Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Recall e mail?

To recall and replace a message

1. In the folder pane on the left of the Outlook window, choose the Sent Items folder.

2. Open the message that you want to recall. You must double-click to open the message. Selecting the message so it appears in the reading pane won't allow you to recall the message.

3. From the Message tab, select Actions > Recall This Message.

Recall a message

First thing I tried. But it failed.

It's fine, will just be a sheepish explanation later :D 

Sinead O'Connor. 

Or whatever her name is now.

Btw - in case I get accused of being an islamaphobe,  I would like to state here and now that i have always thought of her as an untalented pain in the hole.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ah Sinead. Our national treasure. Remind me. Is Islam big on feminism ?

Exactly. Me mam used to give out yards about "dat mad wan !" and say "shhr I wouldn't mind if she could actually sing either !" as she put on another Sean O' Sé record on?

I can't believe anyone who has reached adulthood would convert to any religion.

Childhood indoctrination makes sense, but anyone that has lived without it suddenly deciding, 'oh, that god stuff sounds about right' baffles me.

• Like 1

I think Sinead has her demons that she battles with on a regular basis.
I’m happy to give her some space and cut her some slack and not worry too much about this week’s ‘thing’. She’ll be a hindu goth or a steam punk pagan by Christmas.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I can't believe anyone who has reached adulthood would convert to any religion.

Childhood indoctrination makes sense, but anyone that has lived without it suddenly deciding, 'oh, that god stuff sounds about right' baffles me.

Happens all the time.

Perfectly reasonable though, even if it is misguided.

I  volunteer for a Christian organisation, The Salvation Army, helping the homeless.

Although it receives large grants for having a given number of volunteers working certain events and programs, which I assume would go into operations and not pockets.

It is genuinely one of the best things I've been involved in. The quality of character around and the speeches that are made at events can be quite profound.

Not all of the workers or volunteers are religious, but the people who run it instill a moral compass that is so obviously genuine and if I'm honest, quite often lost on those who proclaim science as having all the answers.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Happens all the time.

Perfectly reasonable though, even if it is misguided.

I  volunteer for a Christian organisation, The Salvation Army, helping the homeless.

Although it receives large grants for having a given number of volunteers working certain events and programs, which I assume would go into operations and not pockets.

It is genuinely one of the best things I've been involved in. The quality of character around and the speeches that are made at events can be quite profound.

Not all of the workers or volunteers are religious, but the people who run it instill a moral compass that is so obviously genuine and if I'm honest, quite often lost on those who proclaim science as having all the answers.

I am offended by that last paragraph. All tbe atheists I personally know have a very strong moral compass. I know a few godbotherers who really don't. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I am offended by that last paragraph. All tbe atheists I personally know have a very strong moral compass. I know a few godbotherers who really don't. 

Don't be. Not that it's my place to tell you how to feel, but it was certainly not meant to imply that atheism or an interest in science are indicative of a lack of moral compass as a general rule.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Sinead O'Connor. ...  untalented

Untalented! Christ (or alternative deity's name taken in vain, select as applicable).

She's got loads of musical talent. And apart from liking her music, there's also the thing she did in madison Square Garden, speaking out  against abuse in the Catholic church, before anyone else. She got  pelters for it at the time, but she was right and she was brave. She's alright by me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

\I  volunteer for a Christian organisation, The Salvation Army, helping the homeless.

Close friend of mine works for them at the staff headquarters here in Manhattan. He's been in the army since he was a kid.

He says the leadership is one of the most corrupt group of individuals he's ever had the displeasure of meeting and the organization is absolutely swimming in cash - which the leadership take great glee in embezzling off the top to their friends and themselves.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Whilst I agree with you ...Were they born and brought up as atheists or did they go to a C of E school  and get raised by parents who installed a sense of moral compass into them based on for arguments sake Christian values ?

im a non believer but i was raised not to steal , not to kill and not to covet my neighbours ox   ... all fairly obvious stuff of course  but is that compass a result of theology or would we have got there regardless ? 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Whilst I agree with you ...Were they born and brought up as atheists or did they go to a C of E school  and get raised by parents who installed a sense of moral compass into them based on for arguments sake Christian values ?

im a non believer but i was raised not to steal , not to kill and not to covet my neighbours ox   ... all fairly obvious stuff of course  but is that compass a result of theology or would we have got there regardless ? 

Good question. Without asking around, I don't know. But I do know about my own children, who are now 30 and 28. They have a moral code, and they weren't 'raised as' anything, except as human beings. 

Short answer: we'd have got there regardless. It's evolutionarily advantageous (despite the tiresome public misunderstanding of the term 'selfish gene'). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Sinead O'Connor. 

Or whatever her name is now.

Btw - in case I get accused of being an islamaphobe,  I would like to state here and now that i have always thought of her as an untalented pain in the hole.

Wasn't she a lesbian or bisexual at one point? How does her new favourite religion fit in with that? 

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Come on Tonezone..

We all know you'd sell your mom if it meant you could get BA Airmiles.. ?

Â