Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Great success.  They expected 500,000 people to turn up.  Protestors hoped to get that down to about 250,000.  In the end 130,000 turned up :crylaugh: We're getting there :thumb:  

I saw one report that said: "The route was lined with crowds up to one deep in places". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I saw one report that said: "The route was lined with crowds up to one deep in places". 

And because of the potential for traffic carnage due to most of the surrounding and approaching roads being closed, everyone else steered well clear of the city centre.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Great success.  They expected 500,000 people to turn up.  Protestors hoped to get that down to about 250,000.  In the end 130,000 turned up :crylaugh: We're getting there :thumb:  

I bet the kid's were running like away like rats with the pied piper when they saw the Pope Mobile and the "Rome"crew come around the corner,  this kept the numbers down as they ran into the sea screaming.

Reminds me of the child catcher scene in Chitty Chitty bang bang but less believable.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had to pick something up in Sports Direct earlier, Jesus Christ what a cesspit of misery.

Welcome to Great Britain in 2018. 

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had to pick something up in Sports Direct earlier, Jesus Christ what a cesspit of misery.

you know nothing about cesspits of human misery until you've visited the Bootle New Strand Shopping Centre

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was in London for a long week end with Mrs T, everywhere I went I could hear Americans saying LIKE

Wow, its a tower like, with like a river and another bridge like over the water, I mean its great like 

like like like like like like F ing Like 

did my head in like  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I was in London for a long week end with Mrs T, everywhere I went I could hear Americans saying LIKE

Wow, its a tower like, with like a river and another bridge like over the water, I mean its great like 

did my head in like  

That's been mentioned in this thread before and it's a habit I've picked up a little. That and saying "Can I get.." when ordering food.

52 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

No, they were like "like". Nobody 'says' anything, they are always 'like' it. 

53 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

did my head in like  

Don't come to Liverpool, your head will implode... like

• Haha 2

I’ve said it before, but the common use of the word “random” bugs me.

If my mate asked me what I was doing at the weekend and I answered with, say, fishing (when I’ve never gone fishing before), his reply of “huh, that’s random” would annoy me.

It just sounds incorrect to me, “huh that’s unexpected” or similar sound better. Although I imagine that there are some instances when it sounds wrong to my ear, but it’s technically correct.

To my mind, my decision of going fishing would have been “random” if I had randomly selected it from a list of other activities. 

Edit - also “some random person”, when they mean a “stranger”. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’ve said it before, but the common use of the word “random” bugs me.

If my mate asked me what I was doing at the weekend and I answered with, say, fishing (when I’ve never gone fishing before), his reply of “huh, that’s random” would annoy me.

It just sounds incorrect to me, “huh that’s unexpected” or similar sound better. Although I imagine that there are some instances when it sounds wrong to my ear, but it’s technically correct.

To my mind, my decision of going fishing would have been “random” if I had randomly selected it from a list of other activities. 

Edit - also “some random person”, when they mean a “stranger”. 

Worse. I keep hearing "some random". Not even "person". 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Worse. I keep hearing "some random". Not even "person". 

I use that all the time.

I think it's pretty common these days. A "random" is someone you don't know. So yeah, basically the same as "stranger"

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I use that all the time.

I think it's pretty common these days. A "random" is someone you don't know. So yeah, basically the same as "stranger"

We can never marry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Saying "To be honest/truthful/fair" is one I'm guilty of.....why would I be any other way ?! ?

"To be perfectly honest..." is usually the preface to completely laying into someone or something. 

• Haha 1

Â