Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bought a laptop with Windows 10 on it. Now the missus has got a new job doing online teaching, and needs to use the laptop. Yet every **** menu seems to contain a record of some dirty movies I've watched in my me-time. 'Historical activity'! 'Favourites'! 'You might like to revisit this again'!

Just piss off you grass.

Are you sure they're just the movies you've watched? ;)

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bought a laptop with Windows 10 on it. Now the missus has got a new job doing online teaching, and needs to use the laptop. Yet every **** menu seems to contain a record of some dirty movies I've watched in my me-time. 'Historical activity'! 'Favourites'! 'You might like to revisit this again'!

Just piss off you grass.

Can I suggest using the non **** menu instead?

"We used to be able to do this, and that, and before we could do this and that, we used to have a team of x amount of people and in times gone by we had the man hours and personal to do this and that and this and that. It's not just your dept that have suffered because of this and that, it's this and that dept. I myself have to do this and that extra, it's been a great strain on this and that , we've suffered"

giphy.gif

Just do what I am asking.

• Like 1

Car horns.

Ok I live in a city so I expect an amount of noise pollution. But car horns have gone from; 

"Warning impending accident" to;

"what did you do that for you muppet"  but these days it's just;

"I'M NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW AND I NEED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT IM NOT GETTING EXACTLY WHAT I WANT IMMEDIATELY NOW AND I SHOULD HAVE IT BECAUSE I'M ME."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Car horns.

Ok I live in a city so I expect an amount of noise pollution. But car horns have gone from; 

"Warning impending accident" to;

"what did you do that for you muppet"  but these days it's just;

"I'M NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW AND I NEED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT IM NOT GETTING EXACTLY WHAT I WANT IMMEDIATELY NOW AND I SHOULD HAVE IT BECAUSE I'M ME."

Car horn you say.... 

DishonestDismalHorseshoebat-size_restric

• Like 1

Any discussion/ debate format program that has a live audience. Somewhere down the line audiences became much more involved, clapping like mindless seals at every first opportunity or groaning like a herd of cows when they hear something they don't like. Participants become conditioned to talk in shorter soundbites in order to (hopefully) solicit applause (who doesn't like applause). As a result nothing gets debated properly and no useful ideas are propagated.

Go back a few decades and audiences where much quieter and there to listen.

• Like 1

Piercing smoke alarm low battery intermittent beep. At 3am. :angry:

**** was a bastard to take off the ceiling as well, nearly lost a finger! "Release clip and slide bottom of alarm off to access battery". Yeah right, there was no **** clip.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

**** was a bastard to take off the ceiling as well, nearly lost a finger! "Release clip and slide bottom of alarm off to access battery". Yeah right, there was no **** clip.  

Weird. That was exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. To the letter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Last time it happened to bme I had a very similar experience except it was one of those, no replaceable battery ones. I had to stick it in a bag of paving sand I had out the back, it was still beeping two weeks later. I replaced it with the replaceable battery type obviously

• Like 2

Got the in laws round for his birthday, good session, ran out of beer I finish mine first, go for the bottle of gin... "you aren't touching that" he finishes his, asks what else we've got "would you like to try some gin?" 

He's drunk I'm not, waiting for the retrospective "you were drunk last night" argument tomorrow 

Edited by villa4europe

On 19/10/2019 at 18:56, bickster said:

just use the places signposted generally. Road numbers are pretty silly and go all over the place plus many similar ones are in the same area

For example to get from Liverpool to Bristol I'll go Chester, Wrexham, Oswestry, Welshpool, Newton, Llanidloes, Rhayader, Builth Wells, Talgarth, Crickhowell, Abergavenny, Raglan, Newport, Bristol. The only road numbers I could tell you are A5, A470 and M4 the rest I'm oblivious too despite doing the route many times

Is there a reason you go this way? Seems like an awful long way round with some terrible roads. 

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Is there a reason you go this way? Seems like an awful long way round with some terrible roads. 

Great roads with great scenery. Takes about 30 mins longer than M6/M5. Cheaper on fuel too. Plenty of places to stop for decent food. I really don’t know why anyone goes the “fast” route

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Great roads with great scenery. Takes about 30 mins longer than M6/M5. Cheaper on fuel too. Plenty of places to stop for decent food. I really don’t know why anyone goes the “fast” route

When I'd just passed my driving test (aged 33) I was too nervous to go on motorways, so we drove from Leeds to my wife's parents' place in Exeter (and back) entirely on A roads - mostly the A38. Wouldn't do it now! 

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Most of them underwater yesterday! 

Â