Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sorry, but those two pronunciations are up there with the now almost universal inability to pronounce the word 'the' correctly on my hate list. 

It's MISS-ch-vuss. 

Restaurateur (NO 'n') 

'the' when before a word beginning with a vowel is 'thee', not 'thuh' (which is for words beginning with a consonant). 

I see you

_-rLZl-FEeg5k74oneUI6rghhKSPWMi2qd_JBCOc

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The Villa shop website is quite possibly the worst I have ever used.

Take my money please. Do you not want my money. JUST LET ME **** CHECKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not long on there myself. Thinking of getting myself an xmas jumper. Don’t like the look of them though. The ones last year were better. 

On 02/12/2018 at 20:57, peterms said:

People on Amazon product questions who reply by saying "Sorry, I have no idea".

Did you think the question was directed to you, personally, rather thsn the entire internet?  Imbecile.

It's the same on TripAdvisor.

I assumed there must be some way to ask a question to a specific reviewer and it then displays it as a general question, because the amount of times people answer "I don't know" is too often. People can't be that stupid... can they?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Umbrellas.

Specifically in cities. They should be banned.

I've been criticised by my partner for responding to thoughtless umbrella users by walking with my hand in front of my head, preferring to knock their umbrella out of the way rather than me take one in the eye because they can't be arsed to show the most basic consideration.

We did not reach agreement.  However, I still have both my eyes.

Though I find there are fewer umbrellas in Scotland than down south.  Umbrellas are mainly used by tourists, who often find them turning themselves inside out.  Cagoules are so much more practical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

I've been criticised by my partner for responding to thoughtless umbrella users by walking with my hand in front of my head, preferring to knock their umbrella out of the way rather than me take one in the eye because they can't be arsed to show the most basic consideration.

Though I find there are fewer umbrellas in Scotland than down south.  Umbrellas are mainly used by tourists, who often find them turning themselves inside out.  Cagoules are so much more practical.

Being fairly tall, most umbrellas are at eye level, so trying to walk through a crowded area in the rain is a minefield.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The final of Sky Arts Landscape Painter 2018.... 

I know art is subjective but that was an utter bobbins result... can’t be arsed to watch the commission program now :( 

Were you the only person watching? I think so :mrgreen:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Umbrellas made from snake oil, the emperor's new clothes and fool's gold

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I was sat behind a big 4x4 at some traffic lights last night and it's not centrally placed registration plate was irrationally irritating me

This is a very new phenomenon for me

The new Discovery I assume.

I hate it. It used to be not central to accommodate the big spare wheel that was kept on the back door.
Now they don't have the big spare wheel, but kept the off centre placing because they felt it was iconic.

I think it looks shit.

It's a shame because from the front it's not a bad looking car.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The new Discovery I assume.

I hate it. It used to be not central to accommodate the big spare wheel that was kept on the back door.
Now they don't have the big spare wheel, but kept the off centre placing because they felt it was iconic.

I think it looks shit.

It's a shame because from the front it's not a bad looking car.

Ah yes, thats it. I think it must have been the new Disco. It's the lack of spare wheel, thats why it annoys, there's no logic to the placement. Thanks now I've realised why it bugged me

• Like 1

Â