Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Following the BBC text coverage of the Spuds game yesterday Chris Sutton was one of the main BBC posters. He was described as "Ex Chelsea Striker" 

He played one bloody season at Chelsea but 6 years at Blackburn which included a Premier league title and one of the most famous striking partnerships ever.  Why do they feel the need to pander to the press obsession with the top 4 (or 6)

If Chris Sutton is ex anything it's an ex Blackburn player. 

I don't even consider him an ex Villa player and he was here as long as Chelsea.  It's bloody ridiculous and drives me barmy. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 07/05/2019 at 22:44, rodders0223 said:

When you watch a film set in a poverty stricken society, or a dystopian film, or a film where a guy is depressed or an alcoholic or living on the edge.....and the main character is built like a brick shithouse and ripped to buggery.

Just how and why?

He works out? 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Following the BBC text coverage of the Spuds game yesterday Chris Sutton was one of the main BBC posters. He was described as "Ex Chelsea Striker" 

He played one bloody season at Chelsea but 6 years at Blackburn which included a Premier league title and one of the most famous striking partnerships ever.  Why do they feel the need to pander to the press obsession with the top 4 (or 6)

I don't even consider him an ex Villa player and he was here as long as Chelsea.  It's bloody ridiculous and drives me barmy. 

It was when Dion joined “Homes under the Hammer” that they really went too far -

Dion Dublin on Homes Under The Hammer: How did the former Man Utd star switch to daytime TV?

Link

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Correct, and it's not just been Sutton, I've noticed it quite frequently recently.

It's like saying "ex-Aston Villa left back, David Unsworth" ...

On 07/05/2019 at 22:44, rodders0223 said:

When you watch a film set in a poverty stricken society, or a dystopian film, or a film where a guy is depressed or an alcoholic or living on the edge.....and the main character is built like a brick shithouse and ripped to buggery.

Just how and why?

MV5BOTA3NTI2MzMwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY0

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

could be trying to get a call and response going?

The urge to sing that song is only ever a whim away.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It was when Dion joined “Homes under the Hammer” that they really went too far -

Link

Sky Sports  reported former Spurs and Blackburn keeper Brad Friedel had been sacked from his job yesterday

50 games at Spuds  ... 114 at Villa

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sky Sports reported former [Highest profile club] and [the one he's synonymous with] keeper Brad Friedel had been sacked from his job yesterday

Standard.

EDIT : You're in the right thread :P 

This news article...

Rediculous

A San Francisco teacher on extended sick leave due to breast cancer has had to pay for her own substitute, sparking a nationwide outcry over the policy.

what the actual!! 

(How do I make some of it appear in the post on mobile?) 

Oh bollocks, I have just been re-informed that our Australian nephew and his friend are staying for a couple of days next week. I have now been informed that they are meeting me after work to get a lift home. Worse gets worse again

I've only met him a few times, he was 13 last time about ten years ago, he was an annoying dick then

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh bollocks, I have just been re-informed that our Australian nephew and his friend are staying for a couple of days next week. I have now been informed that they are meeting me after work to get a lift home. Worse gets worse again

I've only met him a few times, he was 13 last time about ten years ago, he was an annoying dick then

13 is pretty much annoying dick central. He may have mellowed. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

13 is pretty much annoying dick central. He may have mellowed. 

I had the misfortune of having my cousins 20 year old daughter stay a few years ago. Utterly, utterly obnoxious. She refused to speak to me unless she needed money, she’d eat me out of house and home and left notes around the house telling me when I needed to taxi her about. 

When she saw any other member of the family during her stay, she’s tell them she was starving because there was never any food in the house and that she’d run out of money. We reckoned she combed her way to about £300 in total. 

Never again. 

This one is all of my own doing. I'm about halfway through "The Great Record Cleaning Project." I now can't find a thing when I want it as they are literally currently filed under. Old Stuff & New Stuff. So record cleaning has to be halted today. Filing alphabetically has begun

I'm not bothered about the order they appear within the confines of the particular band

Compilations will be in their own section - alphabetically by title

Solo artists filed under surname.

If bands have aliases the alias band will be filed under its own name e.g. Ciccone Youth will be filed under C not S with the Sonic Youth vinyl (Edit: exception - anything Pete Wylie will be filed under Wah - Same with any variant of Thee Oh Sees)

My head is wrecked, too much thinking (albeit simplistic)

EDIT2: 10" get filed separately to 12"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

This one is all of my own doing. I'm about halfway through "The Great Record Cleaning Project." I now can't find a thing when I want it as they are literally currently filed under. Old Stuff & New Stuff. So record cleaning has to be halted today. Filing alphabetically has begun

I'm not bothered about the order they appear within the confines of the particular band

Compilations will be in their own section - alphabetically by title

Solo artists filed under surname.

If bands have aliases the alias band will be filed under its own name e.g. Ciccone Youth will be filed under C not S with the Sonic Youth vinyl (Edit: exception - anything Pete Wylie will be filed under Wah - Same with any variant of Thee Oh Sees)

My head is wrecked, too much thinking (albeit simplistic)

EDIT2: 10" get filed separately to 12"

I have new stuff shelves and then everything else shelves and nothing is sorted in any order. CDs I could put my hand on it in seconds, Vinyl would take hours. My Cash stuff is pretty much together though. 

• Like 2

Â