference treatment because “It's just about community and giving a fellow human a break. ” I never ask for any breaks through the choices I make in life, my choices don’t impact them so why should I then get treated as second preference when it comes to parking…first come, first served like most things in life.

I'd say 50% of the people in parent/toddler parking bays don't have kids with them. When i've finished my weekly shop, i sometimes sit in the car with a coffee and people watch for ten minutes.

I do wonder if the parent/toddler spaces were at the back of the car park, if anyone would use them. 

Wide spaces. You park close to an suv with a baby seat in the back. Prepare for the idiot tax. Kids are words removed and do not give a **** about your BMW. That suv door will be hitting your bmw when in the hands of a 4 year old. Parent and child are nice but they also protect other drivers. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

She decided to be a mom not me.  She decided that’s what she wanted in her life so she has to take the good with the bad.  I have to deal with screaming kids when I fly a lot and they get favoured seating as well.  Public transport, you have screaming kids.  I put up with all that because I choose not to have kids.  So they get more preference treatment because “It's just about community and giving a fellow human a break. ” I never ask for any breaks through the choices I make in life, my choices don’t impact them so why should I then get treated as second preference when it comes to parking…first come, first served like most things in life.

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd say 50% of the people in parent/toddler parking bays don't have kids with them. When i've finished my weekly shop, i sometimes sit in the car with a coffee and people watch for ten minutes.

I do wonder if the parent/toddler spaces were at the back of the car park, if anyone would use them. 

I wouldn’t be adverse to them if they were even just partly back from the shop.  For example have disabled at the front, then small amount of regular parking, then parent/child, then the rest of regular parking.

Also, I’ve driven around small car parks where there are no regular spots but 3 or 4 parent child spots but I’m not allowed to park in them .

As you say, parents without their kids park in them, I know my brother does.  Anybody asks he just says, depending whether he’s coming or going, that he’s dropped of his wife and kids or picking them up.

I know some like Tesco fine parkers now so I avoid them.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

I know right.  I know I’m a prick for it but like the topic says, something that pisses me off that shouldn’t.  Just one step too far in my little head.  I do all my gentlemanly things like giving up my seat, opening doors, raising loads of money for charities, helping out charities, running my young nephews around between everywhere but this thing just something that pisses me off and I rebel.  Weird I know!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know right.  I know I’m a prick for it but like the topic says, something that pisses me off that shouldn’t.  Just one step too far in my little head.  I do all my gentlemanly things like giving up my seat, opening doors, raising loads of money for charities, helping out charities, running my young nephews around between everywhere but this thing just something that pisses me off and I rebel.  Weird I know!

Yeah well you've put me right off signing Tammy Abraham now 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yeah well you've put me right off signing Tammy Abraham now 😂😂😂

I’m improving then, just my normal personality does that usually before I even express some inner deeper thoughts. 😉

I think it's been mentioned before, but people who leave there car on the pumps and go and do there weekly shop in the petrol station. Had one today,  when they came back, they took what seemed like half an hour to move too, messing about, putting there seat belt on. I was just to about to get out of the car and commit an act of manslaughter!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it's been mentioned before, but people who leave there car on the pumps and go and do there weekly shop in the petrol station. Had one today,  when they came back, they took what seemed like half an hour to move too, messing about, putting there seat belt on. I was just to about to get out of the car and commit an act of manslaughter!!!

I stopped using a certain petrol station (BP on Penns Lane) due to them having a M&S shop and cafe there! Far too many people doing their weekly shops there. 

Temporary traffic lights. 

**** loads of them around at the moment in Sutton, Tamworth and Lichfield. Is Rishi dishing out free money to highways agencies?! 

• Like 3

Â