Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 20/07/2020 at 15:39, Stevo985 said:

It's not to stop the flow. It means any drips are caught back in the bottle rather than falling onto a tablecloth or dress or whatever.

I imagine it's only done for wine because of how red wine stains stuff.

nonsense and balls. Are we that unable to get a fluid from a bottle to a receptacle that we have to contort our wrists? Pfft. Its twee and anyone doing it should have their hands amputated from the wrist.

Edited by peterw
  • Haha 1

On 15/07/2020 at 20:13, Chindie said:

... businesses can't fill out a form...they're so often missing stuff. ..missing completely fundamental formation like turnover. Meaning I can't do anything with it.

Mate, they shouldn’t need to write “turnover” for you to look on the other side of the paper for the missing info.

• Haha 2

On 20/07/2020 at 10:47, StefanAVFC said:

Yep.

There's one, who just became famous for being seen on screen at Euro 2012 (it was in Poland)

6f9bb688ea6e3b9f4b0d875068e32413017136d7

Now she's even doing movies and shit. Looks awful now.

Still would. The fussy man sleeps alone.

On 18/07/2020 at 18:25, Xela said:

Already suffering with sunburn to my nose and forehead, which is peeling, I now have suffered an allergic reaction to one of my parents cats

I currently resemble Joseph Merrick

His brother ?

Mad on sunbathing I heard.

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

His brother ?

Mad on sunbathing I heard.

I don't think he had a brother? Maybe Hippo Man?

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think you mean Pillow man 😅 

(Draught Excluder)

The reason for this comical exchange is that I thought his name was John ?

:D

His real name is Joseph but for some reason he has erroneously been known as John for ages :) 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Finding a product on Amazon that you may buy but you have a question about it. So you go to questions and can even search if someone else has asked the same thing you want to know. Oh goodie look someone has already posted the answer to what I need to know.

No, it's some absolute word removed who has responded "Don't know, sorry." What the absolute **** kind of cockwomblery is this? Who goes to Amazon, looks through the questions and then takes the time to respond that they don't know the answer? How bored are the Barbaras & Donnas of Michigan?

You absolute cocking cocks of cockingham common. clearings in the woods.

There's a good reason for this, kind of. They're not searching out the questions just to give pointless answers. Amazon is emailing them, and I've not seen a recent one, but it certainly used to be the case that it looked like they'd specifically asked you the question. Most people see through that and realise it's just automated BS and ignore it, but some people buy the fact that this person has personally asked them a question.

Basically, the people who answer Amazon product questions are the same demographic that lend money to Nigerian princes.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Basically, the people who answer Amazon product questions are the same demographic that lend money to Nigerian princes.

You won't be mocking when my Nigerian Prince has his money released and he forwards me the $10m he promised. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This is far too much of a reasoned response for my liking.

2/10 WNB

This has always bothered me and I too am disappointed that there is a sensible answer :D 

It happens on TripAdvisor too.

"Is there a hot tub in the Standard rooms or is it only the Premium and Luxury rooms?"

"Sorry I don't know"

😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This has always bothered me and I too am disappointed that there is a sensible answer :D 

It happens on TripAdvisor too.

"Is there a hot tub in the Standard rooms or is it only the Premium and Luxury rooms?"

"Sorry I don't know"

😡

I assumed there was some kind of reward for people who respond to lots of questions, some kind of higher standing in the community.

Its really annoying though.

Letter from Student Loans Company: "You've nearly paid off your loan, call us to avoid overpaying".

Me: [calls, pays off remaining balance]

Today's payslip: "Student Loan Deduction - £89.00"

You have become the very thing you swore to destroy! - Imgur

Schoolboy error... making curry for tea. This particular curry doesn't require the chillis be put in until very near the end.  I slice the chillies up in preparation but forget to wash my hands straight way.

I Wipe my brow due to the heat in the kitchen... 5 ... 4... 3... 2... 1...

ow!!!

burning eyes are never my favourite thing

People who write "thx" on a work email. 

Firstly it's not very professional. And secondly was it really worth it to save writing those three extra letters?

• Like 2

Â