Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah, and I read Playboy for the interesting articles on property values in California

I don't actually choose to watch Strictly, for the band or any other reason. If it was down to me, it wouldn't be on. But the missus enjoys it, and (as I said upthread), I find it much more tolerable than the likes of X Factor, The Voice, etc. - if they were on, I'd leave the room. So I read a book, with one eye on the TV. It's mildly interesting to see how the celebs (most of whom I've never heard of, tbh) adapt to the fairly rigorous training required. Some of them (often the sports people, unsurprisingly) put in pretty impressive performances. The whole public voting thing is a farce, obviously, but I could look at Darcy Bussell all day long!  :)

And like I say, the band are impressively versatile. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Aha, you've watched it, then?  :)

Aha! I would say I've "observed it" is being more accurate. 

The times I've had my arm twisted into visiting my mother & sister back in the UK I invariably have to endure sitting around watching such drivel as SCD and Eastenders/Corrie etc.

(As you can guess there's nothing I love more than flying thousands of miles to have those cultural experiences :thumb:)

• Like 4

Yeah I don't mind Strictly, I think it genuinely is a competition based on often untapped talent and hard work.  The X Factor I just can't watch. I did try a few minutes a few weeks ago but not only do I find Robbie Williams an absolute bell end but his wife's plastic face made me feel queasy.

That's another thing that pisses me off that shouldn't, women who spend a fortune on face lifts and all sorts.  It makes me feel shallow for judging them on their vanity.  I really shouldn't care if people feel they are enhancing themselves by going through all that work, but it does annoy me.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I don't mind Strictly, I think it genuinely is a competition based on often untapped talent and hard work.  The X Factor I just can't watch. I did try a few minutes a few weeks ago but not only do I find Robbie Williams an absolute bell end but his wife's plastic face made me feel queasy.

That's another thing that pisses me off that shouldn't, women who spend a fortune on face lifts and all sorts.  It makes me feel shallow for judging them on their vanity.  I really shouldn't care if people feel they are enhancing themselves by going through all that work, but it does annoy me.

Lips sponsored by the local trout farm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The seemingly new phenomenon of confusing led and lead.

"The policeman lead him away".

Actually, that's more the relatively new phenomena of journalists being useless and lazy, fact-checking and spell checking are a thing of the past, the only sauce they often know is made by Heinz

• Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 08:34, Stevo985 said:

I just put a kiss at the end of a work email. To somebody important.

That's going to be embarrassing. 

Put a kiss on every email going forward. That'll solve it. 

I'm not a big F1 fan, nor do I dislike it either, I can take it or leave it. But the alerts I was getting today about Lewis Hamilton "closing in on history", "in his bid to make history" etc. were really getting on my tits

He's now the joint second in terms of winning the F1 championship, how the hell is that making history. It's not even one of those "in the modern era" things because Schumacher is at the top with two more wins. So he needs another 3 titles to make history. 

Just more arse biscuits from the BBC

'Black Mirror' predicts real life, as Chinese train passengers are reminded not to do anything out of the ordinary as it will worsen their score in the 'individual credit information system'. The loss of control over data, and the rise of the cashless society, means that this will probably be reality here too eventually:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The loss of control over data, the rise of the cashless society, means that this will probably be reality here too eventually

Given the nature of payment systems out here in the provinces, it's not going to happen until well after I'm dead.

But I agree with the concern.

• Like 1

Â