Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's times like this that I am glad I pay for private healthcare.

Given the option I would pick the 30 days, at least then you can put a time frame on it. Waiting for a callback could take ages and knowing the NHS they will probably lose your daughters details and not ring!

I made the mistake of going for call back but it has been a week now so going to change it. 

Im going to look in to private health care. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I made the mistake of going for call back but it has been a week now so going to change it. 

Im going to look in to private health care. I assume there are family packages?

Yes you can add spouses and children to the plans. The cost will depend on your age/postcode/health. There are different levels too and they try and bang a load of add ons too like dental cover and alternative therapies.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Has anyone had experience with rib injuries?

I've either broken, cracked or bruised one/some and I'm in agony.

I'm not being funny, but wouldn't heading down to A&E be a better idea than asking an Internet forum?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

And we are more qualified.

I've had the displeasure of seeing two hospital A&E's recently and I'd honestly rather let @lapal_fan diagnose me. 

You're meant to be dead.  In order to speed up the process, please kill yourself. 

NEXT. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Maybe you shouldn't be DIY'ing rib removal just so you can suck your own knob.  God knows nobody else will go near that little red nubbin. 

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

They make the rockin' world go round.

Loved that tune when I was a kid! 

And it's right, they do indeed! 

Gimme a nice juicy bum and a pair of thighs that wrap round your ears like fleshy pillows any day of the week! 

I have a friend (it's true!) who is properly weird when it comes to 'big girls'. We have taken him to task over it many times, and as with most people I don't really care what you're into/not into but I am interested in why, so with him it's not like he hates fat people and cant be agreeable but he admits to judging them all for being slovenly. I have suggested he takes the @wazzap24 route many times, but it's a kind of physical disgust, like it's properly one of the worst things he could ever imagine. I've tried really hard to work it out, Did he kiss the big girl in school and get teased? Has he had a bad experience or suffered rejection at an early age? No, apparently not but it's more than just "not my thing mate, live as you wanna live". Inevitably, larger girls have been known to have a thing for him which has always been fun watching him squirm. At least the humour comes from watching him trying to find the right words when we all know what he's thinking. He's amazingly easy going about everything else too so it's so out of character. His ideas of what constitutes a 'big girl' and mine also differ hugely. He is also a health nut.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Might be the cartilage. Tore mine playing football and took a month to heal.

19 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I have a friend (it's true!) who is properly weird when it comes to 'big girls'. We have taken him to task over it many times, and as with most people I don't really care what you're into/not into but I am interested in why, so with him it's not like he hates fat people and cant be agreeable but he admits to judging them all for being slovenly. I have suggested he takes the @wazzap24 route many times, but it's a kind of physical disgust, like it's properly one of the worst things he could ever imagine. 

Is this really that odd? I'll keep my mouth shut and let people live their life how they want to, I'm not going to start abusing people in the street because they're overweight, but there's not much I find more physically unattractive than big rolls of fat.

This country has a serious problem with obesity and I find it quite hard to tolerate this "big is beautiful" mindset.

Obviously the opposite is true as well. I'm not saying everyone should aspire and be pressured in to looking like starved fashion models. Real women do have curves - but those curves shouldn't form a **** circle, in my book.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is this really that odd? I'll keep my mouth shut and let people live their life how they want to, I'm not going to start abusing people in the street because they're overweight, but there's not much I find more physically unattractive than big rolls of fat.

This country has a serious problem with obesity and I find it quite hard to tolerate this "big is beautiful" mindset.

Obviously the opposite is true as well. I'm not saying everyone should aspire and be pressured in to looking like starved fashion models. Real women do have curves - but those curves shouldn't form a **** circle, in my book.

I probably haven't explained it very well but it's the only thing he's really judgmental about. Basically everyone can live as they wanna live as long as no one is getting hurt and all that in his utopia except be fat. And whilst he can stick to social conventions to communicate with people and wouldn't dream of upsetting anyone he is honest with his mates about the fact that the size of other people upsets him.

Like he isn't gay and he isn't into gay guys, yet they exist in the world and that doesn't bother him.

He isn't 'a big guy' and he isn't into 'big' girls, yet they exist in the world and that MASSIVELY bothers him.

I'd like to clarify that I am a fan of 'curvy girls', not massive great big fatties.

Kim Kardashian, not Bella Emberg. 

I could never be a chubby chaser, there's no way I'm sharing my KFC bargain bucket. 

1 hour ago, coda said:

Might be the cartilage. Tore mine playing football and took a month to heal.

Maybe. A month sounds rough.

Got an elbow to the ribs at football, it felt fine, so I played again. Now I'm in agony. I'd go to the dr's but I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I don't want to be grounded.

Â