Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 12/05/2019 at 13:56, Michelsen said:

It’s kind of like sitting on death row (only I have noooooo appetite for a least meal.)

Haha. Probably the worst comparison I've ever read, but I get exactly what you mean 😂

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2019 at 16:50, bickster said:

Yet they all do it, press the button, some even wait until it tells them to cross

In Germany this is law-abiding behaviour

• Like 1

On 12/05/2019 at 15:09, rjw63 said:

Pedestrians who push the crossing lights before seeing if there's any traffic to actually stop.

How about people who press the button when the WAIT light is illuminated, or people who repeatedly press the button like they can make it change quicker. Or how about people who come and press the button while you’re stood next to it, waiting, like you forgot to. OR, the people that are stood at the crossing and haven’t pressed the button.

Too large a proportion of the population do these things.

On a similar note, how about people who try to open a toilet door when the red occupied indicator is on the lock. Seriously, how oblivious can you be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How about people who press the button when the WAIT light is illuminated, or people who repeatedly press the button like they can make it change quicker. Or how about people who come and press the button while you’re stood next to it, waiting, like you forgot to. OR, the people that are stood at the crossing and haven’t pressed the button.

Too large a proportion of the population do these things.

On a similar note, how about people who try to open a toilet door when the red occupied indicator is on the lock. Seriously, how oblivious can you be.

people who press both escalator buttons

On 12/05/2019 at 16:50, bickster said:

some even wait until it tells them to cross, others press the button then march across, I don't get either

See that I don't mind.  If you've pressed the button then **** wait.  At least it serves a purpose then.  There's little more annoying than a pedestrian red light and not a sinner in sight.  If you see someone pressing the button and not waiting for the red then you should legally be allowed throw rocks at them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/05/2019 at 22:37, chappy said:

In Germany this is law-abiding behaviour

Yeah you can get an on the spot fine of €25 I think if they catch you crossing the road not at the lights or when the lights are red, people stand by it too, in the morning I've got a crossing that's a shitter, good 5 mins between each stop so if I know I'm not going to make it I'll weave diagonally through the stood still cars to get across, they look at you like you've just beamed down 

I am gangster though obviously 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/05/2019 at 23:15, bickster said:

So is paying a percentage of your income in tax to your church

Think it's different per region, set €30 a month here, my missus recently left much to the bemusement of her family, they are surprisingly really religious here 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Think it's different per region, set €30 a month here, my missus recently left much to the bemusement of her family, they are surprisingly really religious here 

It is definitely different per region. My daughter lived in Hannover for 5 months last year, it didn't affect her but her best mate who was with her, is a dual national German so she had to go to the town hall to opt out of it. I think some regions are 8% and some are 9%

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

people who press both escalator buttons

depends on the lifts, We have some offices down the road from the main site that we rent from the council, two lifts and the buttons are not linked to each other

Just now, bickster said:

depends on the lifts, We have some offices down the road from the main site that we rent from the council, two lifts and the buttons are not linked to each other

but surely one is for up and one is for down?

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

but surely one is for up and one is for down?

AH if you mean both the up and down buttons at the same time, then they are dicks, I thought you meant two up buttons for example

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

AH if you mean both the up and down buttons at the same time, then they are dicks, I thought you meant two up buttons for example

my whole point has been a disaster

Yeah, I meant the sort of shopping mall zombie that appears to be particularly attracted to St Davids SC in Cardiff where there appears to be a local custom of everyone pressing every button with all the lifts full of people going up and down for ride.

These are the same people that get to decide our economic and social futures with their votes of equal worth to mine.

Though tbf, they probably know the difference between a lift and an escalator.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

my whole point has been a disaster

Yeah, I meant the sort of shopping mall zombie that appears to be particularly attracted to St Davids SC in Cardiff where there appears to be a local custom of everyone pressing every button with all the lifts full of people going up and down for ride.

These are the same people that get to decide our economic and social futures with their votes of equal worth to mine.

Though tbf, they probably know the difference between a lift and an escalator.

Sounds like you need a stairlift.

• Like 2

Â