Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

He had a seagull on his head when I saw him last year.

photos - 1143.jpg

That's a shit statue. Wouldn't be surprised if it was by the same person who did the equally shit Rory Gallagher one in Cork. 

rory-gallagher-statue-W4FNM6.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Joined a gym yesterday. Went to visit this morning, the locks had been changed and there was an insolvency notice on the door. Dated from June. Thanks guys. 

The lengths people will go to for an excuse not to exercise...

• Haha 1

On holiday in Weymouth and we’ve had 3 knocks on the caravan door this evening from Trick or Treaters?   Perhaps it’s just me, but what’s wrong with people!   

I mean, if I buy some chocolate I actually want to eat it myself or perhaps share a chunk with the kids, but certainly not give it away to some random!!  Bugger off ya scavs.

American crap which has no place here.  

**I actually feel sick right now from having fish & chips and too much chocolate** 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Shit!

Who lets their kids knock on the door of a bloke that lives in a caravan in October!

That’s like the ‘free candy’ van right there.

To be fair, we’re currently on a Haven holiday park which is full of kids everywhere, but I still wouldn’t knock on caravan doors with my kids.  Each to their own I guess. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

Listening to the Gather Round the Lamp podcast.

'...needs dropped'.

**** offfffffffff!:bang:

It's come from and common in scotland, that, missing out the "to be".

But you're right it needs stopped. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The M6 .

Image result for furious gif

Liverpool to London tomorrow, I have no way of avoiding it, leaving at 5am to soften the blow

There is no road in this country that I detest more than the M sodding 6

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Liverpool to London tomorrow, I have no way of avoiding it, leaving at 5am to soften the blow

Just took me nearly 3 hours to get from Leamington to Minworth. 

It's  30 odd miles away FFS.   

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I did London to Liverpool (technically Chester) for the first time today. Trains are pretty quick and perfect for leaving at 5am as I don’t need to concentrate.

Downside is a return ticket was £300. Puts you in such a shit position organising travel when the choice is paying that or the risk of a standstill motorway.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Just now, bickster said:

M42 surely?

The entire region all in chaos because of an M6 accident at 4.30am near the Castle Vale exit. I tried to loop around Coleshill to miss it but the rest of the country had the same idea. 

Then there was an hour wait as half of Brum tried to cross the 7ft wide bridge over the Tame in Water Orton.

Thankfully I had plenty of empty bottles in the car.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The entire region all in chaos because of an M6 accident at 4.30am near the Castle Vale exit. I tried to loop around Coleshill to miss it but the rest of the country had the same idea. 

Then there was an hour wait as half of Brum tried to cross the 7ft wide bridge over the Tame in Water Orton.

Thankfully I had plenty of empty bottles in the car.

My journey home is going to be fun tonight...🙄

(I work at Fort Dunlop)

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I did London to Liverpool (technically Chester) for the first time today. Trains are pretty quick and perfect for leaving at 5am as I don’t need to concentrate.

Downside is a return ticket was £300. Puts you in such a shit position organising travel when the choice is paying that or the risk of a standstill motorway.

I am delivering my daughters belongings to her new abode, train just isn't possible. This is the first time I've actually driven to London in over 2 decades, possibly 3. The last time I did it would have been driving a transit van loaded with bands gear. I always get the train

Don't know if it's still true but if you get a ticket for one stop into Wales past Chester (Shotton), its cheaper (or it used to be) as travel to Wales is subsidised. Might want to check that out

Â