Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who leave car park sticky tickets stuck to the inside of their windows. Saw a car yesterday with about 20 stuck on the inside of the drivers window. Why are you so lazy?!

Someone I work with still has a bloody tax disc on display. It almost physically hurts me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

People who leave car park sticky tickets stuck to the inside of their windows. Saw a car yesterday with about 20 stuck on the inside of the drivers window. Why are you so lazy?!

My missus comes to mind here, she's not so bad with parking tickets but in general the shit she leaves in the car, one day I got in her car and there was so much paper on the floor I thought she was keeping a rabbit in their

7 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

in-laws invited to ours for a weekend BBQ, they bring NOTHING, they eat our food, they drink my beer and Mrs T's  wine , muggins had to go to shop and get more, they get drunk and have a big argument, because they know everything about everything, yet cant have a debate because they are thick twts, but they can shout loudest. Even sat in my sun lounger not the green plastic chairs we brought especially.

Why shouldn't this piss me off . Because it always happens   

I can top that. Friends of mine regularly have soirées and parties, boxing night buffet type gatherings etc. and a well to do retired couple always bring along happy shopper brand booze but don't touch it as they're too busy helping themselves to the quality drink. 

However, as well as grabbing a couple of doggy bags of uneaten grub they also bring home the booze they brought along at the start of the night !

I wouldn't mind if they were a couple of old buggers on the bread line but they're very comfortably off. 

That's probably why !

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I wouldn't mind if they were a couple of old buggers on the bread line but they're very comfortably off. 

That's probably why !

Was it this couple?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This shouldn't annoy me, but it kinda does, weird as it is. People who are paying gym members and spend their time walking on treadmills. Not for warm-up, but genuinly walk there instead of walking outside in the sun. Just why 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Lovable ol' scamp 'Arry gone got his cash-in adverts on the telly din'e, good for 'im, guess e's cashin' in his I'm A Celebrity winnin's in'e Sandra. Two of 'em at once! Two different companies! Crackin', lickin' 'is chops all the way to the J Arthur Rank 'e must be. 

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I were responsible for a medium-sized gambling company called BetMeldrew or something I might think twice before outsourcing my brand identity to a guy who's notorious for his inability to read or count, and considered financially dodgy even by people who like him, but what do I know. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Lovable ol' scamp 'Arry gone got his cash-in adverts on the telly din'e, good for 'im, guess e's cashin' in his I'm A Celebrity winnin's in'e Sandra. Two of 'em at once! Two different companies! Crackin', lickin' 'is chops all the way to the J Arthur Rank 'e must be. 

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I were responsible for a medium-sized gambling company called BetMeldrew or something I might think twice before outsourcing my brand identity to a guy who's notorious for his inability to read or count, and considered financially dodgy even by people who like him, but what do I know. 

In fairness he's just a spokesman for his dog, who's very good with the old finances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This shouldn't annoy me, but it kinda does, weird as it is. People who are paying gym members and spend their time walking on treadmills. Not for warm-up, but genuinly walk there instead of walking outside in the sun. Just why 

The amount of wasted time and money going on in the average gym is enough to make you question your belief in humanity. 

6 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

The amount of wasted time and money going on in the average gym is enough to make you question your belief in humanity. 

That I straight out disagree with. Most people I come across are genuinly there to get fit. I'd argue the money spent there relatively speaking is nothing and should be tax refundable. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That I straight out disagree with. Most people I come across are genuinly there to get fit. I'd argue the money spent there relatively speaking is nothing and should be tax refundable. 

Different experiences, probably. I just find there are always loads of people just walking on a mill when they could be walking outside, like you say, people doing half reps on free weights, or people spending ages on crap machines when they should be on free weights etc etc. Don’t get me wrong, it’s better they do that than nothing, but half the people in gyms I’ve used are either wasting their time on inefficiant work outs, or wasting their money doing stuff they could have done without spending 30 quid a month on a gym membership. 

The money being wasted in gyms isn't by the people in there doing the wrong thing.

It's by the hoards of people who spend hundreds of pounds a year on gym memberships and never walk through the doors.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The money being wasted in gyms isn't by the people in there doing the wrong thing.

It's by the hoards of people who spend hundreds of pounds a year on gym memberships and never walk through the doors.

Obviously very true. That’s a whole new chapter.

14 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I just find there are always loads of people just walking on a mill when they could be walking outside,

Far be it from me to get involved in gym conversations but

(1) some people find a treadmill a much better experience because they have weak joints that are unsutable for walking long distances on even slightly uneven terrain (thats me - both my ankles are absolutely shot through a combination of Rugby and Skiing injuries)

(2) The programmable speed/incline thing isn't really easy to replicate in the real world either

Same goes for a bike, I'd much rather ride one in a gym than risk it on the roads

What next, look at these twunts on the rowing machine, surely it be as easy just to get in a boat and row?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

What next, look at these twunts on the rowing machine, surely it be as easy just to get in a boat and row?

Well, that’s not really a fair comparison is it? Most people don’t really have access to a boat and navigable water. 

As for the rest of your post, fair enough. I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I won’t argue. 

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

Well, that’s not really a fair comparison is it? Most people don’t really have access to a boat and navigable water. 

As for the rest of your post, fair enough. I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I won’t argue. 

Most people don't have access to a cushioned  even surface that rises and falls at will that is MUCH better on your joints than pounding the pavement at even walking pace

That treadmill is exactly like a boat in that most people who need them don't have access to their own

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Most people don't have access to a cushioned  even surface that rises and falls at will that is MUCH better on your joints than pounding the pavement at even walking pace

That treadmill is exactly like a boat in that most people who need them don't have access to their own

👍

There is this lady at work I am not sure has much of a social life, so weekends and especially holidays, she comes back and chats your absolute ear off.

Mate, I am trying to digest 3 evening easter eggs and the last remnants of at least a dozen pints. Give me a break.

• Haha 2

Â