Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, bickster said:

There's a whole topic dedicated to this subject and it's full of people moaning about S0E03

Yeah sorry I wasn't trying to kick off in this thread about it, I was just trying to be humourous 😔

I think my biggest gripe is doctors thinking it's acceptable to set appointments with clients, only to never **** keep them. It's the only professional group in Norway who thinks it's ok to leave a customer waiting 30 minutes and that's to be expected. Last time I just walked out. Doctors can to **** themselves. Literally the only professional group I've ever met who can't figure out how to keep appointments. clearings in the woods the lot of them. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think my biggest gripe is doctors thinking it's acceptable to set appointments with clients, only to never **** keep them. It's the only professional group in Norway who thinks it's ok to leave a customer waiting 30 minutes and that's to be expected. Last time I just walked out. Doctors can to **** themselves. Literally the only professional group I've ever met who can't figure out how to keep appointments. clearings in the woods the lot of them. 

Assuming we're talking about general practitioners (your local doctor), I assume the problem lies in not knowing how long each consultation is going to take. If they allow (say) ten minutes per patient, over the course of a day some sessions may turn out to be shorter, but some will inevitably overrrun. You may say they should be stricter about timing, but if you are the one with a complex or particularly worrying problem, you aren't going to be happy to be told: "STOP - that's it, time's up, get out.... NEXT!" 

As long as we're not talking hours, I'm quite happy to be patient (no pun intended) in a doctor's waiting room. 

• Like 4

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but that's obviously a load of bollocks. I work private consultancy myself, and while I never know how long a job will take I always hold true to appointments. So do most electricians, plumbers, carpenters and what not. Doctors on the other hand don't. Just a profession filled with disorganized slackers.  

About 4-8 weeks ago I needed a medicine so checked the opening hours at my local doctor. It opened 8 am. I normally start work 6-7 am, but kinda needed the medicine so decided to wait. When I got there a quarter to 8, there was a sign saying they opened 9 despite what it said online. I had to wait another hour, but at least I was first in line. I sat down, and at 930 this fat bitch came stumbling into work with no excuses offered. Then she spent 20 minutes taking her coat off and starting her computer, despite me pointing out I had been waiting on her fat arse for 90 minutes. They are just obnoxious. Hate the lot of them. Absolutely no respect for people's time, and why should they. They have zero competition for their pay check. 

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You may say they should be stricter about timing, but if you are the one with a complex or particularly worrying problem, you aren't going to be happy to be told: "STOP - that's it, time's up, get out.... NEXT!" 

Actually that's exactly what they should say. If you have a problem that warrants so much time it will affect others in que, then book an hourly appointment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually that's exactly what they should say. If you have a problem that warrants so much time it will affect others in que, then book an hourly appointment. 

So rather than going for a regular appointment. which let's say takes 10 minutes, and runs over for 15 minutes - you'd rather they leave after the 10 minutes and re-book another appointment, which probably won't take an hour, for an hour?

So in your head, 25 minutes to completely address a problem is worse than 1hr 10 minutes (included the wasted time of said patient leaving the hour appointment after half hour).

For someone who gets precious about time spent on gym equipment, I would worry about your own efficiency, rather than the Dr's and the surgery's and all of the time efficiency data they probably have and use to squeeze as much efficiency as they can out of the Dr's.

And as for comparing YOUR "consultancy" time over a Dr's time? :crylaugh:  

Very comparable I'm sure. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes. Because if you book an hour and pay for it, you have control over your own time. The alternative is what you see now where they have zero incentives to be effective and time is wasted. 

The notion that doctors need to have 100% uptime is pure shite. They should make sure their services are practical and respectful to their clients, like almost all other professions. If not all. 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but that's obviously a load of bollocks. I work private consultancy myself, and while I never know how long a job will take I always hold true to appointments. So do most electricians, plumbers, carpenters and what not. Doctors on the other hand don't. Just a profession filled with disorganized slackers.  

About 4-8 weeks ago I needed a medicine so checked the opening hours at my local doctor. It opened 8 am. I normally start work 6-7 am, but kinda needed the medicine so decided to wait. When I got there a quarter to 8, there was a sign saying they opened 9 despite what it said online. I had to wait another hour, but at least I was first in line. I sat down, and at 930 this fat bitch came stumbling into work with no excuses offered. Then she spent 20 minutes taking her coat off and starting her computer, despite me pointing out I had been waiting on her fat arse for 90 minutes. They are just obnoxious. Hate the lot of them. Absolutely no respect for people's time, and why should they. They have zero competition for their pay check. 

Frankly I'm astounded and find it very difficult to believe.

I'm not saying you're lying but do plumbers in Norway really turn up on time?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I’ve spent far more time waiting for electricians, plumbers and deliveries than I have waiting for my GP. As others have said, precise scheduling at a GP clinic is almost impossible. They’re not paid by the hour, they’re paid per patient. 

I’m sure some GPs are slackers, but mostly they are just overworked. 

• Like 1

The fact that they are paid per pasient is exactly the problem. Such a stupid fecking system. No wonder they don't respect patients time. Anyway, I've given up on GPs and use a private arrangement now. Bit steeper, but they respect your time and actually know their field of expertise. 

And it's beyond me how any one in this country can claim they spend more time waiting on electricians than doctors. They actually aren't paid unless they show up. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but that's obviously a load of bollocks.

Just a profession filled with disorganized slackers.  

fat bitch came stumbling into work

They are just obnoxious.

Yep, that was definitely the word that came to mind when I was reading that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Being disrespectful to those who don't respect you goes with the territory, i.e. doctors. My initial post was to Mj, but you know this, so not sure why I bother responding. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And it's beyond me how any one in this country can claim they spend more time waiting on electricians than doctors. They actually aren't paid unless they show up. 

Blows my mind as well, but the amount of times I've booked an appointment and they don't bother showing up pisses me off. More bafflingly, I had a couple to show up, look at the problem, give me a reasonable quote, then never bother showing up to actually fix it. They just wasted their time coming out and not getting paid for it.

Seems to be a general tradesmen issue though, I had the same with plumbers and roofers. I guess there's so much work, they don't worry about just ignoring custom if a better job comes along.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The fact that they are paid per pasient is exactly the problem. Such a stupid fecking system. No wonder they don't respect patients time. Anyway, I've given up on GPs and use a private arrangement now. Bit steeper, but they respect your time and actually know their field of expertise. 

So you understand that if anything is to blame, it’s the system, not GPs being «slackers»? The system is incentivised towards taking on as many patients as you can, not towards maintaining a generous schedule with wide margines. GPs aren’t being slackers, they are having to overbook their schedules to make sure they make money. 

And, yes, I have spent more time waiting on electricians, plumbers and deliveries. The electrician is paid by the hour, and will usually make vague appointments (I’ll be there between 8 and noon, probably, maybe). If a job takes longer than planned, he can just charge you the extra hours. A GP can’t do that. 

Â