Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 30/07/2020 at 11:52, Genie said:

I was playing Grand Theft Auto the other night and they have some great radio programmes for when you’re driving around. One was hilariously accurate, it was some right wing nutter who’d called in to say how pleased he was that foreigners no longer wanted to live in America. All it took was for them to destroy the country to make it so unappealing but it was worth it to stop them coming.

On Vice City there was a talk-radio show with a character called Shrub who was a perfect parody of a certain type of Republican; despite the name, not so much of George W Bush (it didn't have the yee-haw down-home mannerisms) but of someone like Duncan Hunter.

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The thing that pisses me off about donating to Unicef is that I know the majority of the money goes on providing emergency aid to people whose lives have been destroyed by bombs made in this country.

Ah, but if we weren’t selling them our good bombs and bombing training, they’d still be buying bombs but they’d be bad bombs with poor bombing training.

You have to think of the whole picture.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, but if we weren’t selling them our good bombs and bombing training, they’d still be buying bombs but they’d be bad bombs with poor bombing training.

You have to think of the whole picture.

Silly me.

Just had a walk to the post office where I overheard a conversation where this woman on a mobility scooter basically (drunk) drove up to this bench that had 2 blokes drinking Stella ( on a bit of a session by the looks of things)  , on it  , and offered them a  threesome  ( I kinda lingered around, so I could hear the entire conversation , as you do ) .

Belongs in this thread  ,  cause on the way back from the Post Office the bench was already full  :)

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just had a walk to the post office where I overheard a conversation where this woman on a mobility scooter basically (drunk) drove up to this bench that had 2 blokes drinking Stella ( on a bit of a session by the looks of things)  , on it  , and offered them a  threesome  ( I kinda lingered around, so I could hear the entire conversation , as you do ) .

Belongs in this thread  ,  cause on the way back from the Post Office the bench was already full  :)

Where, specifically, was this please. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Definitely a two man job. Those scooters weigh a ton.

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Especially after you'd drunk all that Stella 

Why should the able bodied have all the fun?! 

On 30/07/2020 at 11:40, BOF said:

I take no pleasure in being misanthropic and it's not a belief I hold in an attempt to be edgy or controversial.  I think humans as a species generally are a piece of shit.  I think fundamentally we are horrible, selfish and capable of horrendous atrocities, to the point where we're even ignoring the worst of it going on all over the world now.  "But people are capable of good too".  Yes of course they are, obviously, but decent people sometimes make the mistake of judging others by their own set of morals.  Trouble is you're in the minority.  A spectacularly small minority in the grand scheme of things.  We're a savage species not long out of the trees in an evolutionary sense.  I had a discussion once with a mate about what would happen if society went to shit, Mad Max stylee.  He genuinely believed communities would band together and help each other out, sharing resources etc.  I said if it got bad enough people would kill their neighbour for resources.  The good would soon enough be wiped out by the bad.  He was genuinely saddened by my outlook on humanity.

Life, like internet football forums is all about opinions.

Im always struck by how amazing it is that with 6/7 billion people in the world our story is far more heavily weighted towards collaboration and being civilised. For me the bad eggs are the minority and 95% of people are genuinely well meaning even if they sometimes make mistakes. The bad eggs make much better news though that’s human psychology. 

• Like 1

As part of an ongoing email exchange with an employee or Merseyside Police who quite frankly has an arse / elbow identification problem

Me (in full)

Please follow the agreed procedure we have with Merseyside Police and email me at xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx

Also, you at the very least need to email me a DPA request form, this is basic stuff, we will never divulge even the most basic of information without that

Him (opening only)

Gareth,
I do not like the tone of this email. I am an experienced investigator of over 30 years. Unfortunately, I have only just arrived in Liverpool... blah

Me (opening of my response)

Welcome to Liverpool. I'm blunt, your personal sensibilities are none of my concern and I have something you want. Deal with it and read the following paragraphs on the agreed procedure. Then realise I'm doing you a favour by not insisting on a Production Order from the courts. An official NPCC DPA 1 form is sufficient...

Arse. He shouldn't piss me off but he has so he's getting that equally snotty response

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can't decide who is being more of a word removed in this exchange, to be honest.

Your latter email is the kind of thing I'd be fuming if someone sent me, but on the other hand, if someone opens with just "Firstname", they're on my shitlist, so it probably evens out :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I can't decide who is being more of a word removed in this exchange, to be honest.

Your latter email is the kind of thing I'd be fuming if someone sent me, but on the other hand, if someone opens with just "Firstname", they're on my shitlist, so it probably evens out :) 

Oh I'm deliberately being a word removed in my second response I make no bones about it. The first request was via a driver to obtain the offenders details, the second request was sent to the wrong email address without any official documentation. My first response above is a result of that already and even then is perfectly factual and to the point. This tit has wasted enough of my time already

And I actually want to help him, I'm trying to do him a favour as the crime is a crime against a driver but I can't be doing with explaining stuff time and time again when it's an agreed procedure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

f someone opens with just "Firstname", they're on my shitlist

This to the power of infinity.

Instantly gets my back up and immediately makes me read things in a dismissive looking down the nose tone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

This to the power of infinity.

Instantly gets my back up and immediately makes me read things in a dismissive looking down the nose tone.

Love cultural differences. :)Here you go by first-name, 95% of the time in a mail correspondence . Or at least everybody does it to me. Maybe my social status is a peasant 😐   

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Love cultural differences. :)Here you go by first-name, 95% of the time in a mail correspondence . Or at least everybody does it to me. Maybe my social status is a peasant 😐   

We do here as well, but there's a huge difference in tone between "Hi Tegis, blah blah.", and "Tegis, blah".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Yeah as @Davkaus put it, there's a big difference between using a greeting and your name, and just your name. Using just the name comes off as an order, or arsey, or demeaning. Just putting 'Hi' first or whatever immediately alters the tone.

• Like 2

my place has employed a new guy, 2nd in command and best mates with the MD, been appointed to do a review of the whole company, he's an old guy who likes to tell you of his experience every 5 minutes

he's an absolute prick, his style of management is if he's never heard of it then it must be wrong

he's never worked in the UK before, being from the UK they stuck me on it...im getting "in 50 years of experience I've never heard of that before, it cant be right" for stuff like everyone on site has to have asbestos awareness training...followed by a shitty email that's it not my job leave it alone and all of it reported to his mate

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

As part of an ongoing email exchange with an employee or Merseyside Police who quite frankly has an arse / elbow identification problem

Me (in full)

Him (opening only)

Me (opening of my response)

Arse. He shouldn't piss me off but he has so he's getting that equally snotty response

You must be an absolute **** nightmare to work with to be honest

• Haha 1

Â