Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When you see someone has liked your post, so you click on it to see what post they agree with, and there's no like there. You go back to your notification and it's vanished.

So not only did they not agree, which is fair enough, they went out of their way to remove the like. Cheers buddy!

guess what I've just spent the last 3 minutes doing :detect:

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

guess what I've just spent the last 3 minutes doing :detect:

er,  don't tell me the prize for a correct guess is a banana

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well that sucks monkey balls.

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

er,  don't tell me the prize for a correct guess is a banana

This is a gateway game to actual monkey balls.

220px-Super_Monkey_Ball_Coverart.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Well sometimes I like to use big words even though I don't know what they mean, just so that I can sound more photosynthesis.

Very Pragmatic. An allusion from comprehensibility , often misguided synergy .

Foie gras.

Image result for simon jordan

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Google image search has changed overnight. Beyond irritating

Is this that you can't now preview pictures? 

Edit: sorry I didn't read on! Completely agree, really irritating! 

Edited by HanoiVillan

This should annoy me..

So I live in an abandoned quarry :lol:  

My garden has a back fence, which leads onto a small green service road where myself and neighbours have our garages.  Behind the garages is a red sandstone rock face, where they used to mine.  That wall is the councils.  It has lots of trees and buddleia growing from it.  The buddleia was sitting on my garage roof, so I called the council to come and cut it because after conversations with my elderly neighbours, it has been a number of years since they came to cut it all back.  They didn't cut it.  The buddleia has now broken through my asbestos roofed garage.  I call them again, and tell them it's bust the roof.  The don't come.  I call them again, they don't come.  I rang yesterday for the 6th time.  It's been raised to management level and the claims team (because rainwater has damaged my first child's cot (which was well wrapped and stored) and a load of other stuff, plus it's broken up asbestos, I can't go near it now) now have to send an inspector out and I haven't heard anything. 

So more and more of my stuff is getting ruined, and I can't go and sort it because the health and safety risks of smashed asbestos, plus I have a young kid whose garden toys are in there.  I called in early June about the problem, it's now nearly September and the monetary costs of sending a team of gardeners to just cut trees down has spiralled into what will probably be a couple of thousand pounds and a load of work for me. 

I like the idea of public services over evil private corps, but there's no way this would have been a problem if it had been managed by an evil corp.  

The inefficiency has amazed me and the incompetency and blase nature of the people I'm on the phone to.  I've asked to speak to managers/the ever elusive "green team" (which I'm told numerous times is the smallest division in the council). 

Should I be sending a letter to my local Moron in Parliament? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

TTPYOT definitely should.

Player suspended for blasphemy

Udinese's Rolando Mandragora suspended for 'blasphemous remarks'

_103219055_gettyimages-1024125378.jpg

It is not unheard of for players to be suspended for head-butting, drop-kicking fans, or even biting - if you're a certain Luis Suarez...

But being suspended for "blasphemous remarks" might just be a first.

Former Juventus midfielder Rolando Mandragora has been suspended for one Serie A game after he was caught on television cameras shouting "Porca Madonna, Vaffanculo, Dio Cane", an insult to the Virgin Mary, while also referring to God as a dog.

The outburst from the Italy international came after Sampdoria goalkeeper Emil Eudero saved his shot in a game which Mandragora's side, Udinese, won 1-0.

The remarks initially went unnoticed by officials during the match, but the Lega Serie A - the competition's governing body - later took the incident to review and suspended the 21-year-old.

"After acquiring and examining the relevant television images, the player, while cursing without referring to anybody around him, was nevertheless clearly seen by the television images to make blasphemous remarks, visibly identifiable from reading his lips without any margin for reasonable doubt," a disciplinary report from the Lega Serie A said.

Mandragora, who won the Serie A and Italian Cup with Juventus in 2017, has spent last season on loan to Crotone before signing for Udinese last month. He has one cap for Italy.

"Mandragora is a good person, the most he deserved was a warning," said Udinese coach Daniele Prade.

There is a strict ban on taking God's name in vain in Italy, and since 2010, the country's football association has disciplined players and coaches heard doing so.

Former Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon has been forced to apologise in the past for uttering the word "Dio" (God). Although, he did once claim that he had in fact said "Zio" - which means uncle.

"I apologise. If one day I will have the good fortune to meet God, he will be the one to decide whether to forgive me," Buffon said at the time.

Two years ago, Italy rugby captain Sergio Parisse was forced to apologise after being filmed uttering a blasphemous phrase before a Six Nations game against France.

And, according to the Italian FA's rules, players who wear t-shirts with personal messages to their family, or which make a reference to their religious beliefs, will also be punished.

It's not unusual for European countries have blasphemy laws on the statute book, but it is rare that they are invoked.

Write to your MP. Write to your local councillor. Look on your council's website for their official complaints policy, and submit a formal complaint rather than letting some jabroni on the phone fob you off.

Include how long this has been going on to, the potential health implications for you and the public of having broken asbestos in an open space.

They should respond to your complaint usually within about 2 working weeks. If you don't get a satisfactory response (as in 'oh shit, we'll be out to fix it right away, how much do we owe you to replace your belongings/fix your roof?'), I'd be getting legal advice.

• Thanks 1

Â