Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The cult of vinyl records. 

I spent a very pleasant 30 minutes in Market Harborough Oxfam yesterday, they had some real weird stuff. Lots of Indian folk and krishna type stuff, some bollywood, acres of '50's and '60's folk and classical. Even a load of 78's. Everything from Sham69 through to musicals I'd never heard of via Sparks and Queensryche and what looked like a bunch of 'local' pressed country and western style albums by somebody from Croydon. It was like Xann had had a clear out of the stuff he thought was a bit non commercial.

Although, on the 'positive' side for you, I know turntable sales actually went down in 2017 and a couple of the retro hi fi shops I bother have gone to reduced opening days and hours. So I suspect, as a fashion thing, it might well all have peaked. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

People bouncing out of VIlla Park yesterday joyous at the fact Blues had lost 5-0.

Just **** off.

It was like that when we played Bolton the same day they got smashed (I forget who they lost to).

We were leading 1-0, a bit edgy and a fair few around me seemed more interested in their hammering than our game.

I don’t mind hearing that they’re losing, I don’t mind having a laugh at their misfortune but if i’m at the match it shouldn’t be anywhere near the focus of attention.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:30, Xela said:

Add people who get 'offended' by everything. Just today on the BBC homepage

- A Little Mix singer who has had dreadlocks being criticised as that type of hair isn't meant for her and its cultural appropriation 

I hate this 'cultural appropriation' argument. It's one step away from telling people who they can marry and fall in love with.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I hate this 'cultural appropriation' argument. It's one step away from telling people who they can marry and fall in love with.

In my first year at university, I was accosted on a bus by a religious nutter - Ba'hai in this case - who explained that tbe world would be a better place if there was more racial intermarriage and everybody ended up light brown. I agreed with him. Then he asked me to PROMISE I would marry somebody from a different race. I conceded that this was a possibilty, but reserved the right to marry a white woman if that's the way it worked out. This seemed to annoy him. 

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In my first year at university, I was accosted on a bus by a religious nutter - Ba'hai in this case - who explained that tbe world would be a better place if there was more racial intermarriage and everybody ended up light brown. I agreed with him. Then he asked me to PROMISE I would marry somebody from a different race. I conceded that this was a possibilty, but reserved the right to marry a white woman if that's the way it worked out. This seemed to annoy him. 

I’d almost certainly guarentee you’d still end up with racism over what shade of light brown 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Schools threatening to suspend kids for what they deem “extreme hairstyles”. **** off back to 1890.

I remember reading about the academy in London where they have to shuffle silently down the corridors, and stick to the correct lane:

4368.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Â