Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Which way round are you holding the umbrella?! 

Buy a decent one for 20 quid and it's Fine!

I didn't realise rain was price sensitive

Couldn't possibly ask wind to make me  come in an angle, thats a £20 brolly dontcha know!

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Turns out that new cars apparently you have to press the clutch down to start them. Calling the dealer and ranting at them that the car wont start makes you look a bit of a tool. 

Clutch down and foot on the brake in some

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never had a newish car, I was lost, for the test drive the dealer started it, and when I picked it up he started it as well. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Never had a newish car, I was lost, for the test drive the dealer started it, and when I picked it up he started it as well. 

Dont worry Seat I hired a car from enterprise last year and had the same issue!! they sent the AA man out to laugh at me so nothing was damaged but my pride :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Turns out that new cars apparently you have to press the clutch down to start them. Calling the dealer and ranting at them that the car wont start makes you look a bit of a tool. 

Wasn't there an instruction that appeared in the instrument display?

Typically, when the ignition key is turned (or ignition button pressed) without the correct pedal depressed (clutch pedal on manual cars, brake pedal on automatic cars), a message pops up in the instrument display along the lines of 'Depress clutch pedal to start vehicle'.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Reads like you mean both pedals to be depressed in some vehicles, which I have never seen. Tends to be either the clutch pedal (manual gearbox vehicles) OR brake pedal (automatic gearbox vehicles).

I'd be interested to read if anyone has driven a vehicle that needed both pedals depressed before it would start as that seems totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 16:51, KHV said:

I'd start with anyone that watches reality tv shows

Add people who get 'offended' by everything. Just today on the BBC homepage

- A Little Mix singer who has had dreadlocks being criticised as that type of hair isn't meant for her and its cultural appropriation 

- A Chinese model tweeting Happy Lunar New Year and loads of Chinese bombarding her with messages saying she's neglecting her heritage for not saying Chinese New Year instead

- This

This world! :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Add people who get 'offended' by everything. Just today on the BBC homepage

- A Little Mix singer who has had dreadlocks being criticised as that type of hair isn't meant for her and its cultural appropriation 

- A Chinese model tweeting Happy Lunar New Year and loads of Chinese bombarding her with messages saying she's neglecting her heritage for not saying Chinese New Year instead

- This

This world! :(

I was just reading the article about the dreadlocks, it's ridiculous.

Times like this I am glad I don't have Facebook/Twatter etc. The vast majority of people on social media are **** useless cockwombles

Talking of winding people up I worked with this woman years ago and she was nuts! Anyway she would piss everyone off with her attitude about having kids. She openly used to say she thought the Chinese law of one child should exist in this country! 

As she was a dog lover, a UKIP supporter and gullible as hell I'd thought I'd wind her up by telling her I was suprised by the UKIP policy to allow dog eating in this country. She was horrified. It was quite amusing to see her tell us how she may have to change the party she supported and how shocked she was. 

Anyway to add some more fuel to the fire I told her i'd always wanted to try dog so UKIP had my vote. At that point she looked at me and infront of about 4 other people said, if you want to eat dog go to India!! 

After that it wasn't fun winding her up anymore. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

no rubber band, just a constantly variable cone speed slider thingy, that's where it's at

39676842864_35fc61a5e4_n.jpg

Itis indeed the rubber band thing that annoys me. I'd played the OCS album (45rpm) then put on the Ty Segall album (33rpm) and forgot, Ty Segall on speed, frightening!

Â