Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently up until around 1960s or so obesity was quite uncommon.  So you could say it's not in our natural makeup to find overweight women attractive.

im chatting shit aren't I? 

Historically bigger women were considered more attractive. Fertility idols across cultures show women with bigger proportions as well as exaggerated feminine features. In much of classical art women are 'chubby'. 

There is a theory that larger women were thought to be healthier in our ancestry, and being bigger suggested they were better able to have children (bigger hips thought to be better able to give birth etc).

Being thin being associated with attractiveness is a fairly new phenomenon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Historically bigger women were considered more attractive. Fertility idols across cultures show women with bigger proportions as well as exaggerated feminine features. In much of classical art women are 'chubby'. 

There is a theory that larger women were thought to be healthier in our ancestry, and being bigger suggested they were better able to have children (bigger hips thought to be better able to give birth etc).

Larger women is one thing. But clinically obese is a fairly recent phenomenon surely? 

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I always thought it was because being bigger was a sign of wealth. Only the rich could afford to be fat. 

It was the nice car of the olden days

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Larger women is one thing. But clinically obese is a fairly recent phenomenon surely? 

That's changing the goalposts a bit, overweight didn't necessarily mean obese. Still...

a-female-fertility-idol-pictures_csp4309

Things like that are tens of thousands of years old.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always thought it was because being bigger was a sign of wealth. Only the rich could afford to be fat. 

There's that as well, certainly in more recent times. However its probably difficult to say how much 'wealth' was a thing tens of thousands of years ago, and beyond.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That's changing the goalposts a bit, overweight didn't necessarily mean obese. Still...

a-female-fertility-idol-pictures_csp4309

Things like that are tens of thousands of years old.

Not bad for thousands of years old, I bet she was a hottie in her twenties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Still is in a lot of Asian countries. Being overweight is a sign of success.

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I need to move to one these countries, I'd look VERY successful.

A friend of my wife's married a Chinese guy. He's always asking about their baby "Do you think he looks thin?"

So whenever my wife and I go over we always wind him up saying "wow, he's nice and thin, not too fat!" The next thing is he's trying to shove anything he can into the babies gob behind his wife's back :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Is this really that odd? I'll keep my mouth shut and let people live their life how they want to, I'm not going to start abusing people in the street because they're overweight, but there's not much I find more physically unattractive than big rolls of fat.

This country has a serious problem with obesity and I find it quite hard to tolerate this "big is beautiful" mindset.

Obviously the opposite is true as well. I'm not saying everyone should aspire and be pressured in to looking like starved fashion models. Real women do have curves - but those curves shouldn't form a **** circle, in my book.

Wow, spot on. It's great to feel good in your own skin, but if someone is actually obese then it is absolutely nothing to celebrate or promote at all. Obesity is linked to all manners of horrific health complications as well as being a big cost to health services. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought it's more do do with basic instincts in that a bloke,  let's say he's a king somewhere,  "Conga" The king of "Conga" needs an heir,  but he needs a proper one,  not a mardy ill *****er,  like a proper boy baby and that.  He has a wonder into town but there are only 2 birds who live there,  weird.  So he sees a right skinny bird with no, you know,  no boobs to speak of and she is an alcoholic as well but then he goes to the cafe for a tea,  sees "Bubbly Barbera" in the cafe who has a massive pair.  Never mind personalities, bigger bird,  healthier baby in olden times thinking.  Win for the King, win for Barbera and the other bird will be OK as well I suspect.  Let's all do the "Conga"

So that's it in a nutshell I think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Some people would be better off supporting Birmingham City, where their world view would be more appreciated.

Saying that, I've had my titties grabbed by a fat lass that tried to sell my underwear to a nigerian internet scammer, and it's not nice.

And some people would be better off living in north korea, where thier world view would be more appreciated.

Â