Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Lovely lunch today, more of a late cooked breakfast really, but the beans were presented in a little glass jar for absolutely no reason.

Sounds like they thought you were a right Sutton Banker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Sounds like they thought you were a right Sutton Banker

It was down that Swansea. Clearly saw someone from a proper city and panicked.

In fact, I think I heard one of them say Cardiff Banker.

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

It was down that Swansea

My favourite thing in Swansea was always fresh cockles from the market, my second favourite thing was the road in and out. (I was always particularly fascinated by the Thomas Ward scrapyard in Briton Ferry). Never found a decent record shop in Swansea

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

My favourite thing in Swansea was always fresh cockles from the market, my second favourite thing was the road in and out. (I was always particularly fascinated by the Thomas Ward scrapyard in Briton Ferry). Never found a decent record shop in Swansea

Its been a bit of a revelation for me in the last couple years since the eldest has been doing Uni there. The seafront is great, enough space never to be crowded and gorgeously windswept and raw for most of the year.

Town centre is still a bit crap. I know a good few people from just down the road in P’Talbot and they’re proper loveable pisshead rogues. 

I saw something recently and meant to go back to it, mention of a decent record shop lurking somewhere down there. But it got lost downstream on my twitter. Need to investigate that again.

Anyway, this is him...

48794718836_13f94d2409_n.jpg

peppered avocado on toast, rosti, mushroom, grilled tomato, Glamorgan sausage ..... and a jar of beans

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Me and the boy scoffed our way through about a tonne of cockles at that market spurred on by the daughter making yuck sounds ...:i seem ro recall  the road down past the beach to a little pub harbour area was ok 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Don't like the sound of that... 

It’s got one of those accent thingys above the a and pronounced more as For tal , means wooden plate rather than eat here and die :) 

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

peppered avocado on toast, rosti, mushroom, grilled tomato, Glamorgan sausage ..... and a jar of beans

Not surprised they gave it to you in a jar then. They were clearly baffled by the ordering of beans alongside avocado on toast.

You're not from round these parts, are you? Earth, I mean. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Its been a bit of a revelation for me in the last couple years since the eldest has been doing Uni there. The seafront is great, enough space never to be crowded and gorgeously windswept and raw for most of the year.

Town centre is still a bit crap. I know a good few people from just down the road in P’Talbot and they’re proper loveable pisshead rogues. 

I saw something recently and meant to go back to it, mention of a decent record shop lurking somewhere down there. But it got lost downstream on my twitter. Need to investigate that again.

Anyway, this is him...

Avocado. Avo **** ing cado. FFS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not surprised they gave it to you in a jar then. They were clearly baffled by the ordering of beans alongside avocado on toast.

You're not from round these parts, are you? Earth, I mean. 

I didn’t pick n mix it, that’s how it was!

It actually worked far better than it should have, I’ll be robbing the idea, scooping up some beans on my avocado on toast.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 16:35, choffer said:

In addition to all that my particular gripe this morning was the gits who get on the tube in the morning with rain cascading off their recently closed h2o protection devices, all over me. 

It isn't the fault of umbrellas that you passed out on the tube.

• Haha 1

I was a part of the 'Avocado on toast?! **** off hipster rocket polishers' brigade for years. Then I actually tried it and it was amazing. Really bloody lovely. I had it at BTP, on toasted sourdough with a poached egg, radish and chilli flakes. Honestly one of the best brunches I've ever had. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Viral marketing you say?

This is how you do it old school...

7605331970_f116315098_b.jpg

Spending many hours parked on the M6 this was my second favourite truck. 

Jack Richards and Sons managing expectations is still a favourite. 

jack_richards__sons-a150508-004.jpg?widt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Me and the boy scoffed our way through about a tonne of cockles at that market spurred on by the daughter making yuck sounds ...:i seem ro recall  the road down past the beach to a little pub harbour area was ok 

Christ you're hard to understand sometimes, I do wish you'd enunciate when you speak

Â