Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Eugh, I use Spotify but that might be the straw that makes me stop. The big tech companies need to be broken up or taxed back down to earth. There is far too much power held by a handful of CEOs of global tech companies.

I wonder at what point they will start taxing the consumer data. Just tax per capita info held. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Eugh, I use Spotify but that might be the straw that makes me stop. The big tech companies need to be broken up or taxed back down to earth. There is far too much power held by a handful of CEOs of global tech companies.

I think Spotify are one of those new breed of companies that never actually make any money. Uber another one? They just post huge losses year on year. 

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think Spotify are one of those new breed of companies that never actually make any money. Uber another one? They just post huge losses year on year. 

Uber generally loses over $1bil a quarter

Fairly sure Spotify went into profit last year for one quarter, then announced it was going to piss it up the wall on some aquisitions (podcast companies)

• Like 1

People on shows like the Great British Bake Off who are completely defined by where they come from.

"Oh yeah this week I'm making this cake. I've used eggs from welsh hens and welsh goats chees. And the milk comes form welsh cows and flour ground from the bones of dead welshmen. And I'm decorating it with a big welsh dragon coloured using the blood of 12 welsh virgins and sprinkled with sugar from the welsh valleys with a hint of salt from the welsh saltmines"

You're welsh. We get it!

This year it's that Cornish chap, who isn't even from Cornwall. Everything is Cornish. Nobody cares

• Haha 3

People that keep correcting the way you pronounce something,FFS dont they know that the whole world is multi-cultral and we all pronounce things our owne way.

How boring it would be if we all had the same accent and all spoke exactly the same.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

People that keep correcting the way you pronounce something,FFS dont they know that the whole world is multi-cultral and we all pronounce things our owne way.

How boring it would be if we all had the same accent and all spoke exactly the same.

Sorry, could you repeat that? Couldn't understand a word. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I was just imagining a world without Geordies and Glaswegians...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Paging @villarule123

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People on shows like the Great British Bake Off who are completely defined by where they come from.

"Oh yeah this week I'm making this cake. I've used eggs from welsh hens and welsh goats chees. And the milk comes form welsh cows and flour ground from the bones of dead welshmen. And I'm decorating it with a big welsh dragon coloured using the blood of 12 welsh virgins and sprinkled with sugar from the welsh valleys with a hint of salt from the welsh saltmines"

You're welsh. We get it!

This year it's that Cornish chap, who isn't even from Cornwall. Everything is Cornish. Nobody cares

Related to what I like to think of as the MasterChef gambit.

Rock up to MasterChef with some form of niche heritage and provided you can actually use a cooker, you WILL make the quarters at least. Simply because you're doing something new. And by niche we're into 'obscure part of small country most people couldn't find on a map' at this point 

• Like 2

I would assume its the word staycation. 

A holiday is a holiday, whether it is Florida, France, or the Cotswolds. I think some people look down on UK holidays as not being a proper holiday though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I would assume its the word staycation. 

A holiday is a holiday, whether it is Florida, France, or the Cotswolds. I think some people look down on UK holidays as not being a proper holiday though. 

That’s absolutely true, I love UK holidays. One of the things that annoy me is when you ask someone where they’re going and they say “oh, only [place in the UK]” like it’s not a proper holiday.

Â