Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Some absolute bellend decided it would be fun to play chicken with me and my van through the cones on the A452. Cock nearly ran me off the road, and then had the temerity to thank me for letting him in front! 

This is the section from the A45 island to the M6. 

On the subject of directions, I'm 30 and have never used road maps, sat nav's have always been a thing for me.

What annoys me is when you mention to someone that your going somewhere, an airport or an away game.

'Ah are you taking the A46 or the A41?'

'Ooo the A46 is normally busy at that time of day, I would take the A34 and link on to the M4 just off Swindon'

'I took the A34 last week and it was a nightmare'

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know which road I'm taking, I just follow my satnav to where I'm going or I know the route I'm taking as I've driven there before.

Note the roads I have added are probably not even related to each other, they are examples only 

• Like 3

I usually have the sat nav on with the voice turned off, even when I'm driving to work. It knows what the traffic conditions are like so can help dodge traffic well before I run in to it. Beeps when there are speed cameras ahead too. Just in case! 

work...

trying to sign a contract, easy contract, nice client, there's a clause in there saying all travel is reimbursable plus a fee you just have to keep receipts of everything, we have probably 2 guys travelling to Barcelona 3 times max, probably in and out day trips maybe a 1 nighter at best, the guy putting our bid together thinks that's too much work, we are incapable of printing of and organising our hotel / flight receipts and issuing them to the client, he wants to put a lump sum rate instead, we book all our trips via 1 single source company

you can say what you like about german efficiency and its not everyone here but there's more than a fair few where work ethic is **** shocking and they have no commercial awareness at all

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

On the subject of directions, I'm 30 and have never used road maps, sat nav's have always been a thing for me.

What annoys me is when you mention to someone that your going somewhere, an airport or an away game.

'Ooo the A46 is normally busy at that time of day, I would take the A34 and link on to the M4 just off Swindon'

I don't know which road I'm taking, I just follow my satnav to where I'm going or I know the route I'm taking as I've driven there before.

Note the roads I have added are probably not even related to each other, they are examples only 

Exactly what I was getting at. I'd feel very uncomfortable not having that basic knowledge about the road network. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Me, I couldn't tell you an M5 from an M6 or an M42. I motorway everyday almost now, i don't know what junction I get on at or get off at.
I just get off when the satnav tells me or I get to the point where I recognize the exit.

Pointless information. Sadcases.

A small Hospital car park that only let you in when there’s spaces so you have to wait until then. I have no problem with that. 

So why has it it let me and about 6 other cars in when there are clearly no spaces! So we’re all slowly driving around trying to find a spot and getting in each other’s way. 

I was getting late for appointment so I just landed it in a random spot which said no parking on the ground but wasn’t obstructing anyone.  I’ll take the fine if it comes in the post rather than wait another year for an appointment.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

I work from home Fridays and will either have Spotify or Youtube on, my wife comes down puts Radio 2 on and then almost immediately goes upstairs again not listening to it, so then I have to shout at Alexa. Every bloody Friday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I work from home Fridays and will either have Spotify or Youtube on, my wife comes down puts Radio 2 on and then almost immediately goes upstairs again not listening to it, so then I have to shout at Alexa. Every bloody Friday.

Fridays? Just Fridays? I wish. 

I know I've ranted on here before about this one, but my missus switches on Radio 4 in every room she enters, and never switches it off when she leaves. So, for example, we're watching TV in the living room, she goes into the kitchen to get a drink, puts the radio on for the two minutes she's in there, leaves it on, comes back to the TV. I can hear the indistinct but audible muttering of R4 distracting me from the TV, so I sigh, go out and switch it off and come back. Every. Single. Time. If I ask her to switch the radio off on leaving a room, she says "But I might want to go back in there". Drives me insane. 

1 minute ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

This story got a like solely for you using the phrase ‘the big light’.

Love that phrase, a staple in my house as a kid but haven’t heard it for years! 

Ha, I did think twice about using it, same as when I typed 'bab' to describe my son.

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You should get an Internet radio. All I play on mine is US rock stations, there's millions of 'em.

And I bet there's even more Country stations. Just up your alley I expect.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You should get an Internet radio. All I play on mine is US rock stations, there's millions of 'em.

And I bet there's even more Country stations. Just up your alley I expect.

spacer.png

Ha, I do, but I have a few calls on a friday so stop and start music a lot, otherwise wall to wall US country stations.

• Like 1

Â