Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There are also backward nations that call plural Euros just “Euro”, really pisses me off.

They should be fined a hundred quids for that. 

• Haha 4

This seasons Fantasy NFL, it's falling into some state of disarray.

If everyone doesn't hurry up and agree on some points it'll be a waste of time :(

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This seasons Fantasy NFL, it's falling into some state of disarray.

If everyone doesn't hurry up and agree on some points it'll be a waste of time :(

Even the pick 'em has gone to shit

12 hours ago, Xann said:

Vinyl vs Vinyls = Records vs Kitchen floors

This is how you determine between someone who actually loves music and a hipster rocket polisher

Question number one. What is the Plural of vinyl? Any hint of an S at the end of the response, take them outside and shoot them. It's perfectly legal

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Xela’s posts about old He-Man figures, in the ‘things that cheer you up’ thread have just reminded me that I’m still pissed off about something that happened 30 years ago. 

A few years prior, I was the lucky and excited recipient of a big cardboard box full of Star Wars figures, for Christmas. Most of them were probably second hand as only a few were in their original packaging, not that I cared as the box was full of them. Such classics as the Ewok Village, AT-AT, Millennium Falcon, X Wing and Tie fighter, Jabba The Hut, the big brown monster Rancor from Jabba’s pit, and nearly all of the characters, including the carbon frozen Han Solo. 

I loved these figures up until something else took my attention, like all kids. Then one day my Dad said he was going to a car boot sale and was there anything I didn’t want any more. So I gave him the now very valuable Star Wars kit. Just before he left my sister plonked her Connect 4 game in the box. When he returned we ran to see what he’d made. 

Ten f**king pounds. And he gave half of that to my sister. 

So yeah, here I am some 30 years on, still unable to forgive my sister for skanking a very unfair share of the booty. And still annoyed that I didn’t have the foresight to keep it all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

@Xela’s posts about old He-Man figures, in the ‘things that cheer you up’ thread have just reminded me that I’m still pissed off about something that happened 30 years ago. 

A few years prior, I was the lucky and excited recipient of a big cardboard box full of Star Wars figures, for Christmas. Most of them were probably second hand as only a few were in their original packaging, not that I cared as the box was full of them. Such classics as the Ewok Village, AT-AT, Millennium Falcon, X Wing and Tie fighter, Jabba The Hut, the big brown monster Rancor from Jabba’s pit, and nearly all of the characters, including the carbon frozen Han Solo. 

I loved these figures up until something else took my attention, like all kids. Then one day my Dad said he was going to a car boot sale and was there anything I didn’t want any more. So I gave him the now very valuable Star Wars kit. Just before he left my sister plonked her Connect 4 game in the box. When he returned we ran to see what he’d made. 

Ten f**king pounds. And he gave half of that to my sister. 

So yeah, here I am some 30 years on, still unable to forgive my sister for skanking a very unfair share of the booty. And still annoyed that I didn’t have the foresight to keep it all. 

This is an outrage. There must be some legal action you can take? (FFS an Ewok Village!!!, I'd give a kidney for one of them)

• Like 1

I've just been informally offered a mate's job. Who is still in that job, and I've been told not to say anything. I'd actually quite like his job and would happily take it if he willingly moved in to a different role, but what a **** dick move. Not just looking to force someone out of their role, but putting me in a position of knowing this.

Going to mull things over this evening, but currently the most appealing course of action is telling him all about it, and handing my notice in. It's just a shit way of doing business and I've completely lost respect for management. 

• Like 4

IT contractors who enquire about your previous provider and then indicate you were being ripped off along with the obligatory “at least Dick Turpin wore a mask” comment to throw you whilst simultaneously handing over a massive invoice for their services

Edited by Follyfoot

Eugh, I use Spotify but that might be the straw that makes me stop. The big tech companies need to be broken up or taxed back down to earth. There is far too much power held by a handful of CEOs of global tech companies.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â