Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 27/02/2021 at 08:55, maqroll said:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I visited the place when I was in Cleveland on business a couple of years ago.   Such a huge disappointment.  Very cheesy and ridiculously expensive for what it was.   To make matters worse, there was some kind of Vans House Party concert going on outside on the grounds and the place was overrun by shit music by people I'd never heard of who acted like they were superstars and teeming with what I imagine would be the US equivalent of chavs.   I got inside as quickly as I could and then found I'd had enough of the museum after an hour and  left.

1/10  WNB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Ventured in to On Topic for a change and the number of "funny" nicknames that people give to other teams and their players is a bit irritating. Blose and Bumford are the two I've seen today but there seems to be a lot of them on here and it all comes across as a bit playground stuff. It seems to be common of football fans in general rather than just us given the Ghoulish and Greasy that Grealish gets from other fans but its a bit pathetic.

Probably shouldn't annoy me but I'm not sure why people can't have discussions without petty name calling to be honest.

Totally agree. The cringe level is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

A very long time ago, when football clubs didn't realise how terrible an idea it was to have official fan forums, I went on to the small heath board once to take the piss.

They used to have a word filter to change "Villa" to "vile", on their official forum on their actual club website. Talk about small time. :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Ventured in to On Topic for a change and the number of "funny" nicknames that people give to other teams and their players is a bit irritating. Blose and Bumford are the two I've seen today but there seems to be a lot of them on here and it all comes across as a bit playground stuff. It seems to be common of football fans in general rather than just us given the Ghoulish and Greasy that Grealish gets from other fans but its a bit pathetic.

Probably shouldn't annoy me but I'm not sure why people can't have discussions without petty name calling to be honest.

Totally agree...except for Bumford, Bumford makes me smile. Bum's a funny word.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Totally agree...except for Bumford, Bumford makes me smile. Bum's a funny word.

And Liverpoo

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Yep, also see

Birmingham fans are obsessed with Villa” and the other football thread when anybody in the bottom half of the championship is playing.

It’s reciprocated by many.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Yep, also see

Birmingham fans are obsessed with Villa” and the other football thread when anybody in the bottom half of the championship is playing.

I got that from a Leeds fan on twitter. While they were playing.  Seems they live in our heads rent free and we're obsessed with them, even while we're watching them shit the bed live on the tellybox :lol:

• Haha 1

Just had a call from Virgin Media, wanting to do some nice things for me for being a loyal customer of 5 or so years. They’re going to boost my broadband speed from 200mb to 350mb download speed. Gonna send me a new hub which will improve signal strength. Also going to send me a free sim with data loaded on it which can be used if the broadband were to go off.

Lovely, that’s nice of them I thought.

All, for just another £14 a month....

errr, not really doing me a favour for being a loyal customer then. Just trying to flog me Upgrades. Representatives for Wellingborough.

I said no thank you on the basis last time I agreed a new price with them for 18 months they put the price up 3 months later. She says this is different, this price is protected from increases... too late love. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 02:05, theboyangel said:

pain from Tendonitis in my Achilles waking me up :(

I had tendonitis on the top of my foot once. Genuinely the worst pain i've ever had and i've had a lot of pain in my life!

It felt as though I had shattered every bone in my foot. 

• Like 1

Well, that's me staying out of On Topic for a while. 

And after all these years I think I finally need to resort to the 'ignore' function (although I don't know how to trigger it). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Yep, also see

Its taking over social media too

Villa's official account put the full time result on and the first 10 comments include West ham, blues, wolves, man City fans with some childish garbage 

There's people posting pictures of Bamford on the tweets of the official villa account 

Its proper weird 

Just listed my daughters old TV on Facebook marketplace (first time I’ve ever listed anything for sale on there), got an enquiry straight away “what’s the lowest you will take, it’s for my disabled child”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just listed my daughters old TV on Facebook marketplace (first time I’ve ever listed anything for sale on there), got an enquiry straight away “what’s the lowest you will take, it’s for my disabled child”.

Either that or they drop a 'key worker' line into it. 

Reminds me of that meme - "son's crying now, thanks"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Either that or they drop a 'key worker' line into it. 

Reminds me of that meme - "son's crying now, thanks"

I don’t have an issue with the first part of the sentence, but to use a child’s disability as leverage to try and get a discount is a bit low imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife put an old TV on there the other week for free. She had 70+ messages in the first few minutes asking if it was still available.

She arranged a pick time with the first person who messaged, but they were a no show and they stopped replying to messages. She arranged pick up times with the next 3 or 4 people, none of them showed up after saying they would. One bloke said “I’ll be there in 10 minutes” several times throughout one day but never appeared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â