Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Accidental 'Reply all' chains.

I come into work and there's 37 mails in the last 10 minutes on my Mgmt mailbox.

Some guy had sent an email to the wrong dlist asking if he can delete a mailbox.

Que,

'DON'T DELETE'

'GUYS JUST REPLY TO HIM'

'DON'T DELETE'

'THIS IS THE WRONG DLIST'

idiots

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Accidental 'Reply all' chains.

I come into work and there's 37 mails in the last 10 minutes on my Mgmt mailbox.

Some guy had sent an email to the wrong dlist asking if he can delete a mailbox.

Que,

'DON'T DELETE'

'GUYS JUST REPLY TO HIM'

'DON'T DELETE'

'THIS IS THE WRONG DLIST'

idiots

I LOVE it when that happens, makes me giggle. A few years ago everybody at our company who's surname started between A-G got some random email only met for one person. It must have been a fair few thousand people.

24 hours later there was still emails flying around, "I don't think this was meant for me", "Please remove me from this thread", "Can everyone please stop replying to all", "Was I supposed to receive this email?", "Hi, I think you've got the wrong Brian", "EVERYBODY, STOP REPLYING TO ALL", "I don't understand what this email means?", "I don't think we should reply to all"

• Like 1

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I LOVE it when that happens, makes me giggle. A few years ago everybody at our company who's surname started between A-G got some random email only met for one person. It must have been a fair few thousand people.

24 hours later there was still emails flying around, "I don't think this was meant for me", "Please remove me from this thread", "Can everyone please stop replying to all", "Was I supposed to receive this email?", "Hi, I think you've got the wrong Brian", "EVERYBODY, STOP REPLYING TO ALL", "I don't understand what this email means?", "I don't think we should reply to all"

This is my favorite so far.

Hi and greetings from Munich

Wish you a great week guys

Bastard :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh really!? Wow thanks for that. I'll go home tonight and shove a crunchie down his gob. If my wife asks what the hell I'm doing I'll just tell her Karen from accounts said it's fine.

Why is it always a Karen? If I hear someone is called Karen I automatically know there's a good chance they're a right pain in the bum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

''Baby on board'' stickers on the back of cars.

You have a baby in the car? Thanks for the heads up, next time I decide to have a car accident I will miss your vehicle. 

It's for emergency services to prioritise *if* there is an accident you melon.. 😒

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I thought a baby seat gave it away in case there was an accident. 

And you can see a baby seat from 20m away? 

It's just another, easy, cheap identifier for the emergency services, who, in some horrible cases, can speed up identifying who might need help quicker.

It's also a reason the emergency services hate all the "comedy" ones like "Princess on board", when really it's a 4/10 21 year old from Coventry. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

And you can see a baby seat from 20m away? 

It's just another, easy, cheap identifier for the emergency services, who, in some horrible cases, can speed up identifying who might need help quicker.

It's also a reason the emergency services hate all the "comedy" ones like "Princess on board", when really it's a 4/10 21 year old from Coventry. 

Ok, I take your point, it might be helpful in some cases.

I also don't think you can see a sticker from 20m away, and when emergency services get there they asses the situation and help those in biggest need - just because you are a child does not mean you will be prioritised right away. Also, they are mostly put on windows which often go in a collision which kind of defeats the point. 

From my experience, it's not used as a tool to assist in case of emergency, it is used alongside the hello kitty window shields in a car driven by a 4/10 21 year old from Coventry. Those same people like to bombard the social media with the picture of their baby.

I guess that's what pisses me off that shouldn't.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Ok, I take your point, it might be helpful in some cases.

I also don't think you can see a sticker from 20m away, and when emergency services get there they asses the situation and help those in biggest need - just because you are a child does not mean you will be prioritised right away. Also, they are mostly put on windows which often go in a collision which kind of defeats the point. 

From my experience, it's not used as a tool to assist in case of emergency, it is used alongside the hello kitty window shields in a car driven by a 4/10 21 year old from Coventry. Those same people like to bombard the social media with the picture of their baby.

I guess that's what pisses me off that shouldn't.

Unfortunately emergencies are based on statistics.  Statistics say that in any sort of accident, children a more likely to die than other people.  Hence why the stickers are there.  If the windows get blown out and you can't see the sticker, then in that situation, yes you're right, it's useless.

But in a situation where those things don't happen, it *can* help emergency teams assess who might need help quicker.  

It might only work 1 in 1000 situations, but that's still 1 life saved - ergo, it's worth it.

Your second point is something that is annoying, so I agree. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Unfortunately emergencies are based on statistics.  Statistics say that in any sort of accident, children a more likely to die than other people.  Hence why the stickers are there.  If the windows get blown out and you can't see the sticker, then in that situation, yes you're right, it's useless.

But in a situation where those things don't happen, it *can* help emergency teams assess who might need help quicker.  

It might only work 1 in 1000 situations, but that's still 1 life saved - ergo, it's worth it.

Sure, you can argue that any parent can make a car 'a little bit safer' and improve the chances by 0.1 of a percent. If it helps one child in a million it's worth it. 

I just feel that 'Little princess on board' is not meant to do that, it's used by the 'child adoration' movement within some parents. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's for emergency services to prioritise *if* there is an accident you melon.. 😒

Do people with these stickers remove them every time they drive the car without their child being on board ?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Do you think I know the answer to that? 

No , but tbf I'm not sure at times you even know the answer to your own name   :P

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

IS. IT. SHITE

Its for throbbers to tell us they had sex once or throbbers parents to tell us their kids managed to have sex despite their upbringing.

EDIT: They make me want to rear end them just for the hell of it (obviuously I wouldn't)

• Haha 4

Â