Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Complete with keyboard from 1992 as well!

Keytronic Ergoforce - Nothing but the GOAT for me. I've scavenged 3 more of them and have stashed them at home. They should last me until retirement. The current one I'm using is roughly 15 years old

26 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Are you a member of CAMRA?

Had to google, and I will be soon.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't diss CAMRA. If it wasn't for them we'd have to drink lager.  

some mates and I did a brewery Tour in Faversham the other year at Shepherd Neame .. was also 6 CAMRA members in our tour , when we did the sampling they refused to drink the lager sample :) 

don't think they were too impressed when my mate described Bishops Finger as tasting like Jilly Coopers knickers  ( it sounded funnier at the time as we were all rather smashed by then )

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

why is it acceptable for birds to walk around the office barefoot? it really annoys me, now I may have a small foot fetish so the fact that they have their toes out doesn't bother me.

Its the fact that if I got my great plates of meat out and started stomping around the office I'm sure that someone would have something to say about it 

It goes back to the age old complaint of women being allowed to wear what they want in an office and men having to stick to a rigid dress code. 

I'm sure thats why we get paid much more :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

It goes back to the age old complaint of women being allowed to wear what they want in an office and men having to stick to a rigid dress code. 

I'm sure thats why we get paid much more :ph34r:

I've always been torn on the dress code thing. The professional, managerial side of me thinks there should be a reasonable and sensible code for all. Women do get a lot more leeway in that regard.  

The side of me that is none of those things, thoroughly enjoys the spring/summer months in the office. 

On balance I've decided it's best not to upset the apple-cart, or in this case the peaches and melons cart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I've always been torn on the dress code thing. The professional, managerial side of me thinks there should be a reasonable and sensible code for all. Women do get a lot more leeway in that regard.  

The side of me that is none of those things, thoroughly enjoys the spring/summer months in the office. 

On balance I've decided it's best not to upset the apple-cart, or in this case the peaches and melons cart. 

I think the best solution is for the attractive and shapely younger women to wear skimpy clothes in the summer and the fat ones who resemble Jocky Wilson should remain covered up at all times in floor length smocks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've got a new guy starting on my team on Monday.

He wore a tie to the interview. I've e-mailed him today and said well done for wearing a tie to the interview, that's the right thing to do. From 8:30am Monday, let's not see the tie again.

Ha, I have my interview on Wednesday, I will be wearing a tie, If I get the job I'll rarely have to wear one to work again YAY! (Downstairs in IT / Engineering they don't do ties, ties will be reserved for board meetings if invited (possible at the new level) and court appearances (Occasionally part of the job)

• Like 2

I just don't see the need for them anymore in general work/business life. It's outdated and linked to a culture I don't like. Formal social events, weddings, funerals and stuff - yeah if you want to, but not at work. 

Way back when I worked in a pub, it was always the 'suits' coming in that were the biggest knobs, I hated them. Then I became one, but I've vowed to bravely take the fight on from the inside and end the suit/tie slavery (not all heroes wear capes, some us just want to wear a smart pair of Chino's and an Oxford shirt). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Screenshot_20180126-204752.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â