Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Fly tippers.

On the way home from work, I get off at j4 of the M5 and drive over clent/romsley on country lanes.  So many times now, you see black bin liners of rubbish, seemingly casually tossed on verges or pull ins.  The worst however, is a field which is surrounded by a wooden/metal fence.  Some idiot has driven OVER the fence, up a field (about 200 yards) and dumped what must be 60-100 black bags full of rubbish.  It looks absolutely horrendous.

Can you imagine the mindset of the people who decide to act like this?  To drive through a fence, through a field and the spend what must be 10 mins lobbing that many bags of rubbish into a hedge?

It makes me angry. 

I'd love to go through the rubbish, find a letter, go to that address and find out who did it.  

There isn't a word strong enough to describe my hatred of the people that do it.

Same situation where my folks live out by the Wrekin. Every now and again i'll be driving through the country lanes and there will be a pile of bin bags discarded there. 

Scum. 

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The fact that I've been corrected twice in two days by different café owners when i asked for a medium coffee, i was told that they don't do medium, only regular or large.

Medium...regular.... what's the fckin difference ?!?!?

Stop being a posh sod and take a flask of Mellow Birds out with you! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I agree with you. But, being devil's advocate, I guess 'medium' is the middle one of three sizes (small, medium, large). When there are two sizes, they are usually regular (arguably should be called 'small') and large - so there is no middle size. That's the best I can come up with. 

Anyway, even that is better than all that  'vente' and 'grande' nonsense. 

What about sliced bread?  Only get medium, thick or toastie thick nowadays.  Surely there must be something below medium you have to be able to get for there to be a medium slice.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What about sliced bread?  Only get medium, thick or toastie thick nowadays.  Surely there must be something below medium you have to be able to get for there to be a medium slice.

Thin sliced used to exist, it used to be colour coded too. Green = Thin, Blue = Medium, Red = Thick iirc. It was like an unwritten rule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The fact that I've been corrected twice in two days by different café owners when i asked for a medium coffee, i was told that they don't do medium, only regular or large.

Medium...regular.... what's the fckin difference ?!?!?

Next time say "I knew you were going to say that"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Yeah it's hardly in disguise is it ?

Makes them stand out if anything.

On that note... our local pub has an outside drinking (well, let's face it, smoking) area round the back. They've decided to rename it the 'secret garden'. So the place (and its FB page) is now full of big signs advertising it. "This way to The Secret Garden", etc. 

• Haha 2

The fact I can't justify spending hundreds on a new phone because my current one is perfectly good, and will be for the foreseeable future - but I want a new shiny phone.  That really shouldn't annoy me.  Call it a mild irritation.

• Like 3

Netflix.

Its a shadow of its former self a few years ago. Most of the good stuff has been removed (californication/entourage etc...) or cancelled (Colony, Marvel stuff). The exclusives/originals are of a varying quality and imo are getting worse and the suggestions are the same old rubbish recycled and repeated across all the categories. It’s even worse for films. Every film I think of is never bloody on there and I have to settle for something else instead.

Is it me just having exhausted most of the good stuff or is it genuinely in a lull? Thinking of cancelling it if I’m honest. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Netflix.

Its a shadow of its former self a few years ago. Most of the good stuff has been removed (californication/entourage etc...) or cancelled (Colony, Marvel stuff). The exclusives/originals are of a varying quality and imo are getting worse and the suggestions are the same old rubbish recycled and repeated across all the categories. It’s even worse for films. Every film I think of is never bloody on there and I have to settle for something else instead.

Is it me just having exhausted most of the good stuff or is it genuinely in a lull? Thinking of cancelling it if I’m honest. 

Maybe they're shifting their target demographic to old gits, because I think it's improving. 

• Like 1

Â